Western Illinois at Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Illinois at Frost Arena

Biggest game of the season. This is the conference.

Re: Western Illinois at Frost Arena

It is going to be EPIC! Go Jacks!

Comment

I hope WIU gets out of Fargo before Bisonville implodes! Game of the year Saturday night Jacks fans - hope we can make it crazy!!!!

Comment

Senior Night! A win would pretty much seal up the #1 seed. Look for Tony and Nate to have big a game.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
          Senior Night! A win would pretty much seal up the #1 seed. Look for Tony and Nate to have big a game.
          Love your moniker, SanDakotaState. I too, am hoping for big games from Tony and Nate.

Comment

First one to 60 wins. Expect more slow, grind-it-out offense and great defense from WIU. I hate watching them.

FYI: The Bison shot 3 for 22 in the second half vs WIU last night, 13.6%. Ouch.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Biggest game of the year. Then the omaha game is the biggest of the year. Let's not overlook omaha who has played well in confrence. A win saturday doesn't mean much if we lose to omaha.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Biggest game of the year. Then the omaha game is the biggest of the year. Let's not overlook omaha who has played well in confrence. A win saturday doesn't mean much if we lose to omaha.
                Well said. A lot of people, media included, seem to think that winning Sat seals up the conference title.
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  A win saturday doesn't mean much if we lose to omaha.
                  Yes and no. A win against WIU guarantees us a top-2 seed, no matter what we do at UNO. I would say that is pretty big, considering our depth issues. Sweeping WIU gives us tie-breakers over all the other teams in the top-4. That being said, none of us want to see a loss to UNO and it is a bit of a concern.

I'm headed to Frost on Saturday with 3 family members. Hopefully we'll be part of a loud crowd of 5,500+. This is the last home game for a player unlike we've ever seen before and probably won't see again. GET THERE!

Comment

I just want a lead at some point at the end so Nagy can call back to back timeouts and take out Tony and Nate to two massive standing ovations.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                      Well said. A lot of people, media included, seem to think that winning Sat seals up the conference title.
                      WIU has two losses and we have three. A win Saturday might guarentee a tie for the conference title and one more plaque for the trophy case, but a loss at Omaha would be costly in winning or even tying for the conference, plus the big seed for the SL tourney. We need some help from others to take a clear and alone title for SL. Help from USD or KC would come in the shape of a win in Macomb. Its doable, but not real easy.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        I just want a lead at some point at the end so Nagy can call back to back timeouts and take out Tony and Nate to two massive standing ovations.
                        That is a great scenario that could be preluded by large and long ovation prior to the game when seniors are announced. The sellout would be in order for this team and the season they have had! The Jacks were 14-16 the first year Nate and Tony were here. These two have made huge contributions to the success of basketball in D1 at SDSU.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          WIU has two losses and we have three. A win Saturday might guarentee a tie for the conference title and one more plaque for the trophy case, but a loss at Omaha would be costly in winning or even tying for the conference, plus the big seed for the SL tourney. We need some help from others to take a clear and alone title for SL. Help from USD or KC would come in the shape of a win in Macomb. Its doable, but not real easy.
                          I am assuming that if we tie, the championship and top seed is decided by head-to-head record. Since we will have beaten them twice, we get an outright Summit title, right? I honestly don't know how or whether tie-breakers come into play for the title itself. I know we'll be the #1 seed.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Nate will be Nate. Its going to come down to Jordan, Chad, and Braden making their shots. Last night when they were relaxed and knew the Jacks were in control it was easy. Much more difficult to make shots when you know your possessions are limited by a WIU team that crushes the boards, plays lock down D, and is the most disciplined offensive scheme team that SDSU will play this year. If the Jacks don't make the open 3's its going to be brutal.

Seem clear to me that Jordan needs to get started offensively early in the game. If he isn't making shots he seems to regress in all other facets of his game. He has been a beast on the boards and when he is feeling his the offensive flow he is even better. His intensity and therefore defensive pressure is also much better when he hits some jumpers and gets to the hoop with the ball.

We will be there and expect a full house. It just doesn't get any better than this when it comes to BB in South Dakota.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              I am assuming that if we tie, the championship and top seed is decided by head-to-head record. Since we will have beaten them twice, we get an outright Summit title, right? I honestly don't know how or whether tie-breakers come into play for the title itself. I know we'll be the #1 seed.
                              I think the NCC use to just split the title if records were tied. I think the Summit does the same thing "Co-Conference Champions". WIU still has some tough games ahead after tomorrow and UNO will not lie down in their building. Tomorrow is "the game of the year" however.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X