• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Western Illinois at Frost Arena

Sucks I won't be there

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
      I see it differently. I think they trust Parks in the middle against our bigs and also with helping on Nates drives. I think they are in our face the whole night to see how we respond. Their defense is awesome, they make life tough on most everyone. Last year in the conference championship we were at 37 points with 5 minutes left in the game. Just like NDSU last night, once they get in your head, they can make things difficult.

One of our keys to the game is to hit a couple of shots early and take them out of their game plan. They don't want to get into an up tempo game but won't have much of a choice if they get behind early. It's hard to play with discipline when you feel panic. Given our offensive abilities we would play from behind better than they would. The second key to the game is Jordan Dykstra.....in the conference championship he had 6 points, 4 rebounds and 6 turnovers. That isn't going to cut it. If he plays like he did the last games(14 points 15 rebounds) we are in great shape, if he plays like the 2 before that (7 points, 15 rebounds total) we are in trouble.
      Jordan threw the ball away every time he didn't shoot it in that title game and he didnt take one 3-point shot, he looked overwhelmed, confused. That was 2 weeks after he had gone 5-5 on 3s and let Jacks with 24 pts in a 20 pt whooping of WIU. Nate was 5-22 in title game. Thanks to Chad white and Grif hitting timely wide open 3s Jacks won.

WIU will protect the lane, opportunities inside and on the drive will be limited. They rebound well and will allow lower percentage shots over driving attempts or post looks. Jacks need to take the open looks and knock down shots. Over pass or over penetrate and we play into their hands.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

http://www.goleathernecks.com/ViewAr...B_OEM_ID=12000

Comment

http://www.westerncourier.com/sports...9bb30f31a.html

Comment

http://www.westerncourier.com/sports...9bb30f31a.html
            Macomb is getting coverage on the Summit.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Can't be there. Will be yelling at my TV all afternoon. I think we have good momentum. We're hard to beat at Frost. Big Red and Dykstra can't go MIA today. We need him. Nate will do his thing. Let's make a few outside shots, grab the boards and control the tempo. Run, Rabbits, Run!
              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

I can smell and taste for the first time in 3 days.

It's going to be a good day, I can tell!
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Does anyone know when the doors open today?

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack View Post
                    I'm guessing 1 hr before gametime...
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

It is standard procedure to open 1 hour before game.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I know they open 1 hour prior to game but thought it would be earlier with it being the Pork classic.

Comment

I know they open 1 hour prior to game but thought it would be earlier with it being the Pork classic.
                          I just talked to guy who is serving the pork and they will be serving at 2.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            I just talked to guy who is serving the pork and they will be serving at 2.

Thanks for the information.

Comment

Just leaving for the game. Predicting Jacks win 63-53 in front of a crowd just over 6000.

Comment

I'm hungry for some pork, with a bit of leatherneck for dessert!
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X