D-I Midnight Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D-I Midnight Madness

Does anyone have any insight on Casey Mackenzie from Wounded Knee? I have heard through the grapevine that Nagy kinda likes this kid. Living in Texas keeps me out of the SD high school basketball scene. was he highly recruited, is he a walk on ? any info would be appreciated.

Comment

Texas: Some scholarship, but completely under the radar. Averaged a near triple-double in high school, and did not make All-State becasue his team never went to the state tourney. A shame. Played in the High School Coaches All Star game and really did not show much.
      And speaking of under the radar, his name is McKenzie (sp) Casey. His dad, Tom, is a long time broadcaster at KILI on the reservation.

Comment

Nagy has indicated the Casey has been one of the early surprises. Has endless energy and never gets tired. Again at this point none of the freshman are being redshirted which tells you we are lacking depth. I assume most of the freshman will play or why wouldn't they be redshirted. I defenitely think if a kid like Makenzie can come in and play it will give hope to other talented kids on the reservation!

Comment

Working...
        X