Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Und gdt

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    Sure you are... it's only a coincidence that someone with the same name started talking crap about SDSU over on Bisonville in their SDSU v. UND thread and then the same thing happens over here. The best part is that you defend your doppelganger's ridiculous statement before claiming not to be the same person.

I hope you don't plan on committing a crime anytime soon, because you won't remain "at-large" for very long... though you should be used to that being that you're a fan of the Gophers.
    *apologies to all the decent Gopher fans out there

That's funny I see the comparison now after I checked out NDSU's forum. Believe it or not I am not the same guy on their web site. It will not upset me at all if you think I'm the the guy on Bisonville. My dad was looking over the schedule and at the start of the season thought SDSU would give the Gopher's a run for our money so I kind of started to lurk on this site to see what you guys thought. I like Wolters, he is a slick player but after that I don't know how any actual basketball fans could think SDSU can stay in the game? I don't think wolters will score more than 14-16 points vs Minnesota but I wouldn't be shocked if he went over that mark. After that I'm curious who stops Rodney from getting 15-20? In order for SDSU to even be in this game at the end you guys will have to hit at least 10 three pointers. I would like to hear a serious arguement of how SDSU can beat MN? Wolters is going to need a ton of help and I for one do not believe SDSU has the horses to stay close.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenshower View Post
      That's funny I see the comparison now after I checked out NDSU's forum. Believe it or not I am not the same guy on their web site. It will not upset me at all if you think I'm the the guy on Bisonville. My dad was looking over the schedule and at the start of the season thought SDSU would give the Gopher's a run for our money so I kind of started to lurk on this site to see what you guys thought. I like Wolters, he is a slick player but after that I don't know how any actual basketball fans could think SDSU can stay in the game? I don't think wolters will score more than 14-16 points vs Minnesota but I wouldn't be shocked if he went over that mark. After that I'm curious who stops Rodney from getting 15-20? In order for SDSU to even be in this game at the end you guys will have to hit at least 10 three pointers. I would like to hear a serious arguement of how SDSU can beat MN? Wolters is going to need a ton of help and I for one do not believe SDSU has the horses to stay close.
      Seriously if SDSU scores more points then the gophers, then they could win the game. One of the best defensive teams in the country held him to just about 30 this year so I would be surprised if he doesnt get 25 plus. Yeah minn is having a good year amid their legal issues but SDSU would be doing themselves a disservice if they did not go into to this game expecting a win and playing a game plan to do so. Washington last year probably didnt really think they had to worry much about SDSU...I know apples to oranges.....Fiegen takes a few charges get a guy or 2 in foul trouble. Wolters, White, Dykstra, carlson are more then capable of making 10+ threes, so I feel SDSU has plenty of offensive help to win the game. Defensively we need to improve and if we give up a lot of rebounds we will struggle but I have a feeling this team will be geared up for the game.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
        I think the pressing issue is this...

Is goldenshower really LakesBison?
        Lakesbison probably likes getting a golden shower.......
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Its definitely going to be an uphill battle.

SDSU has 1 player who garners attention, but who do you think he has dished out 5+ assists per game to the last few years? That isn't to say we have other players of his capacity, but 4/5 starters are capable of hitting 40%+ from 3 (and have over the course of the season), so it isn't crazy to think another player on the roster could go for 15-20. Nate shot 9 three pointers last year against them, this year he is hitting at 50%.

Gopher bigs are better, but we outrebounded them last year. Dykstra, our junior power forward, had a foot injury last year. He played terrible against the Gophers, but he is lighter, faster, and is shooting 50% from 3 this year. That could help negate the gophers defensive edge in the paint. If our starting center gets into foul trouble, it will get ugly down low for us.

Our guards have decent size and length and can defend pretty well. We tower over guards in our conference, I'm sure the gopher guards are a little different than that.

Bottom line, we are going to need to hit shots. If we can manage to shoot 45%+ with a bunch of threes, hold our own rebounding, defend well enough to harass, and the Gophers coast, we could beat them. That's a lot of ifs.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

The Gophers have a nice team this year, but i wouldn't go around thumping my chest about how dominant that are just yet. Washington had much better guards than Minnesota and our defense was able to hold their own. This game comes down to the defense that both teams play.As far as Wolters, ask around the U of M basketball program. I bet they would love to have a kid of his talent bringing up the ball. The fact that you come on here and disrespect of of the best Mid-Major players in the country shows a lack of all around basketball intelligence. Of course, that's why I prefer to go with the thoughts of ESPN, Sports Illustrated, and CBS sports for that kind of insight. Of course we all know that if, and when, the Jacks hang with Minnesota we won't see the likes of this poster again. Cyber tough guys never own up. Oh well, I'll just take solace knowing that this gopher team will finish 3rd or 4th at best in the Big 10. Big 14? Big 13? I dunno what to call it anymore
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Lakesbison probably likes getting a golden shower.......
              Lakes gives himself a goldenshower each morning.
              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                The Gophers have a nice team this year, but i wouldn't go around thumping my chest about how dominant that are just yet. Washington had much better guards than Minnesota and our defense was able to hold their own. This game comes down to the defense that both teams play.As far as Wolters, ask around the U of M basketball program. I bet they would love to have a kid of his talent bringing up the ball. The fact that you come on here and disrespect of of the best Mid-Major players in the country shows a lack of all around basketball intelligence. Of course, that's why I prefer to go with the thoughts of ESPN, Sports Illustrated, and CBS sports for that kind of insight. Of course we all know that if, and when, the Jacks hang with Minnesota we won't see the likes of this poster again. Cyber tough guys never own up. Oh well, I'll just take solace knowing that this gopher team will finish 3rd or 4th at best in the Big 10. Big 14? Big 13? I dunno what to call it anymore
                last year we beat north carolina and their guards were better than ours, the year before butler was a better overall team then the gophers, the year before we upset louisville and their guards, forwards, coaches were all better then the what the gophers had. at any point did i think we were better than those teams? of course not! this must be a mid major philosophy, talk about a win from the previous year early in the season and then think each team is the same each year. btw the gophers beat washington in overtime late in the year when the huskies guards that were so much better than what the gophers had to offer. lol, they arent the same teams this season. wolters is a good player but i would have been pissed if he would have came to the U over royce white, trevor mbakwe, justin cobbs, or rodney williams. and if we didnt go those 4 nate still isnt number 5, i would have wanted lockett in that spot. be thankful for the stud wolters became, i just dont see how he has a good game vs minnesota because we arent the same team from last year, just like sdsu isnt the same team from last year. never once did i bring up "domination" etc, i just dont see any scenario playing out for the jacks, the gophers are playing great and the jacks are playing inconsistent and up and down to teams levels like many on here claim. we will see, i expect the gophers to win easily, 20-30 points but i wont be shocked if sdsu gives us a run for our money! good luck

Comment

Lakes? Is that you?

Comment

Working...
                  X