Sophomore Jordan Dykstra 6-8 42 Forward Rock Valley, Iowa
    Freshman Joey Feilmeier (Walk on) 6-1 5 Guard N. Sioux City, Iowa
    Freshman Alex Olson (Walk on) 6-1 10 Guard Brookfield, Wisconsin
    Freshman Zach Monaghan 6-2 22 Guard Palatine, Illinois
    Freshman Corey Jacobsen (Walk on) 6-1 23 Guard Viborg, South Dakota
    Freshman Zach Horstman 6-6 24 Forward Winner, South Dakota
    Recruits
    Graduates Name Height Number Position From

Sorry, got busy at work and didn't finish this the same day I did the women's

Re: 2011-2012 Men's Roster...

I was in WalMart the other day talking to Aireus and he is much taller than 6'...I'm 6'1" and I looked up to him. It might of been because I had flip flops on but I doubt it. Psych tactic?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
      I was in WalMart the other day talking to Aireus and he is much taller than 6'...I'm 6'1" and I looked up to him. It might of been because I had flip flops on but I doubt it. Psych tactic?
      could be I typo'd too, will check tomorrow.

Comment

I remember comments from the time of the move up to D1 stating that local athletes would no longer get the opportunity to play for SDSU. I see a 13 man roster with 5 SD boys and a total of 9 players that can be seen as local. Another D1 myth crushed.
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Can local kids get to the NCAA tournament? I believe they can, but it's still to be seen.

Also, it's still unacceptable that no big bodies were added to the roster. That was priority #1 during recruiting season and nothing was accomplished.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Local kids have gone to the NCAA tourney just not with SDSU. Michael Tveidt, Mike Miller

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              Can local kids get to the NCAA tournament? I believe they can, but it's still to be seen.

Also, it's still unacceptable that no big bodies were added to the roster. That was priority #1 during recruiting season and nothing was accomplished.
              Agree on both points,but especially on the second. The Jacks are one injury or illness (or even foul trouble) away from being in trouble at the 4/5 spots. Jordan,Tony and Marcus are all going to have to play major minutes all season long. The clock is ticking on Nate's remaining eligibility - two years and counting.

Comment

I think they can get to the tournament with a SD roster......if they could get them here.

Imagine a roster last year that had........

6'10" Colton Iverson
                6'9" Sam Willard
                6'7" Michael Tveidt
                6'8" Cody Larsen

.....and then this year you bring in a 6'9" Cedric Lang.

The problem is with 4 universities in the Dakotas there isn't enough local talent for all 4 schools to be successful. You have to look outside the state also. I love to see SD kids on the roster but 6'0" walk-ons probably aren't going to be the answer to our prayers.
                Last edited by NebraskaJack; 07-17-2011, 01:06 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Do we have just 10 scholarship players on the 2011/2012 roster? I realize we can use them next year, but seems a shame we can't be at full allowable strength.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Agree on both points,but especially on the second. The Jacks are one injury or illness (or even foul trouble) away from being in trouble at the 4/5 spots. Jordan,Tony and Marcus are all going to have to play major minutes all season long. The clock is ticking on Nate's remaining eligibility - two years and counting.
                    I'm going to push back on this "clock is ticking" eligibility window thing around a single player that keeps cropping up in this thread. The clock is always ticking. This is the SDSU Jackrabbits, not the Single Player University Jackrabbits. Implying that time is running out to get players around him is a slap at the other very good players on the roster. He's a great player, no doubt, but he's not the only reason the Jacks are picked to do well next season.

Comment

I agree with NoVa on this "clock ticking" stuff. Enough already. Nate's a great player, but he's not the last basketball stud we'll see in a Jackrabbit uniform. SDSU basketball didn't start with him, and it won't end with him.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                        I agree with NoVa on this "clock ticking" stuff. Enough already. Nate's a great player, but he's not the last basketball stud we'll see in a Jackrabbit uniform. SDSU basketball didn't start with him, and it won't end with him.
                        I think what bigticket1 was getting at is that we didn't bring in one, not one big man this year. Heck, not one no-skill bruiser that just wants to bang and rebound and foul some people hard. One big body to take some of the load off of others, others that quite frankly haven't shown the willingness to bang, rebound, foul hard, play anything that resembles defense, etc. So yes, put me in the camp that the clock is ticking on Nate's eligibility. It is absolutely foolish to think that we will land players like him on a regular basis.
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                          I think what bigticket1 was getting at is that we didn't bring in one, not one big man this year. Heck, not one no-skill bruiser that just wants to bang and rebound and foul some people hard. One big body to take some of the load off of others, others that quite frankly haven't shown the willingness to bang, rebound, foul hard, play anything that resembles defense, etc. So yes, put me in the camp that the clock is ticking on Nate's eligibility. It is absolutely foolish to think that we will land players like him on a regular basis.
                          Put me in that category as well. If we think were going to land a point guard with Nate's abilities on a regular basis than were fooling ourselves. We clearly have not gotten it done on the recruiting end in terms of landing a big,tough, physical player so other players can play their natural positions and that lands squarely on the coaches.

Comment

Yea you guys are right, I mean come on we only landed one 6'8" and one 6'9" player in the 2010 class and only have one 6’9” kid verballed in the 2012 class.

Sure the two kids from 2010 were both nationally ranked and one had committed to Big XII Iowa State and yea he was a starter as a true freshmen and ok I hear they both have had terrific summers and put on muscle but come on we didn’t get a big in 2011. These guys coaching our team don’t know what they are doing the sky is falling. Really it is.

Sure as we have moved through the D-I transition our record keeps getting better but that doesn’t really matter because Nate only has two years left. We will never be good after he leaves. I mean we all knew how good Nate was after his 1st season. Nobody on this board doubted his ability to play. I am actually going to get rid of my season tickets after the 2012-2013 season. I mean what's the point, right?

In case you can’t tell this is hard core sarcasm. If you think that Nate is the end all and be all that is cool. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think he is a heck of a player and I am so happy he is on our team but I am not ready to hit the panic button because we didn’t get a big in the 2011 class.

I have watched a lot of mid-major basketball and I know we can be successful with the TEAM we have now. Nate is a big part of that TEAM but he is not the only part. That is my point.

One last thing, who were the members of the genius coaching staff that landed Nate?

Comment

yep, we might very well be saying next year that Dykstra is the best player on the team and how Nate needs to compliment him. We missed adding good pieces that help right now but I feel have recruited guys who will help us win. If you havent noticed not a lot of mid majors have a 6-10 banger who only rebounds and plays D. There is a lot of would have could have should have that we can talk about, but it doesnt change the fact we have a team that IMHO will be playing in the championship game with the chance of going to the tourny on the line.

I do feel it is almost on the admin and AD to give the program everything it needs to compete, not just to pratice but to recruit, so full amount of assistant coaches, new practice facility etc...... The coaching staff for years has been short handed and only able to travel so much or recruit. so much of it is from the lack of their own resources. Which can affect the schools ability to land the ever elusive skilled post that we apparently can't win with out.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X