• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Belmont

When's the last time we didn't hit 50?

Comment

Thank goodness its over. Tough to watch.

Comment

well that sucked eggs

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
          1937, its been a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
            Jan 2008 44 pts. against IUPUI

Comment

too much site-seeing over the last couple of days. thank god there isn't s..t to do in New Mexico.

Comment

Heemstra sniffling a lot--cold bug going through the team?
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Can anyone compare our performance to the performance of the USD vs Morehead state game that I have put myself through. Terrible, just painful to watch. Yet, I continue to watch.

Comment

As bad as things were tonight,we need to remember that in a one bid conference they don't award that bid based on how a team is playing in December. Now if the team is still playing like this in Feb.and March we're in deep trouble,but I have seen a lot of teams look completely different from early to late season. If it's true that a team has to hit rock-bottom to turn things around,this certainly looked like rock-bottom.

Comment

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me a third time well....

This team has serious issues. I await the excuses and ideas that will try to explain away a collapse only explained by one thing, a lack of effort. If you don't play hard all the time you will lose most of the time no matter how much talent you have. Nagy did a crappy job of managing a team that doesn't seem to understand that every game is the most important game of the year.

Some will say "meh" some will use injuries as an excuse I'll not agree. This team is at best the 3rd place team in the Summit and so far from deserving a NCAA bid that it shouldn't even be discussed.

The talent might be there, might. The effort is not even close and I'll take effort over potential every night. Yet again I am disappointed by this team.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        As bad as things were tonight,we need to remember that in a one bid conference they don't award that bid based on how a team is playing in December. Now if the team is still playing like this in Feb.and March we're in deep trouble,but I have seen a lot of teams look completely different from early to late season. If it's true that a team has to hit rock-bottom to turn things around,this certainly looked like rock-bottom.
                        I would agree, the season is not lost or over by any means. I think we have run into a school with a little more tradition and was a D2 power house not so many years ago. Belmont used to be called Belmont Abbey, I believe and I dont think we ever ran into them in the D2 days, but they were very good back then and its carried forward.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                          too much site-seeing over the last couple of days. thank god there isn't s..t to do in New Mexico.
                          Excuse one.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            Heemstra sniffling a lot--cold bug going through the team?
                            Excuse two.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me a third time well....

This team has serious issues. I await the excuses and ideas that will try to explain away a collapse only explained by one thing, a lack of effort. If you don't play hard all the time you will lose most of the time no matter how much talent you have. Nagy did a crappy job of managing a team that doesn't seem to understand that every game is the most important game of the year.

Some will say "meh" some will use injuries as an excuse I'll not agree. This team is at best the 3rd place team in the Summit and so far from deserving a NCAA bid that it shouldn't even be discussed.

The talent might be there, might. The effort is not even close and I'll take effort over potential every night. Yet again I am disappointed by this team.
                              Nagy kinda called out his upperclassmen for this very thing: lack of effort.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                Rationalizing, a mechanism to protect the ego from acknowledging fact. Excuse three.

Comment

Working...
                                X