• Show
Clear All

• Southwest Minnesota State

Here is a link to SMSU's basketball page:

http://www.smsumustangs.com/

2/7/05
    SMSU Travels to Brookings, S.D. to Take on South Dakota State Tonight
    Click here to view the PDF

Southwest Minnesota State Steps Out of NSIC Action with Battle Against Division I Foe South Dakota State University

The Southwest Minnesota State men’s basketball will take on NCAA Division I foe South Dakota State at 7 p.m. in Brookings, S.D. on Monday night February 7. The contest is the final regular season non-conference game for SMSU in 2004-2005.
    SMSU has never beaten SDSU in 11 tries in a series that began during the 1971-72 season. . . .

Sure hope the good Jackrabbits show up so we can keep that unbeaten status.

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Mustangs! ;D

Re: Southwest Minnesota State

51-28 Mustangs at the half.

They are 7-9 for 3's and 20-35 for 2's

We're 2-6 and 10-28

Not looking good :-[ :-[

Comment

This has to be another one of those most embarassing moments of the season down 51-28 to Southwest Mn state.

Comment

A little break in the action on my friendly unit tonight so I checked the real time stats.  Mistake.

Jacks trail 51-28 at the half.

SWS is 7-9 beyond the arc, 9 TO's for the Jacks.  21 points from 3 in one half.  Might want to defend the arc this half.  I don't by the talent argument either.  I just don't want to believe that SWMS has more talent than us.  Just guard some body.

Game is not over and I expect us to comeback and win. Nagy might just kill Giever in the locker room.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I see Loney has 1 or our 2 3's. Did he hit a buzzer beater or what??

Comment

This is the same team who lost the following games at home in Marshall: MN State 105-63,NDSU 73-45,Mn Duluth 83-71. They also lost to USD 71-55 and UNO 65-62. Northern has also beat them. I'm glad we are not in the NCC this year.

Comment

About 10 minutes remain, still down by 14. No excuses, just embarassment and a lack of self-respect. These kids must not believe in themselves. I'm not being critical, just trying to talk it out. SWMS is not a good team and obviously we are worse tonight.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

down by nearly 30...not good
                78-47 6:41...

getting out-rebounded 39-24...ouch :-X

Comment

frickin embarrassing,
                  Seniors need to show some damn pride and moxy in their last game at Frost.

"I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

We have beaten Southwest Mn State the last 14 times.That will come to an end tonight. The announcer Dan Peters is brutal by himself. 89-53

Comment

I will say just when you think we have hit rock bottom and we have nowhere to go but up, this team surprises.  The good news is we can't embarrass ourselves at home anymore this season. :-[ 

Better things to come next season.

Go Jackrabbits!

Comment

Help!!!!!!!!!!!! when will this game end. Never has SDSU been beaten in Frost by 30 or more points.  This not the kind of record we want to set.  Thank goodness the game is over, no further comment.

Comment

Is there anyone to blame or do we just have to accept this ass kicking? I would never have expected a Nagy coached team to mail it in against anyone and this team has done it a number of times this year. There is clearly no leadership and maybe its time to go in a new direction. If the players don't want to be on the court they shouldn't be. There has to be someone who wants to play. I'm pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                            Better things to come next season.
                            Things sure as hell can't get any worse!!

Comment

First of all, I love the passion you fans show. Really I mean it.

I'm an SMSU fan. Your right, we have struggled this year, but SMSU has been playing well the last month or so. SMSU did lost to NDSU big at home, but lost on a last second shot in NDSU two weeks ago.

also lost to St.Cloud State on last second shot.

I guess I'm saying SMSU has won a region title and averaged nearly 19 wins over the past 6 years or so. SMSU just isn't that bad.

I know you don't want to hear any of this. But you guys have been awesome and will be once again.

good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X