Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NDSU

Something to ponder:
    Nagy won six straight over NDSU leading into and during the transition into D-1, including a couple of real thumpings of the BZun that first year. Was he in their head then? He was 14-6 against the Bizun until the latest unpleasantness. Regarding the streak, until the last two years, for a variety of reasons we all know about, NDSU had better players up and down the roster. NDSU won a double OT game last year in which they pulled a couple shots out of the air at the end to keep the game going. It happens. If one of those treys bangs off the rim no one is talking about a streak, and the gloaters from the north would not be down here in false consolation.

It's apparent that we don't match well with them this year, just like WIU doesn't match well with us. We played badly in Farko this week; it happens. But if we meet again in Sioux Falls, I'd still put money on our guys.

This will pass, and it will be great when the streak is broken...

Chill pills for everyone....

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post

Thank you...I needed that.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
        I didn't get to listen to the postgame, so let me know if I'm misinterpreting your post, but if Nagy said "I didn't do my Job"...how is that putting it all on the players?

sorry just finally getting back to this thread... the first two comments were what I Expected to hear from him... and didn't. The third was said.. The fourth was an interpretation of how I took his statements.

I was a little perturbed at the point I was typing. Sorry about the ambiguity in the typing.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          Something to ponder:
          Nagy won six straight over NDSU leading into and during the transition into D-1, including a couple of real thumpings of the BZun that first year. Was he in their head then? He was 14-6 against the Bizun until the latest unpleasantness. Regarding the streak, until the last two years, for a variety of reasons we all know about, NDSU had better players up and down the roster. NDSU won a double OT game last year in which they pulled a couple shots out of the air at the end to keep the game going. It happens. If one of those treys bangs off the rim no one is talking about a streak, and the gloaters from the north would not be down here in false consolation.

It's apparent that we don't match well with them this year, just like WIU doesn't match well with us. We played badly in Farko this week; it happens. But if we meet again in Sioux Falls, I'd still put money on our guys.

They still stomped us in Brookings, but okay.. I thought you just said we don't match up well against them this year. I'm sorry to say but our guys seem satisfied with what they have done this year. I'm sure some positive criticism from Nagy would get them fired up properly for the upcoming stretch.. but coming from Nagy, that will never happen.

Comment

Working...
          X