Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU v Minnesota

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    Interesting how several of those message board experts who have seen Nate play once have him all figured out. It was hardly his best night. They talk about all the turnovers... do they realize he averaged 1 TO a game last year? Nope. They talk about his shooting percentage, 8-22. Hardly typical. You think Nate wouldn't be even better if he had some of those Minnesota players to pass to?

The main thing I agree with on that thread: Tubby doesn't recruit Minnesota as well as he should. And I hope that continues for a long, long time.
    You can go back and look at Nate's career against Minnesota-
    FG's PTS AS TO REB
    09 6-13 14 5 7
    10 6-15 16 11 7 4
    11 8-22 20 6 3 5

I don't know if that chart will work out but that's how Nate does against them.

Comment

Nate has to press when we play good teams. If we switched PGs and took whoever the **** they had I'm sure he would have lit the world on fire...
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

[QUOTE=91jack;188596]You can go back and look at Nate's career against Minnesota-
        YR FG's PTS AS TO REB
        09 6-13 14 - 5 7
        10 6-15 16 11 7 4
        11 8-22 20 6 3 5

I don't know if that chart will work out but that's how Nate does against them. He shot good his freshman year but the other 2 years he shot around 38%. This year he only had 3 TO's which is his best. His numbers aren't that bad for going on the road and playing a Big 10 team, I'd call them good though. Getting 5 rebounds and 8 assists are good. He shot good 1 year and didn't turn the ball over 1 year.

I would like to see more from Prince before I make an opinion on him. I loved his rebounding and his aggressiveness but other than that, it's up in the air. He had 13 points but he shot 30% FG's and 50% FT's. That's not a great %. He also had 1 steal and 4 TO's. He is a freshman and this was early in the season against a Big 10 team so he should only get better.

I also noticed that both Zach's played. I thought that since Horstman played before, he'd play some but I didn't know about Monaghan. It would have been nice if Heemstra would have got more than 3 minutes.

I listened to the game on the radio so I didn't see it. This is just what I got from it.

Comment

[QUOTE=91jack;188599]
          Originally posted by 91jack View Post
          Y
          I also noticed that both Zach's played. I thought that since Horstman played before, he'd play some but I didn't know about Monaghan. It would have been nice if Heemstra would have got more than 3 minutes.

I listened to the game on the radio so I didn't see it. This is just what I got from it.
          Heemstra doesn't have the foot speed or quickness to keep up with bigs like Minnesota has. Would have been a huge liability on the defensive end. He hasn't developed enough of a "back to the basket" game to have helped offensively. I think he got about as much time as he deserved.

Only way we compete in that game is if Tubby underestimates Wolters (he didn't) or we shoot the lights out from 3 while getting the same effort on the boards we did and the Gophs miss open 3's. The shooting wasn't there, so we lost a game we were able to keep close for 25 minutes. This team will get better and can compete with anybody in the Summit league on any given night. We couldn't say that before this year.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Agree with your comments, JackMD. When Heemstra came into the game, he got a turnover on his first possession, went to the other end of the floor and picked up a foul right away. That caused Nagy to put Dykstra right back in. It is very unfortunate IMO that Jordan had the accident on Saturday, as there was little doubt that he was hampered a lot by the foot problem. In all reality, he probably shouldn't have played, but knowing him, I'm sure he wanted to play. As it was, Nagy had to keep switching lineups, trying with Tony and Griffin to deal with a decided height disadvantage. I believe from what I have read that the Bulldogs are more guard oriented, which at least might help under the basket some. But it will obviously be another very tough game for us.

Comment

Roundtable discussion on ESPN: Minnesota's Mbakwe is the best big man in the Big 10. I've heard others saying he'll be a top 15 draftee for the NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                Roundtable discussion on ESPN: Minnesota's Mbakwe is the best big man in the Big 10. I've heard others saying he'll be a top 15 draftee for the NBA.
                The best big man whose name doesn't rhyme with Smared Smullinger?
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                X