Western Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Western Illinois

Necks foul Carlsen and send him to the line. Jacks lead 61-53 after Dykstra sank both his free throws. Carlsen uncharacteristically misses the first but makes the second. 62-53 37.6 left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

62-55 jacks. Dykstra at the line and makes both for 20. Now ahead of Garrett Callahan on the scorers list

Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Jacks win 64-55!
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

My feed is slow Kemo- when you posted this I still had 10 seconds to play lol

Comment

Jacks seem to let teams constantly shoot well from 3. Need to extend the defense out.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post
              My feed is slow Kemo- when you posted this I still had 10 seconds to play lol

Well, technically there were about 10 seconds left on the clock when I hit submit, so maybe that is causing your delay
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                Jacks seem to let teams constantly shoot well from 3. Need to extend the defense out.
                One thing that has bothered me is that we aren't hedging very many ball screens this year, and when someone like Covenington is lighting it up, he needs to have a 6'8" Jackrabbit in his grill.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  One thing that has bothered me is that we aren't hedging very many ball screens this year, and when someone like Covenington is lighting it up, he needs to have a 6'8" Jackrabbit in his grill.
                  Exactly. Especially when our bigs are athletic enough to get back to their man.

Comment

A few points from the Nagy interview: Happy with defensive effort in the paint. Thought Larson had a great defensive game. Alley oop at end of half was a designed end-of-game play. If White is hitting shots it changes our game. Have struggled against the three all year but more concerned about what happens in paint. Surprised by size of crowd. Big contrast in pace and style between WIU and Omaha. Omaha's guards are the type that have given us trouble this year.

Comment

Surprised in a good way or a bad way with the crowd?

Comment

Good way. Tyler mentioned that several times too.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          Larson get a big O rebound and put-back to open a 9 point lead with 3:18 to go. He has 13 and a bunch of rebounds. Earlier Tyler said, "like I said last week, where would this team be without Cody Larson?".

Wondered that several times myself....

Comment

Wish we had better camera angles, but still pretty nice.

Comment

Both alley oops were nice, it is just weird seeing a Jacks player throwing down multiple alley oops in a game. Yes, Larson has been a huge addition to the Jacks team on the offensive and defensive of the ball, and I have no idea how this team would be without Larson.
                              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

There are a lot of plays that involve Cody throwing it down. It was a solid game that appeared it could have been a blowout if Covington was not so accurate from the 3 pt area. Western would not go away as Covington will be a force in the Summit during his 4 years in the conference. We are seeing an emphasis on the game in the paint for the Jackrabbits.. It has been improving during the season.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X