X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tickets available for "The Big Game" January 12th

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205351663

This is a real head-scratcher for me.

TV has also reported that around a 1,000 tickets are still available for the game against USD.

My question is why? SDSU appears to be finally getting back to playing "Jackrabbit Basketball" and there is certainly a buzz around the Jacks as they near this game. In many ways it is the perfect time for this game to happen. That makes me wonder why the tickets haven't been nearly sold out? Everyone on here is on board with being there for the big game if they can.

This game is the most hyped (no doubt overhyped) game in SDSU history. I just can't believe that more tickets haven't been sold ahead of the game. Even more puzzling is that this game is much more important to USD than to SDSU. You'd think that the Yote fans would be clammoring to buy up any unsold tickets. Sure, it's a Thursday night. No, it's not a double-header. Who cares? It's Yotes vs. Jacks man! I remember when there wouldn't be anywhere in the world you would be than Frost Arena on USD game night.

Why isn't it happening? Maybe it just isn't as big of a game as many of us had hoped. Maybe were over it.

My hopes are that Frost Arena is in fact stuffed for that game no matter what color the fans are wearing. I miss that atmosphere and hope we can get it back and soon. I also hope that the game goes off without the extra crap that isn't needed.

There is only one chance to say you were "in Frost and out of the cold" when the rivalry renews. Don't miss it! Get your ticket. See you there!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Re: Tickets available for "The Big Game" January 12th

I just don't see this as the rivalry anymore and I almost don't want to go to let the D fans think it's that big of a deal. I'm going to support the Jacks and not about who they are playing. Like you said, it's more important to USD than it is to SDSU.
    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

While this game was frequently packed at Frost, it almost never was sold out before game day. So it doesn't surprise me that some seats are available for Thursday night. Other factors are Thursday night, it is not a doubleheader like in the past, and the Yotes are terrible. I don't expect a ton of people to come up from Vermillion. People may say this isn't a rivalry but it is and will continue to be in the future.

Comment

It will be packed and it will be loud. I'm pretty sure they will sell as many tickets as they can not knowing exactly how many people can fit in Frost as it is currently configured. I don't think they'll have to turn people away or lock the doors but the bleachers will be uncomfortably full and the concession and restroom lines will be horrendous, I can promise you that. The women's game will have less interest but still plenty.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          It will be packed and it will be loud. I'm pretty sure they will sell as many tickets as they can not knowing exactly how many people can fit in Frost as it is currently configured. I don't think they'll have to turn people away or lock the doors but the bleachers will be uncomfortably full and the concession and restroom lines will be horrendous, I can promise you that. The women's game will have less interest but still plenty.
          *cough* I hope they have more than one vending window open *cough*
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

bought 2 tickets the other night. Everything is sold out except general admission. I just think that considering its a thursday night game, in January, usd is not great the average fan is not going to spend $20 on a ga ticket unless he knows he can attend. If a blizzard hits, or if its cold, or if something else comes up, etc.

Comment

I understand some of the USD contingent will be meeting at Bravo's pre-game next Thursday. Anybody know the kitchen staff there?
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

If anyone knows of someone who has reserved seats and cant go and wants to sell them, im interested. 2 for sure, would take 4 if someone has them. I already have GA but would rather have reserved.

Comment

I'm surprised it is not sold out yet too. USD fan interest is probably lower than expected, due to the way their team is playing. Still, there should be more than enough SDSU fans to quickly grab those tickets. How do we consistently get 12,000+ for football but can't do an advanced sale of 6,000 tickets for this game - especially with the success our team is having?

I'm sure the building will end up being full, I just thought those tickets would sell faster. It will be a fun night regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                    I'm surprised it is not sold out yet too. USD fan interest is probably lower than expected, due to the way their team is playing. Still, there should be more than enough SDSU fans to quickly grab those tickets. How do we consistently get 12,000+ for football but can't do an advanced sale of 6,000 tickets for this game - especially with the success our team is having?

I'm sure the building will end up being full, I just thought those tickets would sell faster. It will be a fun night regardless.
                    Some take for granted they can walk up to the window and buy a ticket that night.
                    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

same reason why ndsu/und on jan 17 wont have more than 4000-5000. D1 for ndsu/sdsu brings real games like FBS games and FCS playoffs.

(the game last year had 10,000 tickets sold, but 5000 were buffalo wild wings free giveaways)

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                        I just don't see this as the rivalry anymore and I almost don't want to go to let the D fans think it's that big of a deal. I'm going to support the Jacks and not about who they are playing. Like you said, it's more important to USD than it is to SDSU.
                        I don't know why you think it isn't or won't be a rival. It will be the in-state championship. Like the Iron Bowl, or the Civil War in football. Knowing you are the best D-1 program in the state is as important as the Dakota Marker game. Fans, students, players and alumni bragging rights is important for boosters.
                        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                          I don't know why you think it isn't or won't be a rival. It will be the in-state championship. Like the Iron Bowl, or the Civil War in football. Knowing you are the best D-1 program in the state is as important as the Dakota Marker game. Fans, students, players and alumni bragging rights is important for boosters.
                          Sorry but I see our main rival as NDSU. Sure in the NCC days, it was USD but those days are gone. Maybe in 5-10 years I might change my opinion after we have played against them, but they aren't our rivals right now and it won't be the same as it was back then. I will still think of NDSU as our main rival in the future. You can have your opinion and I can have mine.

Comment

Sorry but I see our main rival as NDSU. Sure in the NCC days, it was USD but those days are gone. Maybe in 5-10 years I might change my opinion after we have played against them, but they aren't our rivals right now and it won't be the same as it was back then. I will still think of NDSU as our main rival in the future. You can have your opinion and I can have mine.
                            The fans and players will treat it like a rivalry game. There's a reason that students have to procure tickets in advance for this game and no other games. Perhaps the ticket office forgot to ask who you thought our rivals should be...
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I think most casual fans consider USD are prime rival, however I dislike both the Bizun and the 'Yotes equally, therefore I consider them equal rivals.
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                              X