Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Frost gets upgrade

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    I'm going to guess (and hope) that they will put some type of cover on the wood. Prolly some of that with the logo or something on it. But I wish they would have went 1 or 2 rows closer to the court.
    Someone needs to ask this question immediately. It looks terrible.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      Need to cover up that plywood with some blue or yellow
      Common sense says this is a given.

I guess I was under the impression that the new seats would come down as far as the old seats were. I did not know they would be taking out what...5 or 6 rows worth of seats.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        I guess I was under the impression that the new seats would come down as far as the old seats were. I did not know they would be taking out what...5 or 6 rows worth of seats.
        Exactly the reason why I said it is not that good. Having it that far from the court is just tacky, unnecessary, and just looks like its not meant for a basketball court.
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Common sense says this is a given.

Here's the old setup:

By my blurry picture count, before there were 10 rows, now there are 7 (8?). I'm guessing that before there wasn't much room at all for press and staff to maneuver behind the benches, the new setup might alleviate that a little.

Put a blue cover on there, media tables, and some "premium" media row fan seating, and it won't even be noticeable, IMO.

Is it perfect? Nope. Is it acceptable? Probably.

For what its worth, Cameron Indoor Stadium has a similar size wall separating the lower level from the upper level.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Failed again imo.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Here's the old setup:

For what its worth, Cameron Indoor Stadium has a similar size wall separating the lower level from the upper level.
                Sure, it does but there is clearly seats on the lower level at Cameron between the wall and the court where unlike the Frost that has no seats and will be used for press only. Cameron also has the students stand on the side so you can't even compare them. I thought it was poorly done and dissapointed however I wasn't really thrilled from the start

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  lol Sums up my feelings....

Comment

SF Rabbit Fan - you are probably right....the angle of TV's pic makes it seem like more rows were taken out than actually were.

In two years no one will know the difference.

It'll be fine.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Oh boy, I just noticed something that is going to cause even more angst than the great wall of Frost.

From the [blurry] pictures, the student "bleachers" appear to be risers, aka standing room only...

Anyone been at the games to confirm or deny?
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Oh boy, I just noticed something that is going to cause even more angst than the great wall of Frost.

From the [blurry] pictures, the student "bleachers" appear to be risers, aka standing room only...

Anyone been at the games to confirm or deny?
                        Ooooh, If true...I'm going to get my popcorn popped and watch this disscussion pan it's self out!!!

BTW...I think it's awesome if true!!

Go Jacks!!
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Hold the phones, looked again, there don't appear to be railings on those end bleachers, so I'm guessing they aren't done being put together yet.

Comment

SF Rabbit Fan - you are probably right....the angle of TV's pic makes it seem like more rows were taken out than actually were.

In two years no one will know the difference.

It'll be fine.
                            The jackrabbit den picture is a straight on shot and it looks look its higher and further away from the court than previously.
                            Also they really should have put the students closer to the floor. Nothing better than watching a basketball game from the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                              The jackrabbit den picture is a straight on shot and it looks look its higher and further away from the court than previously.
                              Also they really should have put the students closer to the floor. Nothing better than watching a basketball game from the floor.
                              Serious question and not meant to be snarky, but is it possible that bleachers vs. chairbacks do not have a 1:1 ratio for the amount of space required for a row? Perhaps it was a choice between being 2 feet further away with a higher wall, or 1 foot closer with REALLY cramped staff/media.

Completely kidding with you now because I know you feel strongly about this, but the students are probably technically closer to the floor now...

Comment

Serious question and not meant to be snarky, but is it possible that bleachers vs. chairbacks do not have a 1:1 ratio for the amount of space required for a row? Perhaps it was a choice between being 2 feet further away with a higher wall, or 1 foot closer with REALLY cramped staff/media.Completely kidding with you now because I know you feel strongly about this, but the students are probably technically closer to the floor now...
                                It's more than that though. My main problem with the upgrade is all 4 sides of the court don't have seats on the floor. A basketball court is meant to have the fans seemingly on top of the court. Not having some huge press area on the sideline and moving the seats even further back. I think that's why I love NBA games, heck even the upper deck looks like they are right on top of the floor.

As far as the student section goes, not having them on the floor is actually really funny just because that just doesn't look right. Heck even when I was at USD game and their godawful arena where their basketball court is a basketball court set in the middle of a warehouse had students and other fans right on the court. I do applaud them for using risers though. That is my main issue and why I am not impressed with the upgrade, because basketball games were meant to have the fans be right on top of the players like Cameron indoor, or the gophers stadium. Final thoughts, if SDSU wants to move the seats off the floor they might as well go all the way and copy Memorial Gymnasium at Vandy University.

Comment

Working...
                                X