2015 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruits

If he gets released from his NLI he would be free to go anywhere and not sit. He would be eligible right away.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Saw a tweet from Minnesota recruiting expert Ryan James that Kyle McKinley , a center from Stillwater,MN who I believe the Jacks were recruiting at one time, is reopening his recruitment. It said he was signed/committed to Albany. Not sure what that means - if he signed last fall , Albany would have to release him,correct ? And then would he have to sit a year if he never enrolled/attended class there ?
      No inside info here but it'd be interesting to know if Wheeler Baker's transfer or the reason for his transfer were related.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

@AndyRenneke South Dakota State has already offered former St. Cloud State point guard Jordan Poydras and he will visit the Brookings campus next weekend
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
          @AndyRenneke South Dakota State has already offered former St. Cloud State point guard Jordan Poydras and he will visit the Brookings campus next weekend
          It's crazy how is recruitment from SDSU has come full circle, we did absolutely everything (including bringing him in on a visit) but offer him when he was in HS. He obviously kept the staff's attention since we still want him and offered him now.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
            It's crazy how is recruitment from SDSU has come full circle, we did absolutely everything (including bringing him in on a visit) but offer him when he was in HS. He obviously kept the staff's attention since we still want him and offered him now.
            He must be a talent if he will use a scholarship to sit one year and then be a one and done.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              He must be a talent if he will use a scholarship to sit one year and then be a one and done.
              This was a conclusion that crossed my mind, but we lose both Marshall and Parks after next year.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                Just a refresher, if you transfer across the same division, or move up a division you have to sit a year, but if you drop down a division you dont have too? I forget some of those rules.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Just a refresher, if you transfer across the same division, or move up a division you have to sit a year, but if you drop down a division you dont have too? I forget some of those rules.
                  According to the post from the newspaper, he would sit one year.
                  http://www.sctimes.com/story/sports/...ream/25388877/
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Here are his stats from last year. Looks like he must be a pretty solid offensive player to put up 20 per game in the NSIC.

Poydras Stats.jpg

Comment

To discourage cherry picking by the dominant schools.

Comment

Just to expand on this: If you graduate with an undergraduate degree, you can move across/above divisions without sitting out a year if your current institution doesn't offer your desired master's program.

However, I don't believe this would be the case with Jordan. Which is good, because he'll be needed for 2016-17, not 2015-16.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Monday is the start of the National Letter of Intent regular period for basketball and most of the other sports except football. It is always good to see the verbal commitments turn in to signings. I assume we will hear about signings by Gentry and Dykman, will there be any surprises? I don't this signing period applies to Poydras.

Comment

Any word or rumors regarding Poydras? Has he been offered at other schools? Is he inclined to accept SDSU's offer?

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                              Any word or rumors regarding Poydras? Has he been offered at other schools? Is he inclined to accept SDSU's offer?

"Andy Rennecke:
                              South Dakota State has offered him and he'll visit there next week. I've been told there are a few other schools in on him."

Army, Tennessee State and Cal State-Northridge all talked to him coming out of HS. I don't know if those school are still interested in him.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/jordan-poydras-ca
                              http://www.sctimes.com/story/sports/...ream/25388877/

Comment

Has anyone heard any updates on Wheeler Baker ? Last week on Zimmer's chat someone said he was down to UND , USD and the Jacks. You would think USD signing the transfer PG from Iowa yesterday may have an impact on whether they are still interested, since it would be tough to use two scholarships on players who will have to sit a year.

Comment

Working...
                                X