Clear All

• Re: Baylor

Originally posted by Texasjeremy View Post
    Point spreads for the 3/14 seeds:
    Baylor by 7.5 over South Dakota State
    Florida State by 6.5 over St. Bonaventure
    Georgetown by 3.5 over Belmont

Marquette/BYU no line yet.
    Nice thanks for the correction. Baylor is the first 3 seed so maybe that has something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
      It may be a waste of effort to dwell on it, but that was my 19th birthday(legal drinking age back then). The party that would have followed would have been epic, instead I was just depressed the rest of the night. It doesn't bother me either to see Jacksonville State on the losing end of a score.
      Same here. I get a little smirk every time I see Jacksonville State on the losing side of a final score.

Comment

Its weird, I was looking back over the season stats and I had almost forgotten that Dykstra was hurt for more than a month at the beginning of the season. Somebody correct me, I know he played like 15 mins against Minnesota and Georgia, but wasn't he pretty banged up and very limited mobility? I know he basically sat out the next five games and didn't play at all at Nebraska. Makes me wonder if he was at full-strength those games how they would have played out differently.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
          Its weird, I was looking back over the season stats and I had almost forgotten that Dykstra was hurt for more than a month at the beginning of the season. Somebody correct me, I know he played like 15 mins against Minnesota and Georgia, but wasn't he pretty banged up and very limited mobility? I know he basically sat out the next five games and didn't play at all at Nebraska. Makes me wonder if he was at full-strength those games how they would have played out differently.
          I've thought this the whole time. I just wanted to let the "we haven't beat nobody crowd" keep on getting over confident. Of course the bigger conferences look at those schools as "nobody" anyways(rightly so). Might have gotten us a better seed though. Dykstra is good for 10-15 points you can figure it out from there......of course we laid a couple eggs with Dykstra on the floor so...you know....we really needed to win the UND and USD games. I think those two might have actually hurt us the most. Dykstra and Carlsen are the keys to this game IMO, not Nate. Naters gonna Nate, we know that, those two have to play like the sharp shooting animals they are.
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
            Nice thanks for the correction. Baylor is the first 3 seed so maybe that has something to do with it.
            7.5 thats two 3's and a wolters floater

Comment

This may be old news, but after some Baylor fans ranted at us about their program being squeaky clean, I thought it may be relevant.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...ncaa-sanctions

EDIT: Additionally, based on the time frame when some of these infractions occurred, would Baylor still have been under other sanctions/probation by the NCAA from the earlier stuff? If so, it may get ugly.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I think I have tended to defend Baylor from time to time. I reserve the right to reverse my position...the NCAA is calling them "major violations." This should be an interesting case to follow.

Added later:

I just discovered there's a new thread "Baylor Sanctions" under the topic "College Athletics" that is covering the subject of KULaw's post and my reply. For convenience, I'll close this thread and recommend people follow the subject in the Baylor Sanctions thread.

Comment

Working...
                X