D-I Midnight Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D-I Midnight Madness

It looks as if this link is also out-dated.  Hopefully someone knows a little something about this.

Comment

I cannot say for sure if he is still a part of the team at this moment, but I know he was participating in off-season workouts in Brookings with Andy Klienjan as well as reffing at the men's team camp. So unless something happend between the end of summer and now I would have thought he was still on the team! That is all I have!!!! :-/

Comment

Don't know if this is the case but didn't he transfer at the semester break last year? If he did he can sit out 1st semester this year and then join the team in January without losing a season of eligilbility. That's what happened with Tommie King at USD last year. Pure Guess - but hopefully he is still on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by jack100
          Don't know if this is the case but didn't he transfer at the semester break last year?  If he did he can sit out 1st semester this year and then join the team in January without losing a season of eligilbility.  That's what happened with Tommie King at USD last year.  Pure Guess - but hopefully he is still on the team.
          I think, that as a juco transfer, Landon Scott can play right away. Didn't King transfer straight from ISU?
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne

I think, that as a juco transfer, Landon Scott can play right away. Didn't King transfer straight from ISU?

Yes but King transferred at semester time in the middle of the year. If Landon Scott did the same (do not know for sure) and sits out in the fall - he wouldn't lose his semester of eligibility for that year.

Comment

Landon Scott told the coaching staff last Friday that he was leaving school.

Comment

I had heard he was finding it difficult to compete with others at his position.

Comment

Coach Nagy was at the monthly Alumni gathering in Sioux Falls Monday. He stated that Landon Scott is no longer with the team Mr. Scott told the coaches prior to the Midnight Madness. Coach Nagy stated he thought it was the right move for Landon Scott for personal reasons, and also the right move for the team as he was not competing very well against the other players. Coach Nagy also indicated that this means the team will be then at the 2 position.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I don't have any insight with regards to this. Someone help me understand who was/is ahead of him on the depth charts? Nice to see some activity on the BB board.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic
                      Coach Nagy was at the monthly Alumni gathering in Sioux Falls Monday. He stated that Landon Scott is no longer with the team Mr. Scott told the coaches prior to the Midnight Madness. Coach Nagy stated he thought it was the right move for Landon Scott for personal reasons, and also the right move for the team as he was not competing very well against the other players. Coach Nagy also indicated that this means the team will be then at the 2 position.
                      Thanks for sharing this info as I dont think there will ever be a press release explaining his departure. Coach Nagy however is very candid when you ask about a departure from the roster yet he will protect that individual as he did in this case.

A rumor I picked up with out source is that Landon had not been attending class since enrolling so apparently he was not motivated to be a winning Jackrabbit. I dont think SDSU could bear any more negative news about student athletes. We have reached our quota.

Comment

Andy Moeller would have been #1, when they signed Scott, counted thought he would have been #2 on the depth chart at that position.

Coach nagy also indicated he was pretty excited about Gilbert; but that the question will be to keep in control and not get to wild. He must be one heck of an athlete and Nagy said he could play anywhere for the 1 to the 4 position.

He also said recruiting has not changed. Players that they use to lose out on, especially in the Twin Cities, now are looking at SDSU because they are D1. Before the switch, SDSU was competing with so many other D2 schools they could get lost in the noise, and those a lot of kids that wanted to play at D1 level were having to go to a school out of the region. Now they can stay close to home and still play at D1 level.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Nagy has also indicated they have no current plans to redshirt current freshman and none have approached him to do so. This is in stark contrast to NDSU which it seems is redshirting their entire freshman class. There is hope the Jacks will sign one South Dakota kid this fall.

Comment

Sign a SD kid - what a unique idea

Comment

Oh, I forgot, USD has all SD kids on their roster, and always have. NOT!!

Comment

Originally posted by goyotes
                                Sign a SD kid - what a unique idea
                                Don't worry, we'll be the first and only school in the state to get a handshake, verbal agreement, and signature on a DI contract from a SD kid (thats in all sports). That means a lot more than you'll ever be able to understand. Coyotes signing any baseball players from SD this year?
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X