METRO STATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: METRO STATE

Metro turns up the pressure and their offense picks up.  They pull away and win handily 79-68, not even that close.  Off to the elite 8 where they should be more than just competative.  The RMAC can look forward to dominating the region in the future, with perhaps the exception of NSU.  UNK lost 5 games this year, 4 to Metro.  That would suck.

(Michigan v. Missouri has been one hell of a game.  There are some nice match-ups in the NIT this year.  Certainly no shame in making that tournament.)
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Good luck to Metro, I hope they win it all.

If you're going to go down, go down to the champions.

I can't wait for the first game in Frost Arena against a Division I team. History will be made that night...the first ever Division I home game in South Dakota history.

I am so proud of my alma mater.

Go State!
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Rabbit fan

Check out what UNK Tom Kropp says about Metro at Omaha.com under sports. Pretty impressive. Calls Metro one of the top 50 including D1. They had a transfer from Washington that went for 37 against UCLA.

Maverick

Comment

Metro loses 83-81 to Southern Indiana.  30 game win streak is over.  Kennesaw St. into the finals, we beat them (65-50) early this season in the Disney classic.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

kind of happy metro got beat, if someone is going to win the championship it should be at least a school with a decent following. i don't know if southern indianaor kennesaw st. is any better, but they can't be much worse. Kind of interesting that we beat Kenn. State earlier this year, we were probably playing our best b-ball then and they may have improved over the season. Anyways, time to start looking at football.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Kennesaw wins it all in a laugher.

Southern Indiana 59
              Kennesaw State  84

For what its worth (nothing) we can say we beat the eventual champs.  I won't miss DII.

Women's side, Cal beats Drury in a close game, 75-72.

As for DI, what a great weekend.  3 of the 4 games were fantastic.  I think it will be UConn over OK. St. for the title, but I will be pulling for Eddie Sutton and the Cowboys.

Comment

Of the four teams remaining, the only one I dislike is Connecticut. Lord, I hate the Big East...

Oklahoma State--ok (Big XII flag-bearers now that Kansas went down)
                Georgia Tech--ok (gotta pull for the rambling wreck)
                Duke--I just LOVE the way Duke plays basketball. Coach K does it right.

UConn...Ugh. Please lord let the Dukies drill the Huskies...
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I will be cheering for Okie St. Go Cowboys!!

Comment

Me too!  I have them going all the way in my office pool (for entertainment value only).  Go Cow pokes!    Besides like us, they are a "State" school!

Go SDSU!
                    Go OSU!

Comment

Working...
                    X