Crowd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Crowd

IMO we need to have a more creative student section. Take a look at what UNI is doing with the "Interlude Dance". UNI was having the same issue we are discussing...no fire or energy from the crowd. Now you have students, parents and kids all taking part in this dance. One of the most creative things I've seen in a long time...nice work UNI! Take a look at this video and you'll see what i'm talking about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVcHX2ItNYY

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      Not to mention megaphones that the male cheerleaders use. They yell through them, hit them with their hands, and bang them on the floor.

Solution: Send a letter to the conference stating plans to move the band to the east end of the gym right next to the opponents bench like Oakland has it. Also mention in the letter that each member of the band will be armed with a cowbell. Unless, of course, the league would like to clarify their rule and allow the mascot/cheerleaders to use a cowbell.

All it would take is one cowbell used at the right times, and the place would go bezerk. If I remember correctly, in the early 90's very few people had cowbells. One or two guys would bring them to games and ring them at appropriate times.
      Yeah, I thought of that, actually . . . and if necessary, I'd pony up some cash to buy the band some cowbells for the purpose . . .
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        Yeah, I thought of that, actually . . . and if necessary, I'd pony up some cash to buy the band some cowbells for the purpose . . .
        If we needed to skirt the rules, just have the band start to play Blue Oyster Cult at every stoppage.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          If we needed to skirt the rules, just have the band start to play Blue Oyster Cult at every stoppage.
          Which song?

I'd go for Godzilla, personally, over Don't Fear The Reaper. Much less morbid.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by SFJACK View Post
            IMO we need to have a more creative student section. Take a look at what UNI is doing with the "Interlude Dance". UNI was having the same issue we are discussing...no fire or energy from the crowd. Now you have students, parents and kids all taking part in this dance. One of the most creative things I've seen in a long time...nice work UNI! Take a look at this video and you'll see what i'm talking about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVcHX2ItNYY

I saw that when they played over the weekend. Really cool to see. Would be fun to see something like that in Frost.

Comment

Working...
            X