2011-12 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011-12 Schedule

This is the latest SDSU Summit League schedule for 2011-12 (as of Feb 2010):

Thu Nov 25 - Thanksgiving Day

Thu Dec 1 - @ IUPUI

Sat Dec 3 - @ Western Illinois
    Sat Dec 25 - Christmas Day
    Wed Dec 28 - IPFW
    Fri Dec 30 - Oakland
    Sat Jan 1 - New Year's Day
    Thu Jan 5 - @ Southern Utah
    Sat Jan 7 - @ Oral Roberts
    Thu Jan 12 - UMKC
    Sat Jan 14 - USD
    Mon Jan 16 - Martin Luther King Day
    Sat Jan 21 - @ NDSU
    Thu Jan 26 - @ Oakland
    Sat Jan 28 - @ IPFW
    Thu Feb 2 - Oral Roberts
    Sat Feb 4 - Southern Utah
    Thu Feb 9 - @ USD
    Sat Feb 11 - @ UMKC
    Wed Feb 15 - NDSU
    Sat Feb 18 - Bracketbuster TBA
    Mon Feb 21 - President's Day
    Thu Feb 23 - Western Illinois
    Sat Feb 25 - IUPUI

2012 Summit League Tournament March 3-6, 2012 (Sat-Tue), Sioux Falls, S.D.

Add updates, comments, etc., etc in this thread as the schedule comes together.

Suggested format:
    Non-Conference: Black
    Conference: Blue
    Home: Bold

Last edited by filbert; 02-16-2011, 04:40 PM. Reason: got the season years right now - edited MLK date
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: 2011-12 Schedule

Minor point, but I'm sure you meant to reference it as 2011-12 schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
      Minor point, but I'm sure you meant to reference it as 2011-12 schedule.
      Yeah, that was one of those notice-it-just-immediately-after-you-hit-Post things . . .
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Had to play them some time, but saddening that the tough duo of IPFW/Oakland are the games between Christmas and New Years, with limited student support. Really like to have those two teams (along with ORU) experience Frost stuffed with rabid Rabbit fans.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          Had to play them some time, but saddening that the tough duo of IPFW/Oakland are the games between Christmas and New Years, with limited student support. Really like to have those two teams (along with ORU) experience Frost stuffed with rabid Rabbit fans.
          That and we still make the NDSU, Oakland, IPFW road swing.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

NDSU on a Wed night? that sucks

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
              That just means that the promotions people (backed by the power of LEARFIELD!!!!!!! ) have to bust their humps big-time and sell-sell-sell those two games.

Frankly, given Oakland's record the past few years in the conference, there's no reason (other than bad weather) why that game should ever, EVER draw less than 4,000.

And IPFW? I hate 'em. (You had to know that was coming.)

My wildest-dreams fantasy is that somebody at SDSU/USD/Summit League has an "in" with ESPN, such that they put that first USD-SDSU game on ESPN or ESPN2 -- heck, play it at midnight! That would be pretty darn wild. I wonder if that will be "Rivalry Week" next year?

. . . OK, playing it at midnight might not be a very good idea at all, come to think of it . . .
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Wait a minute--a new idea!

A new course, Introduction To Crowd Dynamics--make it a psychology course, maybe a "Special Topics" or something, held Dec. 28-Dec. 31.

Course description:
                This is a lab-based course, studying the behavior of people in large groups when attending indoor sporting events. There will be an orientation lecture which will include common chants, cheers, and songs used, their desired effects upon the crowd, and then small-group discussions of impromptu and crowd-generated chants and activities which might arise and amuse in such situations.

There will be eight labs:
                December 28,
                December 29,
                December 30,
                December 31,
                January 14,
                January 16,
                February 15,
                February 18,
                all in Frost Arena. The labs are expected to last two hours, but students should be aware that the labs may run long.

Grading will be based primarily on creativity, good humor, and aural cohesiveness and intensity presented by the students during the labs.

Extra credit will be given for Jackrabbit wins.

Admission to this course limited to 3,000 students. Attendance to all labs is mandatory.

Maybe this should be in the "Crowd" thread.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Turning the page to next year, I was just wondering who we will have in our non conference contests. Would like to see another BCS school on the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks15 View Post
                    Turning the page to next year, I was just wondering who we will have in our non conference contests. Would like to see another BCS school on the schedule.
                    my GUESS

We will continue to play Minnesota probably sometime in December.

Probably going to play UNO at least once (@frost) and prolly in Omaha as well.

I'm sure they will try to schedule another money game somewhere.

Comment

Can't wait till Jan. 14!
                      When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                        my GUESS

We will continue to play Minnesota probably sometime in December.

Probably going to play UNO at least once (@frost) and prolly in Omaha as well.

I'm sure they will try to schedule another money game somewhere.
                        I've been hearing that Kansas might be on the schedule. We actually had them penciled in a couple of years ago but they had to change the date and we couldn't make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                          I've been hearing that Kansas might be on the schedule. We actually had them penciled in a couple of years ago but they had to change the date and we couldn't make it work.
                          We're playing the Jayhawks in football fall 2012 . . . is that maybe what you're thinking of or was it basketball-specific?
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            We're playing the Jayhawks in football fall 2012 . . . is that maybe what you're thinking of or was it basketball-specific?
                            Nope, it's in basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                              Nope, it's in basketball.
                              Hmmm . . .
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X