METRO STATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: METRO STATE

Metro should be on our hit list. After they came into Brookings a stole the regional title in 2002 on their way to the National title I know Nagy, Schantz, etc.. have wanted a shot at these guys. Should have had it last year but we ran out of gas against a UNK team that we were better than. This game is about more than a return to the regional title game and the elite 8.

I equate the currentl rivalry with Metro to any NCC rivalry over the last 4-5 years, at least from a level of competition standpoint. Granted, Metro has no fans so their is no passion there. I don't think Dunlap and the Metro players respect SDSU as much as they should and I for one want this win more than any other in the last 5 years. GO GET'EM JACKRABBITS!!
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
      Based on previous years I suspect they play to the level of their competition, a little bit.  They will be geared up for SDSU (if we get past NSU).  Their head coach will make certain of that.  Each time we have played them they have employed some form of 3/4 to full court pressure/trapping which really gave us trouble.  Primarily, I think, because we never see this defense in the NCC.  Guard play will be of utmost importance.

They are usually quite physical inside but don't look to enter to the post as their primary offense.  They prefer to use the dribble-drive and pass or shoot, entry to the high post and pass or shoot, or a perimeter based game.  These observations are based on what I recall seeing from them in the regional in 2000, 2001, and 2002 and the Elite 8 in 2000 and 2002 which they won both years.  It may be different this year.

Here is the link to their men's BB site for those interested in stats, etc..

http://www.mscd.edu/~runners/basketb...etballhome.htm
      In some ways it was. The Jackrabbits were back to their high-scoring ways after failing to reach 80 points in three consecutive games. They know they will have to elevate their play even further, though, to have a chance against Metro State.

"We just need to take care of the ball - that's our main point of emphasis," Jackrabbits guard Marquise Richardson said. "We need to make them pay for pressing by getting some easy baskets."

Q hit the nail on the head.  Metro will press and we must handle that pressure, attack the basket with the press break and take open shots.  Lester Strong is a tough inside player and rebounder but we should be a much better rebounding team at all other positions.  This game really comes down to gaurd play so we need another great night out of Andy and a lot of help from Q, Schantz, and Giever.

Metro has not lost since November 29th when UMD beat them. I think its time to end their unbeaten streak and knock them out of the post-season as we leave DII. This should give them something to remember us by.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Here is a little tidbit from the Denver Post:

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,...016779,00.html

Metro trounces Mesa to advance to semifinals

By The Denver Post

Senior forward Lester Strong scored 20 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, and Metro State forced Mesa State into 33 turnovers as the Roadrunners advanced to the semifinals of the North Central Regional of the NCAA Division II Tournament with a 102-72 victory at the Auraria Events Center.

Top-seeded and nationally top-ranked Metro State (29-2) scored 45 points off the eighth-seeded Mavericks' 33 turnovers to win its 27th consecutive game - the longest streak in the nation at any level.

The Roadrunners, champions of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference regular season and tournament, will play fourth-seeded and 10th-ranked South Dakota State (27-6) at 7:30 p.m. today in the semifinals. South Dakota State beat fifth-seeded Northern State 99-80.

Junior guard Keith Borgan scored 16 points for Metro State, and senior guards Luke Kendall and C.J. Massingale scored 15 points apiece.

Massingale had six of the Roadrunners' 22 steals. . . .

TAKE CARE OF THE BALL, MAKE THE EASY SHOTS, REBOUND = Jackrabbit Victroy!

Go State, Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit

TAKE CARE OF THE BALL, MAKE THE EASY SHOTS, REBOUND = Jackrabbit Victroy!

Go State, Go State!
          I would add.... MAKE SOME OF THE HARDER SHOTS and METRO MISS A LOT OF 3's and I 2nd the Go State, Go State thing.

I am cheering for UNK in the first game.  Word of warning:  Do not listen to the UNK webcast.  The announcer is a zombie and will make you consider jabbing a blunt object into your jugular vein just to end the misery.  Suffer through the overly enthusiastic coyote guys from KVHT and just expect that the yotes do no wrong and Mueller is always getting screwed.  Of course, this is no different than listening to Imming on WNAX.

Here is the link to the USD broadcast page.  Stay away from the UNK webcast, you've been warned.

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/info/radio/

I am having trouble connecting to the USD webcast so I am resigned to listening to the UNK zombie.  If I don't post for awhile you know I took my life.  For some of you this is probably what you were hoping for. ;D

Here is a link, the connection is about the middle of the page on the far left of the screen.

http://www.lopers.com/mbball/default.htm

I hope the WNAX connection is better tonight. If not, there is no other option. I don't believe Metro has a webcast and I am not aware of any other options. Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Fast paced game which favors UNK, they are up 31-18 with 10 minutes to play in the half. Mueller on the bench since 15 min mark with 2 fouls. All UNK right now.

Comment

UNK controls pace the first half and dominates to lead 52-38 at the midpoint. USD needs to regroup and play their best half of the year (which they used up yesterday against UNO). Looks like the RMAC will have 1 team in the finals this year. Would have been kind of interesting having NCC schools playing for the championship like the women do. I have to continue to cheer for the Lopers, just can't stand the yotes.

Comment

USD hanging around, pace has slowed down.  UNK ahead 75-65 with 8 minutes to play.

Lopers make a big run and essentially put the yotes away.  Now 92-74 with 3 minutes to play.  Game over, Yotes go home losers.  I wonder if playing at the higher altitude doesn't wear the NCC teams down prematurely.  I think Metro has a definite advantage from this standpoint.  USD's lack of depth really apparent tonight with foul trouble and conditioning problems.

Fortunately, I think the Jacks have plenty of depth.  Kearney awaits the winner of tonights main event.  Lets go JACKS!!

Comment

96-80, Kearney beats USD.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

UNK announcer is giving the game to Metro St. He states "looks like we will get Metro again for the regional championship." He seems to be quite a moron so I'm glad he is endorsing Metro. Kearney wins 96-80. Tonights game with Metro is for the regional title. We match up well with UNK and with a win tonight I feel quite confident that we will make the elite 8. First things first, lets get the roadrunners.

Comment

Lets Go Rabbits! ;D

Comment

Justin Ingalls is one of the officials tonight. He is a BB and FB official in the NCC. He makes me nervous to say the least. I hope he can keep up with these two fast paced and talented teams. Lets go Jacks, we need our best performance of the year.

Comment

Does the internet broadcast start at exactly 8:30 too? cause it keeps saying the host isn't found, so i was just checking if maybe i'm doing something wrong.

Comment

I have the broadcast up right now. Doing intros.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbits
                              Does the internet broadcast start at exactly 8:30 too?  cause it keeps saying the host isn't found, so i was just checking if maybe i'm doing something wrong.
                              Its likely that the server/bandwidth is full/not adequate.  You'll just have to keep trying.  I am listening.

Comment

I'm just listening on the radio instead. I forgot i had one of those too :

Comment

Working...
                                X