Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Year!

http://www.argusleader.com/story/ter...y-14/17300399/

Media Day blog for the start of this season.

Re: This Year!

Basically 2 weeks until the (exhibition) season kicks off with a doubleheader vs. South Dakota Tech!
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Seems like Nagy is trying to send a message to one Cody Larson with his lack of mentions. The audio is up on the league website for those interested.

Comment

^^ I thought the same thing 3ptJackrabbit. To be honest, the (brief) write up was hardly positive. Hopefully it was poorly put together and Nagy was typically over-cautious. Will listen to audio and see if there was more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Nagy did not bring up any returning players until he was asked about Bittle. He gave Jake positive marks as a teammmate. He added that Jake had been injury prone while here at SDSU. He discussed the unknowns of how players would contribute which could have been the new players only. There were hopes of Parks, Marshall, Flatten, Thiesen, and Tellinghuisen as first year contributors. Nagy answered the questions and he did not stray to give more information. He mentoned that the offense might be a bit different and the defense would be a bigger focus. I would not read too much into the things that were not discussed such as Cody Larson or Devine or Horstmann or.......
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            Nagy did not bring up any returning players until he was asked about Bittle. He gave Jake positive marks as a teammmate. He added that Jake had been injury prone while here at SDSU. He discussed the unknowns of how players would contribute which could have been the new players only. There were hopes of Parks, Marshall, Flatten, Thiesen, and Tellinghuisen as first year contributors. Nagy answered the questions and he did not stray to give more information. He mentoned that the offense might be a bit different and the defense would be a bigger focus. I would not read too much into the things that were not discussed such as Cody Larson or Devine or Horstmann or.......
            Maybe but it seems with Nagy what he doesn't say/include is often more intriguing than what he chooses to include. Always challenging players is an excellent quality for a head coach.

Comment

Usually nagy hypes up some players who said made huge strides like prince and donlan but during the season they are non factors or hardly play so I usually go with what we know from last year figure the guys we talks about needed to contribute probably will and guys who made big gains or most improvement probably not seeing them much.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Didn't Nagy say that Bittle could be one of the best players in the Summit? The only downfall is that he is injury prone. I'm excited to see what Flatten brings to the table. He's a great athlete.

Comment

This season is going to be interesting. I'm not sure anyone really knows what to think of the Jacks.

We're all aware of the great players that we will have to replace in Dykstra, Carlson, White, and Heemstra. That experience is impossible to replace. The interesting thing is that the players coming in are going to bring more athleticism and depth to the team. It's going to take a while to come together but if it comes together well it could be a beautiful thing.

They will need Bittle and Larson to be studs and leaders. Horstmann can be a big plus if we can keep him healthy. Marshall coming in is going to bring a different player at point guard than we've had before. There is going to be a lot of opportunity for the new guys to come in and earn minutes. My expectation is that with the depth that this team is going to get much better defensively. Nagy will demand it. If they want to see the floor then they better be ready to play defense.

I get the sense that they are kind of relishing the under the radar vibe.

Come tournament time and if they remain reasonably healthy my expectation is that they will be the team nobody wants to play. That's an optimistic view for sure and a lot of things have to happen for that to be the case but that is what my take is. Heck, if we can't be optimists in the preseason something is wrong.

As always, I can't wait for some Jackrabbit hoops!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    This ^^. Right on target...no need to talk about returners...with four key losses, people are interested in how transfers, redshirts and freshmen fit into the picture...pretty simple. Reading something into it beyond that is stretching IMO.

Comment

As I recall, Nagy was complimentary to Cody Larson, Jake Bittle, George Marshall and others in his remarks at SDSU's Media Day (see video and news reports from yesterday). Those three guys are likely to be the core of a team that could be very good come tourney time.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

NBC Sports' Rob Dauster has a nice write up about Cody Larson:

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...-expectations/
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                          NBC Sports' Rob Dauster has a nice write up about Cody Larson:

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...-expectations/
                          Kudos to Cody for turning his life around. Excited to see what the men and women can do this year. Gonna be a fun basketball season!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            Kudos to Cody for turning his life around. Excited to see what the men and women can do this year. Gonna be a fun basketball season!
                            This the most intriguing season for men since that first game of the first D-1 season, in that you just don't know where it's going?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                              This the most intriguing season for men since that first game of the first D-1 season, in that you just don't know where it's going?
                              I think both teams have a high ceiling. The men could also struggle which definitely makes things interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X