Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WIU

One word:

That's a heck of a game, 2-0 in the conference, on the road, all rightie then . . .

OK, that's more than one word . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Is it me or did Wolters seem drained from the IUPUI game. Front rimmed almost every three pointer and every shot hit the rim. He needs a couple minutes rest every game
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Tyler reviewing the final minute. Notes there was question about timing of Wolter's shot--"Molinari was furious".

Zach Horstman is the post-game player interview. 12 pts out of 4 three-pointers.

Western did good job of keeping their pace. We're excited to be getting back home. Coach pretty happy with us. Going to be a fun year. Enjoying his first year "really fun".

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
          Is it me or did Wolters seem drained from the IUPUI game. Front rimmed almost every three pointer and every shot hit the rim. He needs a couple minutes rest every game
          I think WIU was draped all over Nate much of the first half and it just had to wear him down carrying around 100+ extra pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            You're right, Mitchell. Geez, those last two by White saved us all the trouble of listening to another overtime!
            There was 4 tenths of a second left? Is that possible to make a 3/4 shot with that much time left. I thought it had to be like one motion or miracle shot or something like that

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              I think WIU was draped all over Nate much of the first half and it just had to wear him down carrying around 100+ extra pounds.
              Ill agree with that. First half he didnt get any looks and could not get to the basket. Seems like thats scouting report on the Jacks.
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I suppose a WIU guy was operating the clock and it got off to a slow start.

Comment

Western Illinois deserves more credit for this game being close than the Jacks have blame. Every time the SDSU got up a couple points they would hit a contested shot.

That being said, this was hands down the worst rebounding performance of the season for the Jacks. That aspect of game needs to polished up a bit in the next few practices.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    One word:

That's a heck of a game, 2-0 in the conference, on the road, all rightie then . . .

OK, that's more than one word . . .
                    2-0 in the conference , on the road. 6-3 overall with just one home game. Boy i cant wait till next Sat and watch some basketball.

Comment

• Re: WIU

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                      There was 4 tenths of a second left? Is that possible to make a 3/4 shot with that much time left. I thought it had to be like one motion or miracle shot or something like that
                      In situations like this the timer kind of forgets what his job his.

Comment

Great Bench Support:
                        41 points

Comment

Kemo is right. Nagy just stated that a lot of teams are going to lose here (at WIU)

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                            Western Illinois deserves more credit for this game being close than the Jacks have blame. Every time the SDSU got up a couple points they would hit a contested shot.

That being said, this was hands down the worst rebounding performance of the season for the Jacks. That aspect of game needs to polished up a bit in the next few practices.
                            You mean when your 6'3" point guard and 6'4" small forward tie for the team lead in rebounding it's not a good thing?
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Western Illinois is going to have something to say about who wins this league this year.

Ceola Clark is a really, really good basketball player.

I'll take this win--we've had some pretty terrible luck with one weird thing or another happening in games over the past few years. Over time, it evens out.

Call this even for the half-court winner that Western inflicted on us a couple of years ago.

Summit League is starting to become a pretty good top-to-bottom league, if somebody like WIU is supposed to be at the bottom of the conference.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                                Great Bench Support:
                                41 points
                                Bench:
                                12/19 FG (8/9 from 3)
                                9/10 FT
                                12 rebounds
                                7/14 Assists

Comment