WIU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIU

I think Western Ill. might be a pretty good team!

They hand NDSU and UND(beat Montana, counts for something, maybe) losses and they take Michigan to the wire, limiting them to 59 points. Great Defensive team it sounds like. Discuss.....
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Re: WIU

Just push the ball and we will be fine. If we can dictate pace we will win. In basketball, you dictate pace with defensive pressure and a great point guard. We all know that we have a great point guard, so if we can extend our defense and force them to make bad decisions this game should be an easy win. They absolutely cannot run with us.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

This game worries me.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        This game worries me.
        Me too, this guy who coaches WIU was an assistant at DePaul during their glory run. He knows the game. He needs the players and could have them this year.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          Just push the ball and we will be fine. If we can dictate pace we will win. In basketball, you dictate pace with defensive pressure and a great point guard. We all know that we have a great point guard, so if we can extend our defense and force them to make bad decisions this game should be an easy win. They absolutely cannot run with us.
          Rep for sure. It will come down to defensive intensity, ball pressure, and rebounding. I suspect they'll take some risks and foul frequently as well, hopefully those fouls are called and we make FT's. If our guys stand around and wait for Nate or play lacks on defense than we'll have a dogfight on an away court and all bets are off.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Great defensive team but poor offensively. They are definitely better with Clark back this year, but we should be fine. I don't see us losing this game. Three years ago yes, but not this year.

Comment

If we dont loose to IUPUI we dont lose to WI on the road.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                This should be true,but like I said in the IUPUI thread,last night was a big,emotional win for the Jacks. It's not unusual to come out flat after a win like this - I'm sure that the coaching staff is working hard to help the players understand that they need to look ahead,and not live in the past.

Comment

Based on what logic? Not demonstrably true that IUPUI is better this year, WIU handled NDSU, and Jacks are coming off a draining OT. Not saying a loss is coming, just saying this has all the trappings of a letdown game. A quick run early would be huge. If it's a grind from beginning to end....

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    Based on what logic? Not demonstrably true that IUPUI is better this year, WIU handled NDSU, and Jacks are coming off a draining OT. Not saying a loss is coming, just saying this has all the trappings of a letdown game. A quick run early would be huge. If it's a grind from beginning to end....
                    We have sturggled at IUPUI, we got over the hump. one of the places we have never won on the road and we did. We have won at WI before. And if confrence preseason rankings are even remotley close, I think we do ok. Plus I think we have traditionally matched up well with WI.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Lets not forget that our Jackrabbits can bring defense to the floor as well. We do match up well with this team size wise. They have one kid at 6ft 10in but he is not a big part of what happens on the floor. Nate will have another big night but we need the same effort from Jordan and Griff that we got at IUPUI and we will be just fine. Although WI did have an outstanding effort vs Michigan and that does concern me. No let down by this team tonight as I expect a great effort. Jacks by double digits after late game FT's.

GBGBGJ

Originally posted by YanktonRabbit View Post
                      Great defensive team but poor offensively. They are definitely better with Clark back this year, but we should be fine. I don't see us losing this game. Three years ago yes, but not this year.

Comment

Go Jacks

Story from their game with NDSU

http://www.westerncourier.com/sports...9bb30f31a.html

Web site

http://www.goleathernecks.com/ViewAr...B_OEM_ID=12000

Fan board

http://www.leathernecknation.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                          Lets not forget that our Jackrabbits can bring defense to the floor as well. We do match up well with this team size wise. They have one kid at 6ft 10in but he is not a big part of what happens on the floor. Nate will have another big night but we need the same effort from Jordan and Griff that we got at IUPUI and we will be just fine. Although WI did have an outstanding effort vs Michigan and that does concern me. No let down by this team tonight as I expect a great effort. Jacks by double digits after late game FT's.

GBGBGJ
                          I think this will be an early "litmus test" of how far we have come 1)defensively and 2)intensity-wise. To get over the hump we have to consistently bring it on defense and get those late game stops that we haven't in years past. When the opponent makes a run or starts chipping away at our lead (hopefully we play from ahead) the defense needs to step up. Like Chains said "Go Big. Go Blue. Go Jacks!!!"

Comment

When is tip off? I am looking more forward to this then college football today.

Comment

When is tip off? I am looking more forward to this then college football today.
                              7 but turn on your radio before that to catch Tyler Merriam and the pre-game show.

Comment

Working...
                              X