Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruits

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    According to the story, he was the fifth guy in a rotation of three positions. If my memory is accurate, 3 of 4 were former recruits that we went after hard - Wes Washpun, Matt Bohannon, and Paul Jesperson.

Comment

Would he have been happier with his original commit (SDSU)? I guess we will never know. Matt seems to pick up a lot of D1 transfers and someone reported sometimes he clears other guys off the team to make room.

Comment

Augie poster on bison board says Mankato.
        https://mobile.twitter.com/ChadCourr...21579027185664

https://mobile.twitter.com/BettsSpor...50785092861952

Comment

I trusted ya! 😃
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I didn't see a category for 2019 recruits, but I saw a really good freshman play last night when I called the Bridgewater-Emery vs. Ethan game. His name is Sawyer Schultz... I'm not usually one to brag up on a player, but I think this kid is the real deal. Good speed, nice touch with the shot, good court vision and he'll pick your pocket cleaner than a hood from Brooklyn. I hope Coach Nagy has his eyes on him.
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
              I didn't see a category for 2019 recruits, but I saw a really good freshman play last night when I called the Bridgewater-Emery vs. Ethan game. His name is Sawyer Schultz... I'm not usually one to brag up on a player, but I think this kid is the real deal. Good speed, nice touch with the shot, good court vision and he'll pick your pocket cleaner than a hood from Brooklyn. I hope Coach Nagy has his eyes on him.
              - In honor of the final State of the Union speech tonight. -

Instead of hope, try changing your thought process and send coach Nagy and Klink your thoughts on the kid. I emailed them info on two Nebraska young men today. One sophomore I know has multiple mid-majors interested and the freshman has a higher ceiling. I fully expect to hear from them soon, as they have in the past. Coach Stig has always been very responsive too. Just don't expect more than a thank you as they can't share details about potential recruits that they are looking at.

Nidaros shared his perspective in another thread that followed this same line. Except he was sending newspaper clippings to a former football coach in the 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                - In honor of the final State of the Union speech tonight. -

Instead of hope, try changing your thought process and send coach Nagy and Klink your thoughts on the kid. I emailed them info on two Nebraska young men today. One sophomore I know has multiple mid-majors interested and the freshman has a higher ceiling. I fully expect to hear from them soon, as they have in the past. Coach Stig has always been very responsive too. Just don't expect more than a thank you as they can't share details about potential recruits that they are looking at.

Nidaros shared his perspective in another thread that followed this same line. Except he was sending newspaper clippings to a former football coach in the 90's.
                Yes that was before cell phones and the internet, but I think most coaches are glad to receive any information about a prospect. Granted there are tons of services out there that Gopherhole and UWM and SDSU use to keep the recruit threads up to date, just plain observation, especially from a radio announcer is of value. Its worth an email. Emery has produced some good basketball players over the years. One of them is my Urologist in Sioux Falls. He said he played on one of their championship teams and later at USD. So no doubt still a good basketball school.
                Last edited by Nidaros; 01-13-2016, 08:31 AM.

Comment

I trusted ya! 
                  Haha. I didn't doubt that. Just wanted to throw the links out there for others who don't trust something some Augie guy would say/post.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                    Haha. I didn't doubt that. Just wanted to throw the links out there for others who don't trust something some Augie guy would say/post.
                    What you see and hear in LasVegas stays in Las Vegas. I trusted your Twitter links they reliable.
                    I don't think this kid was ever interested SDSU. Just my take.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                      Coach's kid. He'll be a good one.

Comment

I was in Colman last Saturday and called the game. Kid is good...very good!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jumpinjackrabbit View Post
                          I was in Colman last Saturday and called the game. Kid is good...very good!!!!
                          As long we are mentioning kids to watch, if you get a chance go to a Yankton game and watch Matthew Mors. He's only a 7th grader and plays quite a bit. If you were to try and pick out the 7th grader on the team, he would not be the one you would select. Who knows how he will develop, but he is 6'4 now and looks pretty well put together. Maybe he won't grow anymore? Who knows. For a 7th grader in AA he holds his own really well.
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                            As long we are mentioning kids to watch, if you get a chance go to a Yankton game and watch Matthew Mors. He's only a 7th grader and plays quite a bit. If you were to try and pick out the 7th grader on the team, he would not be the one you would select. Who knows how he will develop, but he is 6'4 now and looks pretty well put together. Maybe he won't grow anymore? Who knows. For a 7th grader in AA he holds his own really well.
                            Not to mention that the kid can shoot. He was 5-9 behind the arc against Washington for 15 points.
                            "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                              Just for everybody's information...Matthew's father is Ryan Mors, the current AD at Yankton. Ryan played on all those great Huron football and basketball teams that Huron had in the early 90's. Ryan is about 6'4/6'5 range and played football at Northern. Just a quick fun fact, Mors was my 5th grade teacher and his wife Aimee was my PE teacher, we had a class party when Matthew was born.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                                Just for everybody's information...Matthew's father is Ryan Mors, the current AD at Yankton. Ryan played on all those great Huron football and basketball teams that Huron had in the early 90's. Ryan is about 6'4/6'5 range and played football at Northern. Just a quick fun fact, Mors was my 5th grade teacher and his wife Aimee was my PE teacher, we had a class party when Matthew was born.
                                Thanks for the background, always of interest to me. Was this the same team that included Mike Struck, who currently does football color with Tyler?

Comment

Working...
                                X