X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Recruits

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    **** him then.
    You may be apologizing for this quote 2 years from now when I become disgruntled with your contributions to the board
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

[QUOTE=Kemo;234992]Wasn't able to find any video of Mr. Daum playing on the internet, but when I heard we had an offer out to him I read the article Southeast linked plus a couple others and thought it would be tough for us to land this kid. He had an offer from the University of Wyoming, to which both of his parents are former Wyoming athletes, Laramie is a lot close to his home town of Kimball, NE than Brookings, and Mountain West > Summit, so for the coaching staff to get Mike on board is a testament to how far this program has come.

In terms of Mike as a player; he's 6'9" and can shoot the ball, so there is plenty to like there. If he has the work ethic and the toughness of someone who grew up on a farm in western Nebraska, I think he can be a very good player for us.[/QUOTE

One thing to consider on distance point is that Kimball is closer to a lot of Summit opponents than most of the Mountain West foes of Wyoming... - Omaha, USD, even the North Dakota schools are closer than most of the Cowboys' opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        Just to add, he has an offer from SDSU.
        M

Brady Ellingson is down to Iowa and SDSU (San Diego State University).

kid.
        The San Diego school he is interested in is the USD version (University of San Diego) not the SDSU version ( San Diego State).

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          C.J. Carr who had an offer and might have been on campus this weekend for an official (not sure), committed to SIU-Edwardsville today according to Roy Schimit @prepbullseye on twitter as well as others
          To be frank, I wasn't sold on a 5'6" D-I guard - but was going to trust the coaching staff so I am ok with this

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
            The San Diego school he is interested in is the USD version (University of San Diego) not the SDSU version ( San Diego State).
            So to make sure I'm getting what you're saying, he's down to USD and Iowa? Not SDSU? I very well could be wrong.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

So when SDSU travels out to California and beats USD on their home turf a la New Mexico and Washington the kid will realize that if he chooses Iowa or USD he will be choosing second best
              Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                So to make sure I'm getting what you're saying, he's down to USD and Iowa? Not SDSU? I very well could be wrong.
                According to VerbalCommits.com he is still interested in the University of San Diego, Iowa and Oakland.

See the link below.

http://verbalcommits.com/players/brady-ellingson

Comment

According to VerbalCommits.com he is still interested in the University of San Diego, Iowa and Oakland.

See the link below.

http://verbalcommits.com/players/brady-ellingson
                  Thank you.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                    To be frank, I wasn't sold on a 5'6" D-I guard - but was going to trust the coaching staff so I am ok with this
                    I was not going to trust the coaching staff. I'm glad we didn't land him. Hate that size.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      I was not going to trust the coaching staff. I'm glad we didn't land him. Hate that size.
                      I agree with RO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Seems like a 5'6" guard goes completely against the entire road that Nagy was going down, with the big, long, tall shooting guards (Wolters, Carlson, et al). I would presume that Carr must have had mad skillz (or whatever the youths of today say nowadays) that overcame the Big Guard Movement enough to invite an official visit.

But, machts nichts, he's not coming to Brookville.

Onward!
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Brady Ellingson to Iowa as expected.

Comment

Saw on Twitter that Wisconsin G Brock Stull will announce at a presser on Monday whether he will attend Albany,UW Milwaukee or SDSU. Does this mean the Jacks are hitting the big time? I don't recall any previous possible Jacks recruit announcing this way.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              Saw on Twitter that Wisconsin G Brock Stull will announce at a presser on Monday whether he will attend Albany,UW Milwaukee or SDSU. Does this mean the Jacks are hitting the big time? I don't recall any previous possible Jacks recruit announcing this way.
                              Ohhhh..."The Decision".

Makes me think he's going UW Milwaukee...why would he hold a presser to say he's going out of state?
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                Or it could be a sign that the kid is a little full of himself? You see this happen with big name schools like Kansas, UNC, Duke, ect and with 4 or 5 star recruits. Not with schools like Albany and UW Milwaukee and 2 star recruits. But anyways its pretty neat that SDSU is involved. Hope he picks the Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                                X