2014 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Recruits

press conference confirmed Stull to UWM.

Comment

Anybody heard if Bridgeport Tusler has any interest or Coach Nagy has any interest in joining the basketball team after the football season?

Comment

Based on the offers it looks like the last spot is down to Alex Herink, Wheeler Baker, Deondre Parks, or another player we don't know about. Gotta think the staff will be picky considering there's only one left.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Surprised some of the tweets that recruits put out there. Do they coaches are not looking at how they communicate and may cause them to reconsider an offer? Common sense isn't that common!

Comment

First post but I have some information for the board that hopefully you all find useful. Baker probably going to look elsewhere. I'm guessing Albany or he'll wait til spring and see what's the best big offer out there. Tusler has inquired about a walk on. Tough kid etc and would be great as a walk on. Theisen is not the coaches kid though everyone thinks he is. Will be entering his 5th year of varsity bb at Osseo who figures to be ranked #2 in the state behind Apple Valley this year. He can shoot, rebound and pass with the best bigs around. Plays with a real chip on his shoulder.

Comment

TV has a little info on Theisen in today's blog.

The 6-foot-9, 235-pound senior power forward from Osseo, Minn., got on board Saturday, less than 24 hours after watching the Jackrabbits practice.
              "I felt good about South Dakota State before I took my official, but once I saw practice and how Coach (Scott) Nagy runs it - he’s definitely my type of coach, really defensive oriented. I could see myself playing for that type of coach. And just the fact that they’re so supported at home."

More at the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                TV has a little info on Theisen in today's blog.

The 6-foot-9, 235-pound senior power forward from Osseo, Minn., got on board Saturday, less than 24 hours after watching the Jackrabbits practice.
                "I felt good about South Dakota State before I took my official, but once I saw practice and how Coach (Scott) Nagy runs it - he’s definitely my type of coach, really defensive oriented. I could see myself playing for that type of coach. And just the fact that they’re so supported at home."

More at the link.
                The staff and Ian were breakfasting at Perkins on Saturday. This boy is a big one, and badly needed at SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ptJackrabbit View Post
                  First post but I have some information for the board that hopefully you all find useful. Baker probably going to look elsewhere. I'm guessing Albany or he'll wait til spring and see what's the best big offer out there. Tusler has inquired about a walk on. Tough kid etc and would be great as a walk on. Theisen is not the coaches kid though everyone thinks he is. Will be entering his 5th year of varsity bb at Osseo who figures to be ranked #2 in the state behind Apple Valley this year. He can shoot, rebound and pass with the best bigs around. Plays with a real chip on his shoulder.
                  Good stuff, 3ptJack. Thanks for posting.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

As far as Dembley goes, I'm guessing he'll land at UND. Doesn't seem like SDSU has a lot of interest having been to Osseo open gym a few times without displaying much interest in Dembley. Jordan is a pass first kid who has great vision and IQ. He could always play for any team I'd watch. Completely unselfish.

Comment

Theisen is not the coaches kid though everyone thinks he is.
                      My bad. Same last name and I thought I heard that somewhere, so maybe I wasn't the only one confused.

Thanks for the info, though. It is much appreciated.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

I just hope we fill this class out with a PG, it will then be our second straight awesome class on paper and in terms of filling needs.

Comment

With Reed, Mike and Ian, any way to compare them to current or former jacks in their style of play possible uses? i havent really paid much attention to know their strentghs and weaknesses and what their games look like. any insight if anyone can compare them is appreciated.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            With Reed, Mike and Ian, any way to compare them to current or former jacks in their style of play possible uses? i havent really paid much attention to know their strentghs and weaknesses and what their games look like. any insight if anyone can compare them is appreciated.
                            Ian compares very well to Dykstra. That's all I've got.

Comment

Ian compares very well to Dykstra. That's all I've got.
                              So a big who can shoot, rebound and play some in the post and defend while staying out of foul trouble, sounds good to me. thanks.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

As far as Dembley goes, I'm guessing he'll land at UND. Doesn't seem like SDSU has a lot of interest having been to Osseo open gym a few times without displaying much interest in Dembley. Jordan is a pass first kid who has great vision and IQ. He could always play for any team I'd watch. Completely unselfish.
                                Although Osseo has talent up the ying-yang, I think we got the one we needed the most.
                                Last edited by Nidaros; 10-03-2013, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X