USD coming to Frost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD coming to Frost

Prior game: January 5, 2013, at Vermillion, USD 74, SDSU 71. State was down 42 to 25 at the half. The greatest lead for USD was 20 points with 1:10 remaining in the half. SDSU had led by 4 with 16:32 on the clock in the first half. USD ended the game with overal 44.4% from the field while SDSU's final average was 36.9%. Double-figure scorers: For SDSU, Wolters had 26 points followed by White with 16 and Carlson with 11. For USD, Myles had 22, Bos 16, Kasperbauer 14 and Gruis 12.

Thursday's game features the #1 and #2 teams in points produced. USD leads the league with 73.2 pts per game (21 games/season) average while SDSU is second with 72.6 ppg (22 games/season).

SDSU is 16-6 overall and 7-2 in the Summit League. USD is 8-13 for the season and 4-5 in the Summit League.

USD is a team that will likely play a role in determining which team gets the first and which team gets the second seed for the conference tourney. Because we have two losses (as do NDSU and WIU), every game is critical.

Re: USD coming to Frost

As the season has progressed, it seems like the players are talking more about the need for defense and it also appears there is more intense defense on the floor. I would expect to see the game plan for this upcoming game to include a healthy dose of defense included. Hopefully, the coaching staff is doing their job in preparing for the yotes like any other team visiting Frost. At this point, I would view that the SDSU Jackrabbits have as much to say about who wins the regular season conference title. If the Jacks lose a game along the way, then we can start worrying about the #2 seed. Let's hope that the fans make the effort to come to the game and support the team for the home games that remain on the schedule. The atmosphere was really great for the bison game which is a home court which Jackrabbit fans should be proud. Go Jacks!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

A fun note (for SDSU fans):

While USD scores more points per game, SDSU is much more efficient, scoring 1.072 points per possession (30th nationally) to USD's 1.036 points per possession (72nd nationally).
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        A fun note (for SDSU fans):

While USD scores more points per game, SDSU is much more efficient, scoring 1.072 points per possession (30th nationally) to USD's 1.036 points per possession (72nd nationally).
        Semi-related, but the Summit boasts 5 of the worst defensive teams in the nation, based on points per possession. Oakland (320), UMKC (333), USD (340), IUPUI (344) and UNO (346). Out of 347 teams.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

The screwball doing the sports on KSFY tonight said the game was in Vermillion.

Comment

Typical screwup. I heard an advertisement for the Summit League tournement today on a SF radio station (Backyard Broadcasting). The announcer was hoping at least one of the SD teams would make the field.
            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
              Typical screwup. I heard an advertisement for the Summit League tournement today on a SF radio station (Backyard Broadcasting). The announcer was hoping at least one of the SD teams would make the field.
              Did he mean the NCAA field?
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Blowout of 30+ points please

Comment

I'm making the trip to Brookings for the double header this weekend - looking forward to the Freezeout Thursday night and a fun game on Saturday against the Roos. Forecast is for a top of -8 on Thursday - definitely a freeze out!
                  Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post
                    I'm making the trip to Brookings for the double header this weekend - looking forward to the Freezeout Thursday night and a fun game on Saturday against the Roos. Forecast is for a top of -8 on Thursday - definitely a freeze out!
                    -8 high means no way will I be there not going to risk my family to a possible car malfunction on the way home when it will be that cold out...

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                      -8 high means no way will I be there not going to risk my family to a possible car malfunction on the way home when it will be that cold out...
                      Harumph...some Jackrabbit fan you are!
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                        We could not even wish a yote out in that situation.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

It's Freeze Out Frost on Thursday night. Everyone who attends should wear a white shirt. They are giving away 1,000 white shirts to the first 1,000 fans. I think this would look pretty sweet if it's a sea of white.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                            It's Freeze Out Frost on Thursday night. Everyone who attends should wear a white shirt. They are giving away 1,000 white shirts to the first 1,000 fans. I think this would look pretty sweet if it's a sea of white.
                            Already got my white shirt set aside and one for my youngest son who will be coming with me. As to Leeshajo not wanting to drive home after - I completely understand - that's why I'm staying in town for the Saturday game! I think I'll pack a good book and bunker down for a while Might hit up the Dairy for an icecream if it warms up on Friday though! I believe there is wrestling and equestrian events on friday and saturday morning so might even support some other jacks while I'm visiting......
                            Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                              Harumph...some Jackrabbit fan you are!
                              Be nice now. This old guy would not survive the cold either and yourself? How would you so? And what if Onstar is not working? Then what?

Comment

Working...
                              X