Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruits

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    I'm fairly sure its a different Brown family.

I haven't been around Brown much but when I have, I've thought he was a real confident guy -- some might read it as confident in a negative way (i.e. cocky) but I think he's known all along that playing for the Jacks is a goal and he makes that goal only with a lot of hard work. If he doesn't make the team, it won't be due to lack of effort. I like his attitude. Now lets see what he can do. He's a good get for a walkon.
    I too like his attitude and hope he succeeds. I suppose you could say Nick Nagy was kind of a ball hog at BHS, but their coach built their offense around Nick, much like the current coach at Mitchell probably built his offense around Beau Brown. That is what you have to do to get a few wins when the talent is down. JackJD, I imagine you know a bunch of Browns throughout SD, so I might have been presumptuous in thinking he was connected to the all time great Steve Brown from the Marking era.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      I too like his attitude and hope he succeeds. I suppose you could say Nick Nagy was kind of a ball hog at BHS, but their coach built their offense around Nick, much like the current coach at Mitchell probably built his offense around Beau Brown. That is what you have to do to get a few wins when the talent is down. JackJD, I imagine you know a bunch of Browns throughout SD, so I might have been presumptuous in thinking he was connected to the all time great Steve Brown from the Marking era.
      Nick averaged about 5 pts/gm (that might be high) and didn't even start at times...
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
        Nick averaged about 5 pts/gm (that might be high) and didn't even start at times...
        I am not up on first names but the one I am referring to is the one who is currently playing for Wayne State Tyler I believe is his name. I think he averaged a few more than 5 pts.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I am not up on first names but the one I am referring to is the one who is currently playing for Wayne State Tyler I believe is his name. I think he averaged a few more than 5 pts.
          Yep,Tyler is the one at Wayne State. His bio says he average 21.4 pts. his senior year at BHS.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
            Yep,Tyler is the one at Wayne State. His bio says he average 21.4 pts. his senior year at BHS.
            I have not had much interest in high school basketball, but I do know that BHS has not been high on talent and getting a coaches kid usually implies talent and that was the case with Tyler maybe not with Nick though, but I digress. I wish Beau Brown the best at SDSU.

Comment

@RyanJamesMN: Wheeler Baker will transfer from Albany to North Dakota. Baker is a shooting guard from Osseo HS

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                Aarias Austin decommitted today due to "certain circumstances."

https://twitter.com/3_aarias/status/530095041575124994
                http://wcfcourier.com/sports/college...3366a0afd.html

Comment

When I saw the above post, I wondered where I had heard that name before in conjunction with SDSU. After reviewing old posts (going back to last Fall), I found Jacked4Days post from last Fall. Anyway, good followup, jack power.

Comment

Better UNI than SDSU. I don't like to say bad things about young people, but I don't think he was caring much about his future when he made these choices. You got to be careful Ben Jacobsen.

Comment

I hope Arias Austin learns from this and can move forward. UNI is a great mid-major program and he has a very good future if he can learn from this.

That said, I'm thrilled with Tevin King as a combo guard! He appears to be a high character guy with strong commitment and is an outstanding player. He could have transferred and starred at some of the high profile Chicago schools, but chose to stay at a school known more for academics than for basketball. The following recent tweets and Chicago Tribune story highlights what kind of man we are getting.

SJNMA Basketball@SJNMAbasketball May 15 @Tevinking_3 we thank you for the maturity & enthusiasm that you exhibited in every task you faced! You will always be a Lancer! Best wishes

Tevin King@Tevinking_3 May 15
                      A man should always finish what he start! Thanks to SJNMA BASKETBALL for everything. @SJNMAbasketball

Comment

https://twitter.com/coach_cooley
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          A link to the tweet I'm assume OldHare is referring to: https://twitter.com/Coach_Cooley/sta...91267599290369
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

That didn't take long...

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sp...f-uni-20151214
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                              I was hoping he would have become a Jack, but clearly has some issues. Wonder where his next destination will be? He should have considered the log jam of guards before changing his commitment to UNI.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                                I was hoping he would have become a Jack, but clearly has some issues. Wonder where his next destination will be?
                                Augie poster on bison board says Mankato.

Comment

Working...
                                X