2015 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruits

Mike Thorne, 6-11 big man from Charlotte is transferring. He would be eligible to play right away. Possible replacement for Larson.
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...mike-thorne-jr.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
      Mike Thorne, 6-11 big man from Charlotte is transferring. He would be eligible to play right away. Possible replacement for Larson.
      http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...mike-thorne-jr.
      What do we know about his interest in SDSU? Do we offer any masters that he's interested in?

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
        What do we know about his interest in SDSU? Do we offer any masters that he's interested in?
        I get the feeling he would be a project, more so than any our current big guys. I wonder too about interest in SDSU, who I am sure would be easily confused with NDSU or even USD. I think Devine and Thiesen will do okay for replacements of Larson. Devine can block shots fairly good. One of the games he knocked the ball in the next county. Both of these guys will get plenty of playing time next year. Plus we have Daum who I have no idea of his talents and what he can do.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          He was also brought up on the Gopher board and the opinion there was with his numbers and being 6'11" that there would be some big dogs trying to secure his services. That doesn't mean that he would be interested in them , but he will be getting lots of interest.

Comment

Any word on how the Tevin King visit went?

Comment

Any insight if SDSU considered this young man? 7 footer Nate Brown Bull from Little Wound HS. Offer from Manhattan and interest from Montana St and New Mexico St right now.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/loc...2863f94bb.html
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                Any insight if SDSU considered this young man? 7 footer Nate Brown Bull from Little Wound HS. Offer from Manhattan and interest from Montana St and New Mexico St right now.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/loc...2863f94bb.html
                He is visiting Northeastern CC (Nebraska) very soon (per Prep Hoops Dakota).

Comment

It looks like the Jacks will have another scholarship available. Just saw a tweet from Errol Carlstrom@PulleyHoops that Anders Broman has been given his release from SDSU. Anders retweeted it , so it appears legit. Carlstrom is involved with The Howard Pulley basketball program in the Twin Cities.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    Any word on how the Tevin King visit went?
                    It will be interesting to see if anything develops here. After it was reported a week or so ago that King had tweeted that he was visiting here , I checked his Twitter page a day or two later and that tweet was no longer up. Not sure if he did that on his own or if he was told that it couldn't be talked about until there was officially a scholarship available. Makes for some intrigue though.

Comment

Adam Dykman receives Mr. Basketball award for Nebraska. It was voted on by 42 players, analysts, and media members. Dykman averaged 22.9 points, 11.9 rebounds, and 3.1 blocks per game. He shot 55 percent from the field and 42 percent from the land of plenty. Second place was given to Omaha North center and Creighton bound Justin Patton (the #17 big man in the nation according to ESPN), and USD commit Tyler Hagedorn from Norfolk got third.

http://fremonttribune.com/print_spec...de3f58d79.html
                      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Here is another video showing off some of Dykman's athletic ability.

https://instagram.com/p/sScOyHL27m/?...=adam_dykman42
                        "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                          Here is another video showing off some of Dykman's athletic ability.

https://instagram.com/p/sScOyHL27m/?...=adam_dykman42
                          If he's legitamately 6'8" that's really impressive.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

If SDSU does target a transfer my guess is it would be at the PG/combo guard position, someone who could come in in 2016-17 and take over for Marshall and Parks. The other option would be if they could find someone who is eligible to play right away, but those are very rare.

And if you have any info to counter these, go ahead and shout it out, I'm just speculating flat out on current team, hometown, position, etc.

Just some names I could see SDSU having interest and possibly vice versa would be

Jevon Thomas out of Kansas State- PG was a partial qualifier last year, would be a jr. had a rocky odd history at Kansas St. from the Milwaukee area, wants to be closer to home, Brookings is closer to Milwaukee than Manhattan. I could see him having some interest in SDSU if SDSU shows interest.

Clayton Custer- Iowa State. PG would be a sophomore. A 4 star recruit out of the Kansas City metro area. Had a ton of offers out of HS, would be a solid get.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              It will be interesting to see if anything develops here. After it was reported a week or so ago that King had tweeted that he was visiting here , I checked his Twitter page a day or two later and that tweet was no longer up. Not sure if he did that on his own or if he was told that it couldn't be talked about until there was officially a scholarship available. Makes for some intrigue though.
                              I heard he is supposed to make a decision this week.

Comment

Saw a tweet from Minnesota recruiting expert Ryan James that Kyle McKinley , a center from Stillwater,MN who I believe the Jacks were recruiting at one time, is reopening his recruitment. It said he was signed/committed to Albany. Not sure what that means - if he signed last fall , Albany would have to release him,correct ? And then would he have to sit a year if he never enrolled/attended class there ?

Comment

Working...
                                X