2011-12 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011-12 Schedule

Is Minnesota on next year's schedule? The terms of Iverson's release is that he cannot go to another Big Ten team or an opponent on next years schedule.

Comment

How about another go at Iowa? That was fun last year. And my guess is Iowa will be worse next year than they were this year. I give Fran another two years and he's gone. Let's go to Iowa City and grab another Big 10 win.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        How about another go at Iowa? That was fun last year. And my guess is Iowa will be worse next year than they were this year. I give Fran another two years and he's gone. Let's go to Iowa City and grab another Big 10 win.
        Why? Too easy. How about Kansas State next year without Pullen, or Nebraska, or KU...

Comment

how about............................................. .........cupcakes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6WPfo9qNSM

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            The general sense I get from Iowa fans is that they like what Fran is doing.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I think that the Missouri Valley would be a great place to get games. Maybe it would get us better known in the mid-majors. I feel that playing the big six conferences is a shot in the dark to get a win. Oakland had a different reason to play that tough schedule.

I would get rid of the D2 schools on our schedule as they aren't counted in the NCAA RPIs anyway.

Three home-homes I'd like to see: Creighton, USD, UNO right away.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
                I think that the Missouri Valley would be a great place to get games. Maybe it would get us better known in the mid-majors. I feel that playing the big six conferences is a shot in the dark to get a win. Oakland had a different reason to play that tough schedule.

I would get rid of the D2 schools on our schedule as they aren't counted in the NCAA RPIs anyway.

Three home-homes I'd like to see: Creighton, USD, UNO right away.

Thoughts?
                To be honest, I would not be completely surprised by home-and-homes with USD and UNO (even considering UNO will be a non-counter) next year. I wouldn't be totally surprised if UNO got at least one game with most, and home-and-homes with several of the league's schools next year.

The league has an interest in getting UNO off the ground in D-I as quickly as possible, and the only real way to do that is to help jump-start the men's basketball program and get them competitive as quickly as possible--and begin to get the Omaha market familiar with the Summit League teams.

Helping UNO out with the miserable transition years--especially the usually disastrous (for fan support) first year--would be important, I think. And UNO will already have enough problems maintaining, let alone building their Omaha fan base, what with the reactions to their D-I move and dropping of the football and wrestling programs, without being sent out to wander in the first-year-transition scheduling-nightmare wilderness.

Home and homes (not in the same year) with Valley teams would be nice but except for UNI, Valley teams have hitherto not seemed terribly willing to accept that kind of deal with SDSU. Maybe with a slightly more healthy RPI we might get a bit more consideration. (Have I mentioned lately how much I despise the RPI?)
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                  how about............................................. .........cupcakes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6WPfo9qNSM
                  We need to work on our never-to-be-sufficiently-damned RPI, unfortunately. And, since all the RPI is, is a glorified strength-of-schedule measure . . .
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    To be honest, I would not be completely surprised by home-and-homes with USD and UNO (even considering UNO will be a non-counter) next year. I wouldn't be totally surprised if UNO got at least one game with most, and home-and-homes with several of the league's schools next year.

The league has an interest in getting UNO off the ground in D-I as quickly as possible, and the only real way to do that is to help jump-start the men's basketball program and get them competitive as quickly as possible--and begin to get the Omaha market familiar with the Summit League teams.

Helping UNO out with the miserable transition years--especially the usually disastrous (for fan support) first year--would be important, I think. And UNO will already have enough problems maintaining, let alone building their Omaha fan base, what with the reactions to their D-I move and dropping of the football and wrestling programs, without being sent out to wander in the first-year-transition scheduling-nightmare wilderness.

Home and homes (not in the same year) with Valley teams would be nice but except for UNI, Valley teams have hitherto not seemed terribly willing to accept that kind of deal with SDSU. Maybe with a slightly more healthy RPI we might get a bit more consideration. (Have I mentioned lately how much I despise the RPI?)
                    Don't we already play USD twice next year in the conference schedule?
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post

I'm confused also. I'm sure USD would take a OOC home game with SDSU though...would probably take three.

Go Jacks!!
                      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        er, yeah. Duh. I blame insufficient caffeine.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                          I'm confused also. I'm sure USD would take a OOC home game with SDSU though...would probably take three.

Go Jacks!!
                          I really doubt that we would schedule USD for an OOC game next year, as we play them home and home in the conference.. UNO is a completely different situation, and if it could be worked out, I wouldn't be surprised to see them on next fall's schedule. They can play D-II games next year in the first year of the transition, so depending on what schedule they had already set up, they may not have a lot of open dates. Interesting fact that came out of the UN board hearings was that the transition has now been shortened to four years, so UNO would be eligible to play in the Summit tournament one year earlier than we (and USD) had the opportunity to play.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                            I've been hearing that Kansas might be on the schedule. We actually had them penciled in a couple of years ago but they had to change the date and we couldn't make it work.
                            Looks like i'm wrong,the Kansas game isn't happening. I did hear Nebraska and The University of Washington is on the schedule.

Comment

at Washington on December 18th.

http://www.gohuskies.com/sports/m-ba...kbl-sched.html

Comment

Per TV's twitter: Also discovered within the SDSU media day packet: Men's basketball plays at Minnesota, Georgia, Nebraska + Washington this season.
                                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Working...
                                X