METRO STATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: METRO STATE

Quick start by Metro, they are one talented team. Jacks are not handling the ball well. I think we need to shoot at least 50% from the field and, more importantly, well from beyond the arc. Schantz turns it over, Metro hits another 3 and now leads 21-9. Metro is better on the boards thus far. Still early, 15 minutes to go.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

they don't frieking miss. > > > >

this definately will not cut it
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
        they don't frieking miss.   > > > >

this definately will not cut it
        Things are not going well, I think I will step away and watch Men In Black. I'll be back later when I hope to hear that the Jacks have closed the gap. Metro leads 28-13 with 11:27 to go.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

It appears the Germans have bombed Pearl Harbor.

Comment

Looks like the Germans are burning the Capitol Buliding...
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Jack
              It appears the Germans have bombed Pearl Harbor.  
              Yes I believe they have.  It is hard to imagine that Metro lost to Minn. - Duluth and Winona St.  The boys ran into a buzz saw.  Still very proud of the way they played last night, kind of redeemed themselves from the way they finished the regular season.  

Looking forward to bigger and better things in D-I.  Go State, Love ya Blue.

Comment

Time to start learning German (or Roadrunner) I guess.  What an a**kicking.  I hope we play at least even from here,  otherwise we could lose by 40.  I guess Metro and their 27 game win streak are for real.  How did they lose to UMD and Winona?  Did they have different players then?  These guys are a DI quality team.  What a stat, Jacks shooting 52% but trailing by 25 points.  How the hell does that happen?  

They have taken 20 more shots and 10 more rebounds than we do. What in the hell are these players doing at Metro St.? Is it Denver? Its obvious that no one cares about the team. They average 800 per game and the university tried to do away with the athletics all together earlier this year. This is something else.

Comment

Does Derrick Schantz have an identical twin. He dissapeared about three weeks ago and has never came back. I know he has been a huge part of our team for the last few years but he hasn't done anything for a month. You would think his senior season he would show much more especially this time of year. I thought he of all would come out tough against metro since he was a key contributor when they beat us at frost. I hope he has a good second half, he has had way too good of career to go out like this

Metro is for real. If we come back it would be amazing.

might be time to start thinking about UND tommorrow.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I dont understand the WNAX server. First come first serve means nothing to the server. Apparently when it fills some get bumped off and its the early birds and not the last minute applicants. Not happy about that but since we are getting crushed it may not matter.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit

Yes I believe they have.  It is hard to imagine that Metro lost to Minn. - Duluth and Winona St.  The boys ran into a buzz saw.  Still very proud of the way they played last night, kind of redeemed themselves from the way they finished the regular season.  

Looking forward to bigger and better things in D-I.  Go State, Love ya Blue.
                      Wish I could say I was proud of the performance last night but the embarassment tonight is just too much.  We have 21 turnovers already and never had a chance against this team.  Nice to make the regional but leaving early again this year is discouraging.  Thanks for the DII memories Jacks.  Lets make new ones in DI.  

I trust they will finish with some pride and respect for Metro.  I must say they have earned my respect.  What a great BB program.  Dunlap and Metro have a dynasty.  If they win this year and I can't see them losing, that would be 3 titles in 5 years.  Impressive to say the least.

Metro has 81 points and there is still 10 minutes to play. They must have about 20 blocked shots. Even Luke Kendall has shoved some shots back in our faces. UNK might want to consider some stall tactics.

Comment

Upside: I'm guessing there is no problem connecting to the WNAX server any more . . .
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Here's hoping that McKenna can continue to build something interesting in Omaha...I don't see anyone else in the NCC who has a shot to keep up with Metro.

I've always hated the "40 minutes of hell" school of basketball. Any philsophy which basically depends on cheating ("they can't call all of the fouls we commit&quot is contemptable. You have to admit however it does get results.

Bring on the Sioux women! Go State!
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

OUCH!!

Listening to this game hurts. Must be the most disappointing 27 win season ever.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaRabbit
                              OUCH!!

Listening to this game hurts.  Must be the most disappointing 27 win season ever.  
                              Agreed.

Comment

That pressure defense worked two years ago in Brookings and I guess we should not be surprised that its still working.

I am surprised we did not have a better answer for breaking the press. UNO is about the only team that uses this type of press and they are no where as effective as Metro.

When you have the potential to put the game away in the first 10 to 15 minutes, its hard not to think National Championship like what Metro is now thinking. I have my doubts, UNK will pull an upset, but its also tough to beat a team four times during one season.

Did I hear home fans in the background tonight? I thought Metro played to an empty gym.

The Metro guys got to be in great physical shape and they were two years ago. Two years ago, I thought we could put them away since Metro was playing their third game in the regional and the Jacks their second in three days. No such luck.

Well its in the record books and not much we can say now but to acknowledge defeat and give congradualations to Metro State.

Comment

Working...
                                X