2011-2012 Men's Roster...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011-2012 Men's Roster...

As far as the scholarship issue. technically Stephensens scholarship is on the books for this semester but since they aren't full it doesn't matter. If hypothetically we were full and he left we could offer one to a JuCo or transfer to come it at semester.

I'm hearing some really good things about Taevaunn Prince. I heard he is cousins with former Texas and 4th overall pick Tristan Thompson? I also heard that Texas looked hard at him, (they recruit Canada hard). He lost some weight and is in tip top shape. Was 230+ his senior year and is now in that 210 range. More of the pass first type of point guard but can score and is a strong point guard as well. Everything I've heard about him in high school was that he was a mid-high D-I recruit if he was in shape. Now he is in shape, so I'm expecting good things.

Comment

Does anyone know if the scrimmage against Mankato tonight is open to the public?
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        Does anyone know if the scrimmage against Mankato tonight is open to the public?
        During chat today,Terry V.said it wasn't open to the public or media.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          Pre-season scrimmages against other schools are not open to the public. That's why they're called "scrimmages" and not "exhibition games."
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Pre-season scrimmages against other schools are not open to the public. That's why they're called "scrimmages" and not "exhibition games."
            I know other schools have scrimmages that are open to the public and media. A lot of times they are intersquad, but they are still termed as "scrimmages," hence the question.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Though the scrimmage isn't "open" to the public/media, it wouldn't surprise me if you could swing on by and watch and nobody would say anything to you.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

It seems people have been able to walk in and get a glance at "practice" before, although i could be wrong. I don't think they call every "practice" an "exhibition game" or "regular game" either.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
                  It seems people have been able to walk in and get a glance at "practice" before, although i could be wrong. I don't think they call every "practice" an "exhibition game" or "regular game" either.
                  What is the def. Of "it"?
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                    Though the scrimmage isn't "open" to the public/media, it wouldn't surprise me if you could swing on by and watch and nobody would say anything to you.
                    Actually, this would constitute an NCAA violation.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Actually, this would constitute an NCAA violation.
                      If it would constitute an NCAA Violation, how can we even think we will be okay? Just having a little fun here.

Comment

Wouldn't want an NCAA violation (where did you get that Filbert?), but from a reliable insider source will report a few comments: Jacks looked pretty good (unofficial score around 94-60) and Mankato has some pretty good athletes as well. As for performances, besides the players who started or saw a lot of playing time last year, there were some very good contributions from some of the newcomers. Prince is ready to play (strong and solid) and will see a lot of playing time. Zach Monoghan saw a lot of playing time also, and made some very impressive moves. Zach Horstman also got some good minutes, and their were brief appearances by Joey Fielmeier. And a couple of returning players who did well: Brayden Carlson got a lot of time and looked very good, and Marcus Heemstra also looked improved. The defensive effort was pretty good and for the first nine minutes of the second half, they held Mankato to eight points. But there were some other times when the defense broke down.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                          Wouldn't want an NCAA violation (where did you get that Filbert?), but from a reliable insider source will report a few comments: Jacks looked pretty good (unofficial score around 94-60) and Mankato has some pretty good athletes as well. As for performances, besides the players who started or saw a lot of playing time last year, there were some very good contributions from some of the newcomers. Prince is ready to play (strong and solid) and will see a lot of playing time. Zach Monoghan saw a lot of playing time also, and made some very impressive moves. Zach Horstman also got some good minutes, and their were brief appearances by Joey Fielmeier. And a couple of returning players who did well: Brayden Carlson got a lot of time and looked very good, and Marcus Heemstra also looked improved. The defensive effort was pretty good and for the first nine minutes of the second half, they held Mankato to eight points. But there were some other times when the defense broke down.
                          Thanks for the update on how we are looking. I am guessing but Filbert might be coming at from the angle that each member can schedule a given amount of games and include so many exhibitions, and opening this scrimmiage to the public makes it one extra exhibition game assuming we are at the limit in terms of scheduled games and exhibitions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                            Thanks! Good info like always. Any news on White or Fiegen? I'm hoping these guys to have a big year.
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

It's buried somewhere in the NCAA manual . . . pre-season scrimmages between two colleges have to be closed to the public and to media, otherwise they count as exhibition games. (Now, there may be wiggle room somewhere in there regarding number of exhibition games you can play, but still it's best to let sleeping NCAAs lie--or lay, as the case may be.)
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Forest for trees here, folks. Most important lines in this thread are the observations that Heemstra looks noticeably improved and newcomers already look like they're contributing with noticeable skills. If this is so, Jacks are going to be a whole lot better.

Comment

Working...
                                X