NCAA Tourney Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Tourney Press

Nate is on the front page of the CBS Sports website right now. Don't know how long it will stay up. I took a screenshot.

Here is the link. http://www.cbssports.com/ They also list the State-Michigan matchup as one of the round of 64 "must see" games.

Comment

From Detroit Free Press: http://www.freep.com/article/2013031...igh-on-Big-Ten

"The Jackrabbit logo is quite intense-looking, no ordinary rabbit. But the mascot has a definite Easter Bunny feel to it. Fun fact: When you combine them in the wild, wolverines eat rabbits."

An article appearing in several national papers: http://www.syracuse.com/marchmadness...potential.html

"Now that they’re in the field of 68, the Jackrabbits should be seen as dangerous to anyone in their path.
      Senior guard Nate Wolters is one of the most gifted scorers in the country, and averaged 22.7 points per game this season. Wolters is capable of taking over any game, and he proved it on Feb. 7 against IPFW when he scored 53 points and shot 9-for-14 from behind the arc. Wolters is not the only dangerous Jackrabbit, however. As a team, they are shooting 47 percent from the field (28th in the nation).
      The Jackrabbits could be catching the No. 4 seed Michigan Wolverines at just the right time. Michigan has gone 6-6 in their final 12 games after looking like a candidate for a No. 1 seed just weeks ago."

Comment

It depends on how tough and efficient the Jacks can be on defense on Thursday night. The Jacks will not be able to stifle Michigan like we were able to against some Summit League schools when playing well, but they have to play sound defense with energy and we have to find a way to rebound.

Then it will matter how efficient and active our offense could be. What worries me in a game like this, is not Wolters or the various shooters per se. For me it comes down to this - in most of our games Dykstra provides an offensive mismatch with his versatility on the perimeter and then being able to score in the post and off the offensive glass. I think when teams are able to match up against him well, it changes the game plan for SDSU tremendously. Obviously, we will need everyone to be at thier best to defeat Michigan, but as JackMD said, that is always going to be the case as a 13+ seeded team.
        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

http://www.freep.com/article/2013031...h-dakota-state

Nice article

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fan...h-dakota-state

Another

Comment

One surprise to me is the name prior to the Jackrabbits, namely the Barnyard Cadets. I thought I was up on SDSU history, but we learn something new every day. Good articles both.

Comment

The 68 tournament teams ranked according to their coolest alumni. #52 is not the coolest but at least we are cooler than that other SDSU!

http://extramustard.si.com/2013/03/1...famous-alumni/
              Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...37--ncaab.html
                Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Fran Fraschilla on Mad Dog Radio (Sirius XM) a few minutes ago:

"If I wake up Friday morning and you tell me that Michigan is out because the Jackrabbits beat them, I would not be surprised at all".

"If you are looking for a team that shocks us like Lehigh did last year [look at SD State]."

"Discount thier loss to Minnesota becasue they played without Wolters that night".

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post
                    The 68 tournament teams ranked according to their coolest alumni. #52 is not the coolest but at least we are cooler than that other SDSU!

http://extramustard.si.com/2013/03/1...famous-alumni/
                    Where the heck did they come up with the thought that he "won a couple of Division II titles?"

Comment

Both Wilbon and Kornheiser mentioned the Jacks as a possible sleeper on Pardon the Interruption on ESPN.

Comment

just got back to work, was watching PTI over my lunch break at home and right before i turned the TV off, they were talking about sleeper picks. 5 seeds or lower, didnt mention sdsu, then started talking about stars of the tourney and the lack of stars this year, but how much better it could be because of the paraity, then after the fact, Tony Kornhiser, said to back track for a second and said he forgot to mention south dakota state as a sleeping and Mike Wilbon was in agreement. Wish they talked a little bit more about it but that was pretty cool.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          Both Wilbon and Kornheiser mentioned the Jacks as a possible sleeper on Pardon the Interruption on ESPN.
                          Jacks have become the upset du juor choice. At some point this has got to tick Michigan off.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                            Jacks have become the upset du juor choice. At some point this has got to tick Michigan off.
                            "Perhaps they will become so cross, they'll make a mistake!"
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              "Perhaps they will become so cross, they'll make a mistake!"
                              Lets face it, the pressure is on michigan. They were #1 seed earlier in the year, they were the 5th seed in their own confrence, they have been struggling as of late and are trying to turn that program around and make a deep run after an early exit last year. We were playing a older Baylor team in our first year and missed some wide open 3s, I think if White and Carlson nail some 3s and get them consistantly, mich is going to have an arena that unless your a mich fan, everyone else will be cheering for the underdog. The more i think about it the more i like our situation, and so do a lot of media outlets too.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                                Agreed. There is probably too much SDSU hype. Flying under the radar is definitely not an option. It is what it is. This press is good for the school and program no matter what the outcome on Thursday.

Jay Williams and Seth Greenberg just spent a full minute of Sportscenter talking up SDSU and naming them the most likely 13-seed to get a win. Called Wolters: "Jimmer Junior".

Comment

Working...
                                X