Comment

• Re: USD

Dykstra hits a three.
      We foul Boz on the inbounds
      2.3 second left
      Boz is like an 89% free throw shooter.

Comment

Right now we will be lucky to go for 3rd 4th or 5th seed for the tourny. We can't play a complete 40 minute game this year. We did once at new mexico that's that's it.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Boz hit both.
          Inbounds goes out of bounds but was touched by USD so clock started.
          1.2 on the clock

Comment

Final: USD 74, SDSU 71

Comment

74-71 final. That's a walk-home type game.

Comment

Agreed. First bus them down to Omaha, then make them walk home. Coaches walk, too. Everybody but Nate.
                Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Storming the floor...again? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                    Storming the floor...again? Really?
                    I'd expect nothing less. Would be embarrassed if we did it.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

strange. guys have played together for at least four years three years, whatever. you would think there would be tons of improvement, consistency, team work. whatever. and with these guys there just isn't. they don't jell. now the womens team on the other hand. they are starting to jell at the right time. sad.

Comment

Only positive I can figure out is this so far this season has many similarities to last year and after the loss at USD, we seemed to figure out a few things and were tough the rest of the season. The USD game at Vermillion was in early February so we have more of the season remaining compared to last year.

USD shot very well in that first half...but how can we shoot so poorly in the first half? That had nothing to do with USD or the refs etc. Maybe the facility? Okay, but so what, we're going to be playing there every year. In the end, the stats are closer than I thought but we buried ourselves in the first half.

Earlier in another thread, someone noted New Mexico Coach Alford's comment about winning in the first five minutes. We're sure learning that lesson the hard way.

USD has some good young players...Kasperbauer is a great shooter. But still...what a disappointing result.

Comment

Bottom line: Good teams don't find ways to lose to USD. Bottom line.
                          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Unbelievable. I don't care if we "came back". Pathetic game. Pathetic. No reason, no excuse. Pathetic. I guess espn was right. NDSU is a better team.

I better be done.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

It's just a one-man Nate show. White hit a couple of shots, I guess, but nobody else bothered to show up. A very poor performance. Truly unacceptable. That's the only word that's accurate. Unacceptable. Feel bad for Nate that he has so little reliable help. Huge, huge congrats to him on the SDSU scoring record. Without him, we'd have lost by 45 today. Too bad it was all in vein. Dug way, way too big of a hole against a bad team. That's the bottom line. Did NDSU have this problem? No. Not at all. And we shouldn't either. I let my major rant go at halftime, so I'll sign off soon. Soft performance by a soft team. It's a long shot that this team wins the conference tourney unless there's a major gut check. And I don't think we have it in us. Can't win games only showing up for a half...not even against a shabby team in a shabby barn.

How huge are the five-on-three transition and Hemstra putback missed bunnies? Both basically uncontested. Huge, huge, huge. Hemstra...a major disappointment so far in his career. Dykstra did nothing today until it was too late.

Can't even make a decent pass at game's end to get the ball to half court. In fact, three in-bounds pass attempts that were just plain sh--ty. Just plain sh--ty. Seems appropriate.

Comment

Nate in the post-game interview with Tyler.
                                First they discuss the record. Nate wants to talk about the game, not the record.
                                Nate: no energy. dig that kind of hole,...unbelievable we can't learn from that.
                                Just have to play harder. Really tough loss.

Tyler: What turned the tide in the second half? Starting knocking down shots.

Oakland coming in Thursday: Yeah, definitely a good team. Good to get back home.

Tyler: I know it's hollow but congratulations on the record and we'll see you back in Frost.

Next up: Nagy. This may be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X