GDT: SDSU @ Omaha MBB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU @ Omaha MBB

Huge win last night that shows how far this team has come in the last couple weeks. To go from a nine point loss in Frost a couple of weeks ago to a 17 point beat down on the road proves this team has turned a corner. We won last night despite not shooting it that well with Chad White and Jordan Dykstra combining to go 1-10 from beyond the arc. If those two go 1-10 the first 2 and a half months of the season we lose the game and its probably not even close. Now all of the sudden we have a team that can dominate to the tune of 50-29 on the glass and hold a run and gun really good offensive team to 60 points on the road. Hard not to start to get really excited about where this team can go this year.

Comment

Re: GDT: SDSU @ Omaha MBB

On a side not how about the bench production the last couple weeks. I know its still only 7 guys playing but that is still better than any time in the last couple years. Really impressed with the solid minutes Horstman has been putting in lately(9 boards last night). I really think having our starters play low 30's minutes allows them to play hard every play on the defensive end, crash the boards, and not be afraid to get in foul trouble. I also think taking Broman out of the rotation was the right thing to do. I'm not giving up on him long term but he simply is not ready this year in any aspect of his game. The not spectacular but solid and extended minutes from Horstman and Heemstra have had something to do with this teams turnaround the last couple weeks.

Comment

Working...
      X