Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WIU

Originally posted by MinnJack View Post
    All of this is correct and the same rule is in college basketball.

Rule 5, Section 7, Article 4
    "In any period, when the game clock displays 10ths of seconds and play is to be resumed by a throw-in or a free throw when 3/10 (.3) of a second or less remains on the game clock, a player may not gain possession of the ball and try for a field goal. Such player can only score a field goal by means of a tap of the pass or of a missed free throw."

Not sure why i thought it was .7 of a second.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      You mean when your 6'3" point guard and 6'4" small forward tie for the team lead in rebounding it's not a good thing?
      I don't care what anybody says, Callahan is a power forward. If he isn't, who is?
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

How about Horstman's contribution after he was MIA at IUPUI? Very nice. Both of these wins were big and could pay off in March. It's great to come back to Frost with some momentum and a little more "buzz" and hype. I think I'm going to have to get some tickets to next Saturday's double-header.

Comment

Was Prince hurt? Benched? Where was he?
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Prince started. So did Monaghan. Carlson and White did not start, but came off the bench and played. I don't think Heemstra played tonight. Everyone else did. Horstman nailed four 3-pointers, think. Four for four. That was huge.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
              Was Prince hurt? Benched? Where was he?
              This is the least predictable team I've seen Nagy have when it comes to dishing out minutes. Other then marking Wolters down the rest really changes. He said about Horstman playing after not playing at IUPUI. Basically said its about matchups and who is hot. White and Carlson were playing well so I suppose they stayed in. Nagy also said some of his players were fatigued. I don't think him not playing big minutes was because he was struggling or anything just that Nagy had other guards that were playing well.

Comment

Two road wins to start conference play. Nice.
                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

He is a natural 3, and is even undersized as a natural 3. Dykstra and Fiegen are both natural 4's. By necessity, both play up a position. If we had someone like Gruis or whoever at 5, we would destroy because Dykstra and Callahan would play at their natural positions. Callahan does a hell of a job though. No one will out-work him.

ETA: This was supposed to be quoting SFRabbit, but I'm drunk so I messed it up. W.E. Go Rabbits.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                    Prince started. So did Monaghan. Carlson and White did not start, but came off the bench and played. I don't think Heemstra played tonight. Everyone else did. Horstman nailed four 3-pointers, think. Four for four. That was huge.
                    Thanks, I didn't catch the first half...damn work....
                    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      He is a natural 3, and is even undersized as a natural 3. Dykstra and Fiegen are both natural 4's. By necessity, both play up a position. If we had someone like Gruis or whoever at 5, we would destroy because Dykstra and Callahan would play at their natural positions. Callahan does a hell of a job though. No one will out-work him.

ETA: This was supposed to be quoting SFRabbit, but I'm drunk so I messed it up. W.E. Go Rabbits.
                      Having a true 5 would not necessarily help us, especially on the offensive end. If Griff played the 3 and Jordan the 4, they would be guarded by much more athletic 3's and 4's. One of the main reasons Griff and Jordan are effective is because Jordan typically has a 5 guarding him who is not used to playing on the perimeter. Same for Griff, 4's that guard him are much slower and they have a hard time keeping up with him. However, having a presence in the paint would help us a great deal on the defensive side of the ball.

Comment

Working...
                      X