Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Illinois

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...B_OEM_ID=15000

Not sure about the crowd tomorrow since Brookings and surrounding counties have a blizzard warning.

NCAA RPI: SDSU - 200, WIU - 292.

WIU is 0-7 on the road this year and is winless all time at Frost Arena.

Sagarin says ... Jacks by 8

5 dimes says ... Jacks by 8.5

Re: Western Illinois

If the weather breaks this afternoon or the snow does not materialize as predicted, I will be ready to get out of the house. The home conference opener should be a good one for the Jackrabbits.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I will be watching on JumpTV. Right now, its windy but no snow in Arlington. 30 mph

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        If the weather breaks this afternoon or the snow does not materialize as predicted, I will be ready to get out of the house. The home conference opener should be a good one for the Jackrabbits.

I hear ya. If the interstate is open, I'll be there. Get a couple W's this week and 3-1 will be looking pretty good.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

This one is probably a "must win" if SDSU has hopes of winning the regular-season title. I have a feeling that it won't come easy. Hopefully Devine will be ready to put in a few minutes.

The game is on Midco and FCS Central.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            This one is probably a "must win" if SDSU has hopes of winning the regular-season title. I have a feeling that it won't come easy. Hopefully Devine will be ready to put in a few minutes.

The game is on Midco and FCS Central.
            If the Jacks are going to compete for a title , they need to win their home games and go .500 on the road. If any team can go 11-3 , they will be in the hunt .

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              If the Jacks are going to compete for a title , they need to win their home games and go .500 on the road. If any team can go 11-3 , they will be in the hunt .
              I said the same thing, no one in the league is clearly the front runner as has been the case other years. a lot of teams with potential, so winning at home and splitting on the road should leave a team in a good spot. This year getting the 1st seed in the tourny is more important then ever.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                I said the same thing, no one in the league is clearly the front runner as has been the case other years. a lot of teams with potential, so winning at home and splitting on the road should leave a team in a good spot. This year getting the 1st seed in the tourny is more important then ever.
                Second seed will probably be very important too, with the way IUPUI has looked thus far. There would probably be a big difference between facing them and someone like USD/WIU in the opening round.

Comment

Second seed will probably be very important too, with the way IUPUI has looked thus far. There would probably be a big difference between facing them and someone like USD/WIU in the opening round.
                  Fair point. playing 2 games instead of 3 is best, if your playing 3 games having one against IUPUI is second best.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Gotta win these home games against teams not at the top of the conference and preferably win all you home games. It starts tonight. I will not be able to make it up to Brookings tonight or this weekend. I have 5 tickets if you are near Yankton I can get them to you for both games.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

If anyone is traveling in or around Brookings today (especially on I-90), I'd appreciate any possible updates on road/visibility conditions.
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        If anyone is traveling in or around Brookings today (especially on I-90), I'd appreciate any possible updates on road/visibility conditions.
                        Visibility is coming and going. There has not been much snow yet, but the wind has bumped a notch since 10 and the temp has continued to go down. Both of those things were forecasted. It is generally a situation of how much new snow. If we do not get too much at a time, the visibility has been OK with an occasional whiteout. Earlier trucks had problem with the wind and ice on I-29. South of town(Brookings) has brought no reports through the office.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Will the 2 seed play on Saturday night?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            Will the 2 seed play on Saturday night?
                            Yes...so 2-seed if they win will get a day off (Sunday)

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              Yes...so 2-seed if they win will get a day off (Sunday)
                              Yup...and #1 seeds don't play until Monday. Pretty important this year to be one of the top two seeds...

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...pionship/index

Comment

Working...
                              X