Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sdsu @ ipfw

Originally posted by goon View Post
    I was just thinking this weekend what this current team would look like if we had a ben beran on this current team. Loney is also quickly forgotten too but they stuck it out when a lot didnt or couldnt. a couple years ago we lost in the tourny to the dead elephants, we had talent on that team and 2 seniors who also went through a lot but just were worn down and out of gas after a long hard career IMO. I think coaching staff has grown along with keeping in bringing good talent also. that is why we beat IPFW the way we do. Would be nice if we could see these guys again in the tourny, hopefully would be another easy win so the first day of the tourny we could rest the starters a little more and get the bench some summit tounry experience.
    Yep, I think Nagy would be the first to admit the coaching staff was subpar in the early DI days and you can't put it all on the players. Not enough talent/bodies/experience in the coaching staff early on, and not smart enough at scheming and putting players into positions to succeed.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
      you think that somebody is going to help out other defenders when they're supposed to be guarding wolters ? there focus is going to be on nate, regardless of his 3 point percentage. and honestly when a defender is sagging off some one like wolters it can tend to be a good thing because it takes pressure off him and frees him up to create better passes and gives him more momentum towards the basket on drives. if i was coaching against wolters i would tell the guys to harass him as early as possible, make him work.. otherwise it's a god foresaken trap-shoot out there for him Go Jacks
      We can agree to disagree. I will be watching closely on Thursday to see how ORU defends him.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        Yep, I think Nagy would be the first to admit the coaching staff was subpar in the early DI days and you can't put it all on the players. Not enough talent/bodies/experience in the coaching staff early on, and not smart enough at scheming and putting players into positions to succeed.
        One of Nagy's greater strengths as a coach, IMHO, is his willingness to admit coaching mistakes and take blame upon himself and the coaching staff (witness his recent statements that while he's been telling the team to emphasize defense, he's been substituting based on offensive production, and thus sending the wrong message to the team). Not everybody can step up to a microphone and say "you know what, I screwed up, that's why things aren't the way they should be." If you think otherwise---well---examples are all around us every day in every sphere of life, aren't they?
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          One of Nagy's greater strengths as a coach, IMHO, is his willingness to admit coaching mistakes and take blame upon himself and the coaching staff (witness his recent statements that while he's been telling the team to emphasize defense, he's been substituting based on offensive production, and thus sending the wrong message to the team). Not everybody can step up to a microphone and say "you know what, I screwed up, that's why things aren't the way they should be." If you think otherwise---well---examples are all around us every day in every sphere of life, aren't they?
          Or when Nagy during the transition would often say, Steve, I just dont know what to do. we try this we try that and nothing is changing. a lot felt he was totally lost and looking for a way out almost. I think the things that helped him get on track as a good coach was Kai and Garrent, clint those guys sticking it out, then landing Wolters, and after Jordan signed to come here, you could see the burden lift from his shoulders. He looked like he was ready for the fight of coaching again. I think thats why after we have lost, we come out and pound the next team because the team is good enough and the coach is learning just a long the way as well.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I respectfully disagree with a lot of the stuff on Nagy. At the D2 level he had a system and it was working very well. When we went D1 it all kind of blew up. We all remember it, there was injuries, transfers, legal issues, and on, and on. Combine that with the fact that recruiting during transition is brutal. Funny how we are now done with transition, can make the post-season, the tourney is in SF, and stability is back on the roster that coach is now able to get back to running a consistent system.

Did they learn a lot going through all of that? No doubt! Would they have learned more in 5 years of continued D2? No doubt.

I'm just glad we are getting back to Jackrabbit basketball! We can all agree on that!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
              I respectfully disagree with a lot of the stuff on Nagy. At the D2 level he had a system and it was working very well. When we went D1 it all kind of blew up. We all remember it, there was injuries, transfers, legal issues, and on, and on. Combine that with the fact that recruiting during transition is brutal. Funny how we are now done with transition, can make the post-season, the tourney is in SF, and stability is back on the roster that coach is now able to get back to running a consistent system.

Did they learn a lot going through all of that? No doubt! Would they have learned more in 5 years of continued D2? No doubt.

I'm just glad we are getting back to Jackrabbit basketball! We can all agree on that!

SUPERBUNNY
              I don't mean to disagree, but we don't run an offense even close to what we ran in our DII days. Personnel has certainly improved, but if we ran an offense like we did in DII, this years team might make it to 15 wins.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                I don't mean to disagree, but we don't run an offense even close to what we ran in our DII days. Personnel has certainly improved, but if we ran an offense like we did in DII, this years team might make it to 15 wins.
                I don't think Supperbunny said we did run the same offense, he said; "Funny how we are now done with transition, can make the post-season, the tourney is in SF, and stability is back on the roster that coach is now able to get back to running a consistent system."

Comment

Speaking of role players from a few posts back and their importance. The ladies coming off the bench for the Jackrabbits have outscored their opponents 96-22 over the last four games. So it shows everyone is important in this game.

Comment

Working...
                  X