NDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NDSU

Would i love to have had Tviedt? Of course. But what has he done out of the shadow of Woody and company? Zip. He was just a role player on the NDSU team that went to the NCAA Tourney.

In the last two years since Woody and company have been gone, NDSU has been just mediocre at best. They'll finish below .500 again this year and will exit in the first round of the SL Tourney for the second year in a row. Like one Bison fan on here said, that's all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
      nope, I never said we were good, but have been better than SDSU twice this season and 8 before that. That team Nagy brought out last night would have been rolled by UND
      We have twice "rolled" the team that "rolled" UND. We would thump UND...unless they wore jerseys that said BISON on the front.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        Clint Sargent, a career 41% shooter, has shot 26% against the Bison in the seven games he has played against them.
        And Wolters is at 30% in games vs NDSU. What's your point?

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
          Would i love to have had Tviedt? Of course. But what has he done out of the shadow of Woody and company? Zip. He was just a role player on the NDSU team that went to the NCAA Tourney.

In the last two years since Woody and company have been gone, NDSU has been just mediocre at best. They'll finish below .500 again this year and will exit in the first round of the SL Tourney for the second year in a row. Like one Bison fan on here said, that's all that matters.
          Tveidt is averaging over 15 points a game the past two seasons, I wouldn't be blaming him for the team's mediocrity. One player can only do so much, especially when that player is a wing player and is playing on a team that hasn't had a true point guard that can log a lot of minutes since Woody graduated.

Comment

Thinking about last night's game still makes me nauseous, but it was just one game in a season of 30-some. A major off-game, for sure. I don't buy entirely into the headgame theory. Players have changed during the 10-game losing streak. The head coach has stayed the same. I'm a fan of Coach Nagy, but obviously he's got to change the way he preps the Jacks for the Bison. Like others have noted, saying "I don't know the answer," is not an acceptable or inspiring reaction to a bad loss. How about playing with confidence?
            Last edited by Jacked_Up; 02-26-2011, 05:32 PM.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by ViciousCircle View Post
              And Wolters is at 30% in games vs NDSU. What's your point?
              The point is that he shoots considerably below his regular percentage against NDSU. Apparently, so does Wolters. I would guess the same could be said of several current and former SDSU players.

I'm a huge fan of Sargent and his talents, wasn't trying to knock him, but its pretty apparent even to me that he plays less than great against the Bison.

Earlier in the season an opponent's coach said that to beat SDSU you have to contain Sargent (I think it was Sutton, but I could be wrong about that). It would appear the Bison have figured out a way to not only contain, but stop Sargent.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Not sure why all the furor over ending up with Cordova vs Tveidt. It happens at most every program in all sports. One scholarship available with offers out to more than one player - first to commit gets the prize. Happened wiyh Dykstra and Gruis. If the coaching staff waits until both make up their minds,they both might choose to go elsewhere - then everyone would be all over the coaching staff. Also, I don't think coaches can afford to try and predict how signing a current player might affect signing prospects from that high school 4 or 6 or 8 years down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Not sure why all the furor over ending up with Cordova vs Tveidt. It happens at most every program in all sports. One scholarship available with offers out to more than one player - first to commit gets the prize. Happened wiyh Dykstra and Gruis. If the coaching staff waits until both make up their minds,they both might choose to go elsewhere - then everyone would be all over the coaching staff. Also, I don't think coaches can afford to try and predict how signing a current player might affect signing prospects from that high school 4 or 6 or 8 years down the road.

Agreed this is what I have heard happened as well.

2 players were both offered one scholarship. Both players knew the first one to accept it would get it - other would no longer have the offer. Cordova accepted first. Unfortunately, there was no other scholarships left for Tveidt.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
                    Agreed this is what I have heard happened as well.

2 players were both offered one scholarship. Both players knew the first one to accept it would get it - other would no longer have the offer. Cordova accepted first. Unfortunately, there was no other scholarships left for Tveidt.
                    I know for a FACT that this has happened in the past. I was coaching track at the time, and one of my athletes rode to a meet with his Dad so they could stop at SDSU on their way to the meet.

The Dad was pissed off, because Nagy was demanding a decision that day, or he was moving on to someone else.

Now, I didn't think much of it at the time. My thoughts were, well Coach has probably got several irons in the fire, and he needs to know which ones he can count on.

I still think the same way.

Tveidt is a great player. That's the way it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

As Michael Corleone said "It's just business"

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                        I know for a FACT that this has happened in the past. I was coaching track at the time, and one of my athletes rode to a meet with his Dad so they could stop at SDSU on their way to the meet.

The Dad was pissed off, because Nagy was demanding a decision that day, or he was moving on to someone else.

Now, I didn't think much of it at the time. My thoughts were, well Coach has probably got several irons in the fire, and he needs to know which ones he can count on.

I still think the same way.

I agree. And I wasn't saying Tveidt is this great player that SDSU couldn't go without. I was just stating that Tveidt was unhappy with how it went and I thought Nagy could have picked a better day than a State playoff game. That's all nothing else. Things like this happen and I agreed that Pierre's head coach would pass it on if he felt it went wrong. Nidaros turned everything around like I was mad or something. Just trying to state my case here.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                          I agree. And I wasn't saying Tveidt is this great player that SDSU couldn't go without. I was just stating that Tveidt was unhappy with how it went and I thought Nagy could have picked a better day than a State playoff game. That's all nothing else. Things like this happen and I agreed that Pierre's head coach would pass it on if he felt it went wrong. Nidaros turned everything around like I was mad or something. Just trying to state my case here.
                          You have stated your case, it does not really matter now as we have seen the last of Michael Tveidt. I will not hold my breath on the other two guys from Pierre and how the shabby Nagy treatment will affect them. Like the other Michael, Michael Corleone, was quoted brilliantly by Roy "Its just business".
                          Last edited by Nidaros; 02-26-2011, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                            Thinking about last night's game still makes me nauseous, but it was just one game in a season of 30-some. A major off-game, for sure. I don't buy entirely into the headgame theory. Players have changed during the 10-losing streak. The head coach has stayed the same. I'm a fan of Coach Nagy, but obviously he's got to change the way he preps the Jacks for the Bison. Like others have noted, saying "I don't know the answer," is not an acceptable or inspiring reaction to a bad loss. How about playing with confidence?
                            The thing to do to cure the nausea is to go look at the Honey badger video on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wH...layer_embedded

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              The thing to do to cure the nausea is to go look at the Honey badger video on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wH...layer_embedded
                              Now I've got you doing it.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Thanks, Nidaros and Filbert. I still feel a little nauseous, but not about the game.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X