Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT Western Illinois

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Parks is a beast. 2nd best player in the SL.
    He along with bader and braun are all in second place behind wolters.

They all make first team imo with gaines. To bad braun has been hurt.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Had it taped, and just finished it. Heemstra was huge in the second half from scoring to rebounding he really was one of the reasons the Jacks kept it together in the second half and was able to pull away late. Too bad Fiegen got into foul trouble tonight. Nate did his thing, but had some huge baskets. I always like to see emotion from Nate and it seems like he is single-handily not going to let the Jacks not make the tournament. Broke single season scoring record tonight. Man, he's been breaking a ton of records lately. Dykstra finally seemed to get his offensive groove back and hit some timely threes. Overall, it wasn't a bad game from the Jacks and they need to finish business against Omaha, Murray State and than win the whole Summit Tournament.
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Senior Night ceremonies as tweeted by TV.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHoTH...layer_embedded

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
          Could the rims be any friendlier to WIU tonight?
          They easily could have had 8 or 10 fewer points. They had a number of shots (at least two 3's) bounce around the rim for what seemed like forever before they dropped through.

Comment

The atomsphere was awesome, I have been to some of the biggest games ever Cal State Hayward, Metro State, Augie,USD crowds of 9000 and this crowd was just as noisy. Nate was really fired up, and it was great honoring Tony and Nate after the game. This helps make one forget the transition years and treasure the good years.

Comment

Let us pray to the basketball gods that this really was Nate and Tony's last game at Frost.

Man this SL tourney is gonna be stressful!

Comment

What a fun fun game. Un-real. Wish Tony coulda got a bucket at least, but Parks man.....what a beast.

Did anyone watch Coach Mo's postgame? I think he's getting a little pissed about being the opposing team for our senior night.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by poppa1 View Post
                  The atomsphere was awesome, I have been to some of the biggest games ever Cal State Hayward, Metro State, Augie,USD crowds of 9000 and this crowd was just as noisy. Nate was really fired up, and it was great honoring Tony and Nate after the game. This helps make one forget the transition years and treasure the good years.
                  Yes. What a way to end the Frost portion of the season, a 30th win and a raucous sold-out crowd. These are the"good old days" for SDSU basketball.

Comment

I would throw in some of the womens games into the mix of the best crowds ever. The wnit games in frost were off the hook crazy good crowds. Don't remember the attendance in those games but loud and intense crowds.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      I would throw in some of the womens games into the mix of the best crowds ever. The wnit games in frost were off the hook crazy good crowds. Don't remember the attendance in those games but loud and intense crowds.
                      The Indiana game was astonishingly, ear-ringingly loud. There were 6053 at that game. It's nice to see those crowds in the regular season.

Comment

The crowd virtually forced Coach Molinari to use nearly all of his timeouts just to try and settle the crowd and his team down. I have the utmost respect for Molinari after watching him be the interim coach for the Gophers for nearly a full season after Monson was fired. You have to believe there will be bigger opportunities for him after the run they made the last two seasons.

Comment

Great coverage in the Argus today, including a long feature on Wolters. As others have done, I wanted to make sure I mentioned the performance of Heemstra. Watching him handle Parks definitely makes me feel better about both the upcoming Tourney and next season. Dykstra had a big offensive first half and was a steady rebounder. Then there was the team defense, which has looked great the last two games.

Lastly, the students. Awesome. Is anyone complaining about having them behind the baskets now?

TV mentioned that Broman was at yesterday's game. Hopefully witnessing that atmosphere will keep him inspired to keep up his work over the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            The crowd virtually forced Coach Molinari to use nearly all of his timeouts just to try and settle the crowd and his team down. I have the utmost respect for Molinari after watching him be the interim coach for the Gophers for nearly a full season after Monson was fired. You have to believe there will be bigger opportunities for him after the run they made the last two seasons.
                            I'm not sure what Molinari makes but I heard its quite a bit, and on par with many high-mid-major (MVC-A10, etc.) schools. So that might mean that though schools may want him, the pay might not be there for him to leave. At the same time he might look at what he is losing and say, maybe I should go.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                              I'm not sure what Molinari makes but I heard its quite a bit, and on par with many high-mid-major (MVC-A10, etc.) schools. So that might mean that though schools may want him, the pay might not be there for him to leave. At the same time he might look at what he is losing and say, maybe I should go.
                              Eight year worth 1.1 million

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                                Eight year worth 1.1 million
                                That's actually less than what Nagy makes per year.

So if any decent school came calling, he'd be gone.
                                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X