Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Idaho

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    Doyle played some in Brazil and the first exhibition game, but hasn't seen any since. He was a project coming into his college career and is only a red shirt freshman this year, so it's not unexpected that he hasn't seen any meaningful minutes at this point in his career.

I would guess next year will be more of his make-or-break year, as it'll be his third year in the program and he won't have a senior, all conference post eating up minutes in front of him.
    That makes sense. For all intents and purposes, I hope he works out for the Jackrabbits, as he's one of those kids that I don't want to see ending up at Mankato or St. Cloud in a year or two. I just hadn't seen his name mentioned anywhere and was wondering what the situation was with him.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
      That makes sense. For all intents and purposes, I hope he works out for the Jackrabbits, as he's one of those kids that I don't want to see ending up at Mankato or St. Cloud in a year or two. I just hadn't seen his name mentioned anywhere and was wondering what the situation was with him.
      If there is one big difference in college basketball, its this kind of comment. It use to be you redshirted, you might see some garbage minutes, then some minutes, and then you were contributor your junior and senior year. Now if you are not a playing solid minutes by your redshirt freshman year, you are gone, or need to go. It use to be it was a pleasant surprise if a freshman was contributing.

I watched part of the game. Larson needs to finish better, he has great footwork, just needs to work on his timing. I agree with the PG play, though I thought Parks played it alright. (not like Horstman or Larson was having to run the point or anything). Flatten really impressed me, he needs to fine tune his game a little bit, but he is athletic, and smooth. I think Idaho is a little better team than people give them credit for.

Comment

Hopefully it's more of a sign the jacks are recruited better players having freshmen play etc. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          The Jacks are deep. They played 9 guys against Idaho. Marshall could bring the options to 10.
          I think we do have a lot of young players with the physical talent but we will see how they mature and how deep they go.

You can look at Marshall being player number 10 or you could say that if he plays 30 minutes he will take most of the playing time away from Ian, Severyn, Devine(?) and especially Broman. I think those 4 players have about 50 minutes total through 2 games.
          We will be upgrading with Marshall coming in but it will be interesting to see the rotation a week or two into conference season. I know some of the younger guys are posts but you can rotate players to get the bets players on the court. Once the "new" players get more time this will be a good problem to have.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
            I think we do have a lot of young players with the physical talent but we will see how they mature and how deep they go.

You can look at Marshall being player number 10 or you could say that if he plays 30 minutes he will take most of the playing time away from Ian, Severyn, Devine(?) and especially Broman. I think those 4 players have about 50 minutes total through 2 games.
            We will be upgrading with Marshall coming in but it will be interesting to see the rotation a week or two into conference season. I know some of the younger guys are posts but you can rotate players to get the bets players on the court. Once the "new" players get more time this will be a good problem to have.
            Seems like we talk about depth and playing a lot of guys very year, but i'll believe it when i see it. I'm guessing once Marshall starts we'll have about a 7-8 man rotation. 3 or 4 players will get well over 30 minutes in competitive games,then maybe a couple who's minutes depend on match ups.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
              Seems like we talk about depth and playing a lot of guys very year, but i'll believe it when i see it. I'm guessing once Marshall starts we'll have about a 7-8 man rotation. 3 or 4 players will get well over 30 minutes in competitive games,then maybe a couple who's minutes depend on match ups.
              Yes, this happens every year. 9-10 guys play during the first few weeks of non-conference season and then it drops to 7-8 by January. Hopefully this year ends up being different but so far things are right on schedule with previous years.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                That would be the pattern from the past but the coaches have said they'll be deeper so that means something. Plus, there are so many factors such as injuries, matchups, and that it is hard to say. It seems like things go the best when the players can get into a rhythm which supports a shorter bench. We've had some times due to injury where we've had six or seven guys available. That isn't good either.

The coaches will figure it out. This team will be good come tournament time and maybe sooner than that. Book it! A fortune teller in Vegas told me so.

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                X