Frost gets upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Frost gets upgrade

While the site line is a problem and won't be fixed this year, my understanding is that the heavy railing in front of the section will be replaced with Plexiglas, which should help in that regard.

I think the students in the end zones will be very good, if they turn out in numbers. The exhibition game was a good start and I know the department is doing a lot of work in promoting the student fan attendance.

Comment

I agree with Jacks#1. The students were great in that first exhibition game. They are right on top of the action in those end sections and will make a real difference in the atmosphere this year.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I think things could get dicey at times if we have rowdy (intoxicated) students on the visitors side. Those seats feel like they are almost on top of the visiting bench.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          I think things could get dicey at times if we have rowdy (intoxicated) students on the visitors side. Those seats feel like they are almost on top of the visiting bench.
          I don't know about dicey but I hope the electricity in the building gets amped up a bunch. Let's make Frost a huge home court advantage again! I think the fact that the students can look down the court and see other students getting crazy will help them spur each other on. The cheerleaders and dance team will encourage them. My hope is that it gets us out of our chairbacks to do the same!

These teams deserve to have us do our part and make Frost a tough place to play!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            There were a few moments in the exhibition game when I felt like students were getting too personal in their cheers against the other team. I really hope students can use their voices to cheer for the Jackrabbits (and making noise in general) instead of against individuals on the opposing team.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              There were a few moments in the exhibition game when I felt like students were getting too personal in their cheers against the other team. I really hope students can use their voices to cheer for the Jackrabbits (and making noise in general) instead of against individuals on the opposing team.
              Just be glad josh mueller doesn't have to come play here now. Well at the time with the old wooden bleachers that were awesome and close to the court we said some things my grandma wouldn't be proud of. I think some of it comes with the territory. Only way to solve it is move students to the upper sections, which will never happen.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                While the site line is a problem and won't be fixed this year, my understanding is that the heavy railing in front of the section will be replaced with Plexiglas, which should help in that regard.

I think the students in the end zones will be very good, if they turn out in numbers. The exhibition game was a good start and I know the department is doing a lot of work in promoting the student fan attendance.
                Did the seating get fixed this summer? I thought that was the plan.
                We...ARE...STATE!
                SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
                  Did the seating get fixed this summer? I thought that was the plan.
                  From what I've heard, yes, it did get fixed. Lower south seats (which were the most ridiculous 'improvement' from last year) were lowered something like 2+ feet and the sight lines are much improved. This is just 2nd hand, however, I haven't seen it myself.

I have not heard if they've done anything at all with the upper level seating. That might be on hold until the indoor practice facility is up and operating, at which time I think the plan is to totally re-do the upper-bowl seating.
                  Last edited by filbert; 08-22-2013, 05:26 AM.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Got it right Filbert, on the upper level seating. When the indoor facility opens, track will vacate Frost Arena, making it possible to do a lot with the upper seating. I'm not sure of the exact time schedule, however, and...as usual...money may be a factor.

Comment

Hopefully this link will work. Seating of south side.
                      https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSds6BMCIAAiebl.jpg

Last year's picture (from jackrabbit den twitter)
                      http://t.co/vvqLq0ZU
                      Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 08-24-2013, 07:14 PM.

Comment

You have to give the athletic department credit for recognizing the complaints and fixing the problem. Looks like it will be a lot better.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          Hopefully this link will work. Seating of south side.
                          https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSds6BMCIAAiebl.jpg

Last year's picture (from jackrabbit den twitter)
                          http://t.co/vvqLq0ZU
                          What are the long term plans for the big wall behind the scorers table? I cannot tell how high it is from the picture, but is there any chance that the area behind the wall and underneath the bleachers could be turned into courtside suites similar to the those planned for the new arena at USD?
                          USD Fan

Comment

Working...
                          X