ORU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORU

Let's get this party started. Jacks by 6.
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Re: ORU

Isnt' there some ORU fan that always comes down from Canada to watch ORU play when they're at NDSU and SDSU?

Anyways, this should be a great game. I'm hoping I'm able to watch it.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
      Got 3 tickets for the Men's game, Row 1, Section D. Gonna make some noise for the Jacks. Haven't seen them all year, but Tulsa is only 1 1/2 hours from Fayetteville. Looking forward to it. Go Jacks!
      I'd make the trip down right after work tonight but I'll be in Centerville, SD at a 4th grad girl's BB tourney instead.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        Isnt' there some ORU fan that always comes down from Canada to watch ORU play when they're at NDSU and SDSU?

Anyways, this should be a great game. I'm hoping I'm able to watch it.
        I am an ORU fan from Winnipeg. I like to get down to the game in Fargo. SDSU is too far. I am hoping to get to the tournament this year though. It should be a phenomenal occasion, with opportunity for upset, and with a lot of advantage in the #1 position.

I understand the reasons, so it is hard to to fault the decision, but with ORU going to the Southland, I will have much less opportunity to watch an ORU game in person.

Saturday will be a fantastic game! Two 13-4 teams battling each other in the Summit. I am not sure when that happened last (if ever).

Comment

http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/pos...ke-donkey-kong

Comment

ORU mostly only played 6 guys against NDSU, so that bodes well, except for the fact the Jacks didn't get too much into their bench last night either.

Matching up with them is just tough. They have their defensive ends, also known as PF/C to contend with in Bell-Holter and Craion which is tough on Fiegen and Dykstra. Heemstra might have to get some time and hopefully not get bullied around by those two. Callahan is going to have to keep with Morrison who is now the only contender with Wolters for POY unless Oakland turns it around. I've seen Morrison get frustrated and it throws off his game. If the referees let it get chippy, which I've seen happen with ORU, Callahan's going to have to get dirty with Morrison.

Niles hit about 15 threes himself in Frost last year but didn't do anything in Tulsa. And they have the length of Roundtree off the bench.

It's going to be a tough go obviously. If the Jacks can win the battle of the boards, I think that's a huge key to winning. Being better than 4-17 on threes like last night is nearly essential too.

Win this one and bank on playing Saturday night in the Summit tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by orucan View Post
              ...I understand the reasons, so it is hard to to fault the decision, but with ORU going to the Southland, I will have much less opportunity to watch an ORU game in person....
              Suggestion: Since you're being abandoned by your school, time to join the Jackrabbit Club and travel regularly to Frost Arena to watch your new favorite team!

Comment

This team has grown a lot this season already. The thing that jumps out at me is how much better the players Not named Callahan or Walters have been improving. White, Fiegen, Carlson have all stepped into their roles and are becoming legitimate threats to score on their own which is taking the pressure off of Nate, which is only going to make him better. Dykstra is starting to play like he isn't hurting and finding his natural rhythm on the court. Also really like the fact that as a team they seem to be greatly improved on Defense and are committed to boxing out on the boards, without a true big man down low, it is huge that they are as aggressive as they are getting to the ball and keeping opponents on their backs limiting those easy chippers that plagued us in the past. Add to it that our freshmen are giving quality minutes and providing stability off the bench and this team is only going to get better. It is great to see the team building some swagger. Being confident is huge, expecting to win rather than hoping to win is a major mind change and I think they have turned that corner. Fun time to be a Jack fan.

Comment

More publicity from ESPN:
                  South Dakota State at Oral Roberts (8 ET): The Jackrabbits (my favorite nickname in college sports) won at Washington in convincing fashion. Oral Roberts won at Xavier in convincing fashion. Both stand at 13-4 overall, 5-0 in the Summit League and have confidence they can win a game in the NCAA tournament. But getting there will start with which team wins the league -- and the advantage could come out of this game. With Oakland uncharacteristically down, can the high-scoring Nate Wolters lift the Jackrabbits to a road win that would establish them as the league favorite?
                  They list this as one of the games to watch this weekend in college basketball. If you look at all of the games listed, this is about the only mid-major game listed.

You can read the entire article here
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

The fact that this game probably won't be readily available on local TV is a shame. I'm sure Midcontinent will be showing a fascinating DWU/ USF WBB match-up instead.

I know the game is probably on one of the obscure secondary FSN channels, but I don't get those (even with a digital Midcontient package). Does anyone know for sure if it is televised, and where? I have the Jackrabbit Extra and will be watching the grainy little video on my computer if nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                      The fact that this game probably won't be readily available on local TV is a shame. I'm sure Midcontinent will be showing a fascinating DWU/ USF WBB match-up instead.

I know the game is probably on one of the obscure secondary FSN channels, but I don't get those (even with a digital Midcontient package). Does anyone know for sure if it is televised, and where? I have the Jackrabbit Extra and will be watching the grainy little video on my computer if nothing else.

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...Sports-Central

Comment

may want to check out firstrowsports.com or justintv for possible uploads of the games. I'm likely to be watching via the Jackrabbit Extra subscription. Right now, appears the SUU WBB won't be a video feed. But good to go at ORU.

Comment

Thanks for the link to the other thread about TV coverage. I got signed up for the Midco Sports package and will be watching on the big TV tomorrow night!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            Suggestion: Since you're being abandoned by your school, time to join the Jackrabbit Club and travel regularly to Frost Arena to watch your new favorite team!
                            How kind of you to extend such a lovely invitation! Hard to replace an alma mater though. It's in the blood. My strategy is to savour this season as much as I can, and I think I'm going to enjoy Saturday night a lot.

Comment

Did anyone post this link yet? A blog entry about Wolters from today's Star Tribune:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...136856478.html

Comment

Working...
                              X