X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NDSU

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    We needed better ball movement.

From the opening tip, Sargent and Wolters were trying to win this thing all by themselves.

When we move the ball around the perimeter, we're tough to beat. We can rebound better despite our small size when we work the ball around, we are in a better position to get back on D, everything just works better. Then, once things are rolling, Nate can start taking it to the rack.

It would be really interesting to know how many passes on average we have before a shot for the season and for tonight.
    There sure did seem to be a lot of one-and-done long-range shots tonight.

Some more patience on offense would probably have been a good idea.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      Senior Failure:

Clint Sargent: two points, one rebound
      Dale Moss: six points. three rebounds
      Payton Tivis: three points, one rebound.

Eleven points and five rebounds from our seniors. Not acceptable.
      Good thing Clint was getting his back worked on in the training room today...

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        Against WIU on our senior night, Nagy pulled Moss, Sargent, and Tivis at 3:06. I don't recall anyone begging Nagy to pour it on.
        That was against WIU, I was talking about the game tonight. Whatever, spin it however you'd like, it's your board. I guess it must make you all sleep better at night knowing you have the market cornered on class.

Comment

Originally posted by StefaniGermanotta View Post
          So you're saying he probably shouldn't have been on the court at all today?

Two points.

One rebound.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

On of TV comments during the live chat in reference to our ability and etc, was the problem was in :"in between the ears". We do have a head case about NDSU and how they beat us. How is it we have won two in a row on the road more than once and they lost both games. Its not about talent or the lack there of, its about wanting to win. Can anyone say we were in the game to win tonight? I do not think we were. There is always redemption in a SF matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by StefaniGermanotta View Post
              And, out of curiosity, how many Bison were in the training room today getting worked on?

It's 29 games into the season. Almost everybody has some kind of ache or pain or injury.

Not an excuse.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

So you're saying he probably shouldn't have been on the court at all today?

Two points.

One rebound.
                Maybe not. He's been fighting a couple injuries for about a month. That said, you can go down the list of players tonight and cherry pick bad play every where.Somebody had to play.

Comment

Winners get to decide how to celebrate.

If you don't like how people choose to celebrate, work harder at beating them.
                  No doubt.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    On of TV comments during the live chat in reference to our ability and etc, was the problem was in :"in between the ears". We do have a head case about NDSU and how they beat us. How is it we have won two in a row on the road more than oncee and they lost both games. Its not about talent or the lack there of, its about wanting to win. Can anyone say we were in the game to win tonight? I do not think we were. There is always redemption in a SF matchup.
                    I think part of it is that Saul Phillips has put together a team in NDSU that's pretty much designed to take apart teams like SDSU--fairly weak interior teams with good outside shooting. That's part of the problem right there.

I don't think NDSU's players are, day in and day out, as talented as SDSU's. They are stronger inside than SDSU. They're probably not quite as good from the outside, but they're plenty good enough. What NDSU does do, consistently, is raise their level of play when they meet SDSU.

Our players, for whatever reason, don't raise the level of their game when they play NDSU. So, instead of Sargent going nuts and 8-10 with six 3's, he goes zero-for-10. Zero for 10.

0 for 10.

Some of that is on Sargent, but I also think that there's a coaching issue in there somewhere. There is something that Nagy does, or doesn't do, in preparation for the NDSU game that basically wraps his team in cellophane and prevents them from playing like they usually do.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

There sure did seem to be a lot of one-and-done long-range shots tonight.

Some more patience on offense would probably have been a good idea.
                      A lot of long range shots have pretty much been the way we've rolled all year -" you live by the three,you die by the three "

Comment

I think part of it is that Saul Phillips has put together a team in NDSU that's pretty much designed to take apart teams like SDSU--fairly weak interior teams with good outside shooting. That's part of the problem right there.

I don't think NDSU's players are, day in and day out, as talented as SDSU's. They are stronger inside than SDSU. They're probably not quite as good from the outside, but they're plenty good enough. What NDSU does do, consistently, is raise their level of play when they meet SDSU.

Our players, for whatever reason, don't raise the level of their game when they play NDSU. So, instead of Sargent going nuts and 8-10 with six 3's, he goes zero-for-10. Zero for 10.

0 for 10.

Some of that is on Sargent, but I also think that there's a coaching issue in there somewhere. There is something that Nagy does, or doesn't do, in preparation for the NDSU game that basically wraps his team in cellophane and prevents them from playing like they usually do.
                        Make that 4-27 against NDSU this year.

I'm a big fan of Clint, but he has to show up.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

SDSU guys need get after it like the Honey Badger. (You-tube video, audio NSFW)
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

SDSU guys need get after it like the Honey Badger. (You-tube video, audio NSFW)
                            I think Honey Badger should be Griff's nickname.

Every night except tonight.

Comment

I think part of it is that Saul Phillips has put together a team in NDSU that's pretty much designed to take apart teams like SDSU--fairly weak interior teams with good outside shooting. That's part of the problem right there. I AGREE

I don't think NDSU's players are, day in and day out, as talented as SDSU's. They are stronger inside than SDSU. They're probably not quite as good from the outside, but they're plenty good enough. What NDSU does do, consistently, is raise their level of play when they meet SDSU. Coach Jerry Reid of SUU said that SDSU was a better team than NDSU after playing both on their home floor. Reid has been around bb for a long time

0 for 10.

Your points are well taken, and in reference to one of your earlier posts, about players in the training room, a related comment might explain tonight. TV in his blog said Moss and Wolters missed Thursday practice due to illness, not sure if its a flu, but if these two are not 100 per cent that has an impact on our performance tonigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                Your points are well taken, and in reference to one of your earlier posts, about players in the training room, a related comment might explain tonight. TV in his blog said Moss and Wolters missed Thursday practice due to illness, not sure if its a flu, but if these two are not 100 per cent that has an impact on our performance tonigh.
                                And after all the wailing and gnashing of teeth over tonight's disaster is done, the only difference between a #4 and a #5 seed in the tournament is the color of the uniform you're wearing . . .
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X