Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Tourney Press

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    Agreed. There is probably too much SDSU hype. Flying under the radar is definitely not an option. It is what it is. This press is good for the school and program no matter what the outcome on Thursday.

Jay Williams and Seth Greenberg just spent a full minute of Sportscenter talking up SDSU and naming them the most likely 13-seed to get a win. Called Wolters: "Jimmer Junior".
    If I were Wolters, I'd be miffed. Nate is a much more complete player than Jimmer was. Jimmer was all about range from the 3-point line. Wolters is about being a crafty point guard, in all phases.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      Agreed. There is probably too much SDSU hype. Flying under the radar is definitely not an option. It is what it is. This press is good for the school and program no matter what the outcome on Thursday. Jay Williams and Seth Greenberg just spent a full minute of Sportscenter talking up SDSU and naming them the most likely 13-seed to get a win. Called Wolters: "Jimmer Junior".
      I really really hate the Jimmer comparison. They are nothing alike except they are white and can score otherwise their games are nothing alike. It's like the old comparison of putting white rappers in one group and comparing them all to Eminem even if they are nothing alike.
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

And no, I don't think there's too much SDSU hype.

I'm reveling in it. Wallowing, even.

I remember 9-20. 6-24. 8-21.

I'm OK with being the trendy upset pick.

Bring it on.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
          I really really hate the Jimmer comparison. They are nothing alike except they are white and can score otherwise their games are nothing alike. It's like the old comparison of putting white rappers in one group and comparing them all to Eminem even if they are nothing alike.
          I concur.

Jimmer was a chucker and Nate is anything but. The best comparison to Jimmer in this tourney is Marshall Henderson from Ole Miss, and Henderson isn't nearly as good as Jimmer was.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Twitter:

Fake Argus Leader ‏@FakeArgusLeader After Massive Write-In Campaign, SDSU Elects Nate Wolters' Fake Twitter Account As Student Body President. [@FakeNateWolters]

In other news, there's a Fake Argus Leader twitter account. This could be good . . .
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The comparison to Jimmer is off base. If you look at their stats Nate is a better distributor and better rebounder along with being able to create shots off the dribble rather than hanging out at the three point line.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                The comparison to Jimmer is off base. If you look at their stats Nate is a better distributor and better rebounder along with being able to create shots off the dribble rather than hanging out at the three point line.
                I know, I like the steve nash comparision much better, a floor general who has the ball in his hands a lot. Jimmer was a volume 3 pt shooter, Nate might not have the Jimmer range on the 3 but can shoot the 3 and drive and dish much better. Maybe its because of the Jimmer Vs Nater comparison.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  I know, I like the steve nash comparision much better, a floor general who has the ball in his hands a lot. Jimmer was a volume 3 pt shooter, Nate might not have the Jimmer range on the 3 but can shoot the 3 and drive and dish much better. Maybe its because of the Jimmer Vs Nater comparison.
                  But . . . Naters DO gotta Nate.

Jimmers don't Jimmer. That makes no sense.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    And no, I don't think there's too much SDSU hype.

I'm reveling in it. Wallowing, even.

I remember 9-20. 6-24. 8-21.

I'm OK with being the trendy upset pick.

Bring it on.
                    Me too. Whether it "wakes up" Michigan or not - and I doubt they would be likely to overlook anyone after losing to Ohio last year.

If you are a a high school sophomore who is on the path to a DI basketball scholarship, seeing SDSU mentioned over and over all over ESPN and the internet is bound to elevate their status in your eyes. This will pay off down the road.

Keeping to the theme of the thread, here's a new video clip tonight's Fox News in Detroit: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/21...states-wolters

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                      I concur.

Jimmer was a chucker and Nate is anything but. The best comparison to Jimmer in this tourney is Marshall Henderson from Ole Miss, and Henderson isn't nearly as good as Jimmer was.
                      I LOVE Marshall Henderson. Loved him showing his jersey to Auburn fans at Auburn, the Gator Chomp in SEC Championship game, at Vandy looking into crowd and other crazy stuff he does. Love waiting to see what he will do next. Yes, Jimmer was a Volume 3pt shooter that chucked threes from 3-5ft behind 3pt line but he didn't do a whole lot. Also, I laughed when you compared Jimmer to Henderson just because Jimmer is Mormon and Marshalls rap sheet is anything but. Anyways, back to Nate, when people compare him to Jimmer I think it just proves they have never seen him play ever and it makes them lose a little bit to their argument

My favorite gif in a long time.
                      http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...ndersonauburn/
                      And another
                      http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2336091/marshark.gif
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I LOVE Marshall Henderson. Loved him showing his jersey to Auburn fans at Auburn, the Gator Chomp in SEC Championship game, at Vandy looking into crowd and other crazy stuff he does. Love waiting to see what he will do next. Yes, Jimmer was a Volume 3pt shooter that chucked threes from 3-5ft behind 3pt line but he didn't do a whole lot. Also, I laughed when you compared Jimmer to Henderson just because Jimmer is Mormon and Marshalls rap sheet is anything but.

My favorite gif in a long time.
                        http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18hs.../ku-xlarge.gif

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                          At some point this has got to tick Michigan off.
                          Yeah, but I doubt it will make them prepare better for the game. It's still gonna be a bunch of hicks (starting lineup from a hundred mile radius of Brookings), who don't look fast and don't look strong and played in a dismissable conference.

And, let's be honest: If your team was ranked number one, and proceeds to lose six of its next twelve, it is not a well-disciplined team. It just isn't. They may get irritated by all the talk, but not in any way that will be useful for them, IMO.

Comment

I LOVE Marshall Henderson. Loved him showing his jersey to Auburn fans at Auburn, the Gator Chomp in SEC Championship game, at Vandy looking into crowd and other crazy stuff he does. Love waiting to see what he will do next. Yes, Jimmer was a Volume 3pt shooter that chucked threes from 3-5ft behind 3pt line but he didn't do a whole lot. Also, I laughed when you compared Jimmer to Henderson just because Jimmer is Mormon and Marshalls rap sheet is anything but. Anyways, back to Nate, when people compare him to Jimmer I think it just proves they have never seen him play ever and it makes them lose a little bit to their argumentMy favorite gif in a long time. http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...ndersonauburn/ And another http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2336091/marshark.gif
                            Dude's a huge douche bag. At least on the court. On the Jimmer thing, he and Nate are not alike in the way they play. However, jimmer drove to the hoop a ton too. He shot a lot of free throws due to his ability to penetrate. He did shoot a lot of 3s, but he was more than that. His defense was suspect but BYU hid it well since they played zone. He has said as much after starting his NBA career and realizing he has to defend.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

NBCsports.com: http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...-early-upsets/

" This may actually be the single-best opening round matchup int he entire tournament. Similar styles. Nate Wolters vs. Trey Burke. Thank you, Selection Committee."

Roundball.com predicts a Jackrabbit win: http://roundballdaily.com/2013/03/18/ncaa-tournament-predictions-4-michigan-vs-13-south-dakota-state/

Mikelucassports.com: http://mikelucassports.wordpress.com...-round-upsets/

"Michigan is definitely more talented, but when you have a player like Nate Wolters who can take over the game and win it single handedly, you have to give them a fighter’s chance. Plus, Michigan always finds ways to lose games that they’re not supposed."

Comment

Todays Detroit Free Press

http://www.freep.com/article/2013031...e-auburn-hills

plenty of links to other stories. good one on the Jacks and Nagy, video of Kampe talking about the Jack.

Fox Detroit just had Dick Vitale on. plenty of praise for Nate and a warning to Michigan not to overlook the Jacks.
                                Last edited by SturgisJeff; 03-19-2013, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X