Western Illinois at Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Western Illinois at Frost Arena

Interesting - the big presentation for the Sr. class members will be after the game according to TV's blog

http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/pos...2502/its-so-on

Comment

What's not to like about tomorrow's game?

Decent weather (yeah, maybe some flurries--who cares?)
      Potential conference regular-season championship (and, oh by the way, automatic NIT bid at least) as well as tournament seeding is on the line
      Respect-worthy opponent (if I didn't cover that sufficiently with the previous point)
      Pork Classic--yum! Pork!
      Senior night for Wolters and for Fiegen
      Going for 30 in a row at home

Anything under 6,000 in attendance will be seriously disappointing.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

- The last time Western Illinois gave up fewer than 36 points (@ NDSU last night) in a true road game? Feb. 12, 1943. A 26-24 with at Carthage.

- The 45 points allowed by the SDSU men last night are the fewest in a home game since giving up 32 points to Dakota State on Nov. 22nd, 1997.

https://twitter.com/TSLSportsLounge
        Sports Lounge TV Show: http://www.youtube.com/user/tlk23?feature=mhee
        Sports Block Radio Show: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A"Sports+Block"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          What's not to like about tomorrow's game?

Decent weather (yeah, maybe some flurries--who cares?)
          Potential conference regular-season championship (and, oh by the way, automatic NIT bid at least) as well as tournament seeding is on the line
          Respect-worthy opponent (if I didn't cover that sufficiently with the previous point)
          Pork Classic--yum! Pork!
          Senior night for Wolters and for Fiegen
          Going for 30 in a row at home

Anything under 6,000 in attendance will be seriously disappointing.
          What's not to like about tomorrow? The 4:00 gametime. I will be stuck at a youth basketball tournament until 6:00 pm. That's what not to like about tomorrow.

BTW - Make some shots early. Put Western behind the eight ball and make them play your (Rabbits) game. Hopefully the score isn't 15-12 at the 8 minute timeout of the first half.

GO RABBITS!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
            What's not to like about tomorrow? The 4:00 gametime. I will be stuck at a youth basketball tournament until 6:00 pm. That's what not to like about tomorrow. GO RABBITS!
            Turn that frown upside down, sailor! And anyway, who volunteered (or got drafted) to be at the youth tournament, anyway. You're seeing problems when you should be seeing opportunities. Think of it as a very, very early recruiting session for future Jackrabbits.

Re: the game--get a DVR and record it!

(It occurs belatedly to me that I may be just a bit manic right now. Too much coffee, probably.)
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
              BTW - Make some shots early. Put Western behind the eight ball and make them play your (Rabbits) game. Hopefully the score isn't 15-12 at the 8 minute timeout of the first half.

GO RABBITS!
              This. There will be plenty of good looks from the 3-point line. WIU is going to pack it in and make us shoot the 3. They will rebound with a vengeance and aren't afraid to push the pace but will only do so at very opportune times. You can be darn sure Molinari doesn't want Nate to dictate the flow of this game. I expect that WIU will force the ball out of Nate's hands, defend the pain and make the Jacks beat them from the perimeter. No way the employ the IPFW strategy. If its low scoring it will by definition be a close game.

WIU is very definitely challenged offensively, Jacks need to take advantage of that and try to run them out of the gym. I say take some gambles on defense and try to make the game up tempo. WIU controlled the pace in last years Summit title game and probably should have won that one. At WIU this year the Jacks were just plain solid all around. Shot well, rebounded well, handled it well. Ceola Clark played terrible, probably worst game of his career but Houpt went nuts and may have had his best game.

Should be fun, I will be there. Bringing a friend and USD grad (although not a coyote fan) to his first game at Frost. He is pumped for the experience.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Prediction - Sellout. Senior "day" and 1st place on the line.

I'm taking all 4 of the family and plan on getting a picture with the Rabbit for next year's Christmas Card.

a picture with Nate might be better.........
                Last edited by TK22867; 02-15-2013, 01:16 PM.

Comment

I just printed off tickets for tomorrow. Ready to go and pretty pumped for this game. Senior night for Nate and Tony adds a lot to it. I was barely a "casual" fan when Fiegen and Wolters first stepped on the court at SDSU. I still remember sitting in the top row at Frost watching Fiegen as skinny freshman shooting high-pressure FT's late in that double overtime game with NDSU. We lost that game but I was hooked from then on.

I hope the administrators pass out balloons to the students like they did for USD. That seemed to really get the students into the game and add to the atmosphere. It also seemed to have an effect on the FT shooting.

WIU's dominant center (Parks) has made just 46% of his FT's this year. If it is a tight game it might not be a bad idea to go with "hack-a-Parks" and force him to shoot from the line - especially if the students are doing their job behind the basket.

Comment

Just printed my ticket as well.

I'll be there, sinus infection be danged.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Students have been practicing their freethrow behavior. It should be primed for the Leathernecks. Even last night there was some chanting(cheering) coordinated between both ends of students. It should not a problem for the students to be ready tomorrow. Also if you were able to watch Oakland play WIU, Kampe had Parks to the free throw line late in the game.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The brawl for it all!!!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

In case you forgot how the game between these two went in Macomb, here's a recap from the media guide.

The rematch of last season’s Summit League Tournament Championship featured 13 lead changes and eight tie scores, with neither team leading by more than six at any point in the game. Wolters, who came in 12 points shy of 2,000 for his career, led all players in the game with 22 points, and hit the milestone from the free throw line with 2:04 left in the first half. Dykstra overcame a slow start to score 12 points in the win, 10 of them in the second half, adding six rebounds.

13 lead changes.... expect a battle tomorrow.

Comment

I think we get em by 10-15. Way too much momentum in Frost for western to keep it close let alone win it. They (western) will have to make alot of really good plays and hit a lot of big shots to have a chance. 29 in a row for God sakes, and the teams that have made close games were the ones that converted a lot of tough plays. If the Jacks r on there's really no stopping us Saturday.

Comment

Predition #2 - Blowout. I've gotta feelin'.........it's going to be like the Oral Roberts game last year. Blow em' out early and don't look back.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                This. There will be plenty of good looks from the 3-point line. WIU is going to pack it in and make us shoot the 3. They will rebound with a vengeance and aren't afraid to push the pace but will only do so at very opportune times. You can be darn sure Molinari doesn't want Nate to dictate the flow of this game. I expect that WIU will force the ball out of Nate's hands, defend the pain and make the Jacks beat them from the perimeter. No way the employ the IPFW strategy. If its low scoring it will by definition be a close game.

WIU is very definitely challenged offensively, Jacks need to take advantage of that and try to run them out of the gym. I say take some gambles on defense and try to make the game up tempo. WIU controlled the pace in last years Summit title game and probably should have won that one. At WIU this year the Jacks were just plain solid all around. Shot well, rebounded well, handled it well. Ceola Clark played terrible, probably worst game of his career but Houpt went nuts and may have had his best game.

Should be fun, I will be there. Bringing a friend and USD grad (although not a coyote fan) to his first game at Frost. He is pumped for the experience.
                                I see it differently. I think they trust Parks in the middle against our bigs and also with helping on Nates drives. I think they are in our face the whole night to see how we respond. Their defense is awesome, they make life tough on most everyone. Last year in the conference championship we were at 37 points with 5 minutes left in the game. Just like NDSU last night, once they get in your head, they can make things difficult.

One of our keys to the game is to hit a couple of shots early and take them out of their game plan. They don't want to get into an up tempo game but won't have much of a choice if they get behind early. It's hard to play with discipline when you feel panic. Given our offensive abilities we would play from behind better than they would. The second key to the game is Jordan Dykstra.....in the conference championship he had 6 points, 4 rebounds and 6 turnovers. That isn't going to cut it. If he plays like he did the last games(14 points 15 rebounds) we are in great shape, if he plays like the 2 before that (7 points, 15 rebounds total) we are in trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X