2011-2012 Men's Roster...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011-2012 Men's Roster...

I watch these guys practice here and there and they are looking pretty good. Dykstra and Heemstra are bigger and are going to help in the middle a lot. Nate is tearing it up, he makes it look too easy. I also counted 16 or 17 guys on the court, not the 13 mentioned earlier. I think we may have had some late in the game JuCo guys or something.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksdistance View Post
      I watch these guys practice here and there and they are looking pretty good. Dykstra and Heemstra are bigger and are going to help in the middle a lot. Nate is tearing it up, he makes it look too easy. I also counted 16 or 17 guys on the court, not the 13 mentioned earlier. I think we may have had some late in the game JuCo guys or something.
      there are 16 on the official roster: http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...43&SPSID=64548

I don't see any one on it that hasn't been mentioned here at least. Since these practices aren't official, I believe that occasionally other students on campus can be invited to scrimmage along with the team. Seams last year that there was a student working out with the team that had transferred from a CC that everyone thought was going to be on the team. Not sure what happened with that, but he was never on the 'official roster'.

Comment

I think the 13 was before the 2 international freshman joined and Austin Hennings (walk-on transfer) joined the team. Could also be a practice player in there as well.

There are 7 freshman and a total of 8 newcomers however only 4 of them are scholarship.

Comment

Could be practice guys, graduate assistants from other sports, other students, etc.

I played a lot of pickup games with the basketball team. It could really be anyone.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

This is going to sound weird. But a friend of mine tagged a picture with Prince and his shirt was off. All I'll say is he isn't the chubby guard that is shown on his highlight video anymore. Looked to be in A+ shape and 1 ripped player.

Comment

Checked the updated roster and am trying to figure out where we stand on scholarships. If I remember correctly,Olson,Jacobsen and Feitmeier are walk-ons. Is Hennings a walk-on,or is he on scholarship ? Is he eligible this year since he is transferring in from a lower classification ? And when Griff and Stephensen go off the books after this season,how many scholarships are available to offer for the 2012-13 season ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Checked the updated roster and am trying to figure out where we stand on scholarships. If I remember correctly,Olson,Jacobsen and Feitmeier are walk-ons. Is Hennings a walk-on,or is he on scholarship ? Is he eligible this year since he is transferring in from a lower classification ? And when Griff and Stephensen go off the books after this season,how many scholarships are available to offer for the 2012-13 season ?
                Stephensen left the team.

Comment

We have one commit so far for next year,so we have 2 left to fill.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    Stephensen left the team.
                    I realize that,but his scholarship doesn't come off the books until after this season.

Comment

I realize that,but his scholarship doesn't come off the books until after this season.
                      why keep his scholarship in the books after he left?
                      Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

He'll lose his scholarship for next semester. If they wanted to, they could bring in another JUCO starting in the spring. (And I realize there are already scholarships available)
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

CBS Sports Top 100 College Basketball Players just came out and Nate Wolters did not make the cut (only Summit League player listed was Reggie Hamilton at #96), but gets an interesting shout out in the introduction:

But in being as objective as possible, and using a formidable, fair nomination method between the four of us, we feel we accurately and rightfully assembled the true tally of talent in hoops for 2011-12. We eliminated all agendas as best we could. That meant Jeff Goodman couldn't force the Arizona guys into high positions, Gary Parrish was curbed from getting three Memphis players in the top 15, Matt Norlander's love of South Dakota State's Nate Wolters went unrequited and Jeff Borzello's plea to include the guys with the best "bro factor" went largely ignored.
                          Apparently Nate is loved by some, but not by all, but hopefully by the end of the season he is at least feared by all.
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                            CBS Sports Top 100 College Basketball Players just came out and Nate Wolters did not make the cut (only Summit League player listed was Reggie Hamilton at #96), but gets an interesting shout out in the introduction:

Apparently Nate is loved by some, but not by all, but hopefully by the end of the season he is at least feared by all.
                            He did make Norlander's list of top 30 pg's.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...story/15764624
                            Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

Alex Young (IUPUI) didn't make the list???

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                                Alex Young (IUPUI) didn't make the list???
                                Out of all the preseason lists I have seen (Summit and Nation) there seems to be a concensus that the top 4 players in the league are Nate, Young, Morrison, and Hamilton, but their isn't a consensus on what order they're in. Most National rankings aren't going to put 4 Summit League players on them, so they chose 1 or 2 of these players, and lot of it seems to based on whether the author favors point guards or swing men (if Nate or Reggie is listed, the other isn't far behind, and same goes with Young and Morrison).

Honestly, a pretty good case can be made for any of the 4, as their stats are pretty similar down the line. It's going to be a fun year in the Summit League.
                                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                                - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X