Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA 6thFan Contest

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Thanks. My wife was getting discouraged when % wasn't going anywhere.
    As was I just now...good to know...way to hold on us...again...hammersmith!
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Holding in 29th place at midnight. We didn't move in the almost 40 minutes I was voting but at least we didn't drop down either Night Jackrabbits
      Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Just got some more votes in and now we are up to 27. Only 4 for spots to go to catch up to IPFW.
        Go State! Go State!

Comment

Our voting pace went up to 485%,that's fourth on the biggest movers ranking chart.Right behind us is UNC Greensboro (#24) at 470%.Us two,seem to be the only two so far with a chance to slip into the top 16.UALR is already in the top 16 and leading the biggest movers at 9,500%.Biggest movers % is basically comparing Yesterday to Today in number of votes,so it can be misleading.Purdue (2,825%) is comming on strong,but aren't in top 48,so might be too little , too late for them.A&M- Corpus Christy at (# 34) VOTING AT 500% pace,have to stay ahead of them .The two just ahead of us are pretty weak voting schools (i looked at their dailey voting rank #'s,obtainable by clicking on their vote,doesn't count) compared to ours, we should pass them today.Keep voting we seemed to be putting forth just the right amount of effort with enough time to do this........I'll be voting off and on today for as long as i have time to...Go Jacks.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-10-2014, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Been voting for a good 30 min. We have 6 and a half days to get at least 11 spots. Let's gooooooo!

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              Our voting pace went up to 485%,that's fourth on the biggest movers ranking chart.Right behind us is UNC Greensboro (#24) at 470%.Us two,seem to be the only two so far with a chance to slip into the top 16.UALR is already in the top 16 and leading the biggest movers at 9,500%.Biggest movers % is basically comparing Yesterday to Today in number of votes,so it can be misleading.Purdue (2,825%) is comming on strong,but aren't in top 48,so might be too little , too late for them.A&M- Corpus Christy at (# 34) VOTING AT 500% pace,have to stay ahead of them .The two just ahead of us are pretty weak voting schools (i looked at their dailey voting rank #'s,obtainable by clicking on their vote,doesn't count) compared to ours, we should pass them today.Keep voting we seemed to be putting forth just the right amount of effort with enough time to do this........I'll be voting off and on today for as long as i have time to...Go Jacks.
              Biggest movers is only comparing the current hour to the previous. Almost meaningless. Say University X got only 1 vote last hour. If I come along and vote for them 15 times, they'll now be at +1500%. But it's still only 15 votes.

The two pieces of info to consider are daily rank and daily percent. You guys have been ranked 3rd ever since you got going. And your daily total has gone up each of those days(the dial has been in the green at 7pm each day). Looks like you'll do it again today(7.5 hours to get the remaining 40% from yesterday's total). The only fanbases outperforming you are Arkansas State(1 overall, 2 in daily voting) and NDSU(2/1). And you can't believe the gap between us and the rest of the pack; it's enormous.

Comment

Everyone else is realizing time is running out and increasing their effort too,we have to push harder to overtake people now,let's start putting that midwestern work ethic to good use and bury these guys.We'll have to break a few college spirits I'm afraid, to forge ahead.So be it.

Comment

26th. Great job fellas and ladies. Can't do much voting at work. I'll try to make up for it tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    26th. Great job fellas and ladies. Can't do much voting at work. I'll try to make up for it tonight.
                    Knew somebody was helping out, as I have been trying to catch Chattanooga for the last hour, and knew they were voting too. Next up is Xavier. And thanks to Hammersmith for the continuing explanations. I do believe the top 2 are way ahead of the field, and I think we still have a pretty big hill to climb as a number of the schools between us an 16 are obviously working hard to get to that level.

Comment

Has anybody mentioned this to the athletic dept. They could send out an email and a tweet. In think that would help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                        Has anybody mentioned this to the athletic dept. They could send out an email and a tweet. In think that would help.

The athletic department did send out a tweet and I retweeted in the last hour. I did vote all weekend since it was raining here all weekend. I will be voting again tonight.

Keep voting!!!

Go Jacks!
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post

i retweeted from sdsu athletic dept over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                            Biggest movers is only comparing the current hour to the previous. Almost meaningless. Say University X got only 1 vote last hour. If I come along and vote for them 15 times, they'll now be at +1500%. But it's still only 15 votes.

The two pieces of info to consider are daily rank and daily percent. You guys have been ranked 3rd ever since you got going. And your daily total has gone up each of those days(the dial has been in the green at 7pm each day). Looks like you'll do it again today(7.5 hours to get the remaining 40% from yesterday's total). The only fanbases outperforming you are Arkansas State(1 overall, 2 in daily voting) and NDSU(2/1). And you can't believe the gap between us and the rest of the pack; it's enormous.
                            It's almost as if you personally are the one putting this thing on...you know so much about the details!

Anywho...vote vote vote!
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                              i retweeted from sdsu athletic dept over the weekend.
                              It is noted.
                              http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...B_OEM_ID=15000
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                                I posted the article on my Facebook page.
                                Last edited by NWHSUandSDSU; 02-10-2014, 01:35 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Working...
                                X