Gdt: Murray state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gdt: Murray state

SDSU is 21-8 on the season. We're 13-0 at home; 6-8 on the road, 2-0 on neutral courts. There's some evidence that when the team hasn't shown up and sustains a loss, we've come back and earned an impressive win (e.g. last year after a stinker at UND, we won at Washington by 19; this season, stinker at Belmont followed by five-point win at New Mexico). We played poorly at CSU-Bakersfield Wednesday -- will the bounce-back effect be in play today?

The Murray State Racers are 19-7 for the season, 10-4 in the Ohio Valley Conference. They are 9-2 at home, 8-4 away, 2-1 on neutral courts. Senior guard Isiah Caanan, wearing #3, is one of the country's best guards. He's 6-1, weighs 195. Senior, 6-7 forward, Ed Daniel, #2, has played well this year. The Racers will not be taller than the Jackrabbits. Their tallest player is Brandon Garrett, 6-9 senior, #13.

With the game on ESPN2, I suspect the message board will be relatively quiet.

Go Jacks!

Re: Gdt: Murray state

With Syracuse about to lose at home, the Jacks will have the longest home winning streak in the nation.

Comment

I think this is a really good match up for both schools. Same size kind of team led by a star PG. Happy as heck its on prime time hope we don't suck it up. Just wish it was at home. Hope the team is prepared for a crowd that is pumped. I don't think buffalo was prepared for us last year and it showed.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        With Syracuse about to lose at home, the Jacks will have the longest home winning streak in the nation.
        That's a good problem to have and puts a lot of pressure on next years team. We will still have a target on our back for that record. Teams will be gunning to break that record.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Time to head to the man cave. Go Jackrabbits!

Comment

Looks like the Marquette v Villanova game will run past 7:00. The game ahead of Marquette v Villanova ran over so the Marquette v Villanova game was available on ESPN3 (on line) and when ESPN2 cleared, Marquette v. Villanova went on ESPN2.

It's now 6:53 and I have ESPN2 on .... announcer just said the SDSU at Murray State game was coming up "in about 16 minutes" and then he talked about Nate. Does that mean they'll delay the start of our game? At 7:00 I'm going to be watching ESPN3 on the computer and will keep ESPN2 on the TV.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Looks like the Marquette v Villanova game will run past 7:00. The game ahead of Marquette v Villanova ran over so the Marquette v Villanova game was available on ESPN3 (on line) and when ESPN2 cleared, Marquette v. Villanova went on ESPN2.

It's now 6:53 and I have ESPN2 on .... announcer just said the SDSU at Murray State game was coming up "in about 16 minutes" and then he talked about Nate. Does that mean they'll delay the start of our game? At 7:00 I'm going to be watching ESPN3 on the computer and will keep ESPN2 on the TV.
              They said about half an hour ago that the SDSU game was moved back to a 7:10 start time.

Comment

YanktonJack7 is right: I see the crawl at the bottom of the screen on ESPN2 says the start time of our game is 7:10.

Comment

The crawl now says "Also available on WatchESPN" -- so, go online so you don't miss anything.

Just checked (7:06 p.m.) and the game isn't listed yet on WatchESPN.

Have Tyler on the radio.

Comment

How about a collective GO BIG GO BLUE GO JACKS at the start of the game?

Text all your friends and let give them a phychic push

Comment

Gonna be close: announcing the lineups on the radio...Villanova game down to final 11.6 with Villanova up by 6 and Marquette's ball.

Comment

Tyler says they're (officials) trying to hold off the tipoff so the Villanova game can finish.

8.8 seconds on Villanova game and Villanova shooting free throws....60-54 Villanova after 2 free throws

OUR GAME HAS TIPPED OFF.

Comment

Murray opens with a three.
                          Turnover SDSU

Comment

Okay, on TV now.

Comment

Dykstra for 3!

Comment