Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UW-Milwaukee GDT

Originally posted by jacksdistance View Post
    Also looking at the boxscore; no points, no assists, no rebounds, no blocks, no steals. Just 4 missed shots and 1 foul. I don't think his defense was stellar either. He just seems to be taking up one of our 5 positions on the court and not doing anything while he's out there.
    Watching the game, he made a couple of nice passes that should have been turned into assists and I thought his D was pretty good.

I don't think he is as good as Chad White, but I do think he is good enough to warrant playing time.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Also looking at the boxscore; no points, no assists, no rebounds, no blocks, no steals. Just 4 missed shots and 1 foul. I don't think his defense was stellar either. He just seems to be taking up one of our 5 positions on the court and not doing anything while he's out there.
      Well that basically says it all.

But remember folks, he's only a freshman. I know a lot of the other players are too but the team is going to change a lot over the next 3 years while he's here.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Sorry for the rant, but this type of post irks me a bit.

Sometimes I get the feeling that fans want every player on the roster to average 20 and 10. That isn't realistic, although if we scored 200 points a game we would be hard to beat. Every team has guys who average 3 points, 1 rebound (even Duke, Kansas, and Kentucky). Sometimes those guys have an off night and don't do anything. It doesn't mean they shouldn't see the floor or that they are taking up space. It means they know their role and play to their role. It means that when they are 0-4, they don't launch just to get in the scoring column. It means when they don't have any rebounds, they box out that much harder, but don't get stupid fouls. It means they hunker down and play defense. That should be commended, not questioned.

As for Carlson, against Idaho St. he had 3 points, 2 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block, and 2 steals in 13 minutes of action. Of course he isn't going to fill out the stat sheet like that every night, but he definitely has the ability, just had an off night against UWM.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Don't blame the players blame the baskets. We seem to have the most friendly baskets in the nation for the visitors. Just look at how well other teams shoot when they come to Frost. Why our baskets don't like the Jacks is beyond me. Do they abuse them during practice, not use them for practice when the baskets think they should be used, what? It's that way for the women's team also. Until we get our own baskets on our side and get them to be friendly so our shots drop we may not have a chance. Use them nicely in practice, talk to them, take them to dinner, say hi to them when you come into Frost. Let's get on them to help us out.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
            Don't blame the players blame the baskets. We seem to have the most friendly baskets in the nation for the visitors. Just look at how well other teams shoot when they come to Frost. Why our baskets don't like the Jacks is beyond me. Do they abuse them during practice, not use them for practice when the baskets think they should be used, what? It's that way for the women's team also. Until we get our own baskets on our side and get them to be friendly so our shots drop we may not have a chance. Use them nicely in practice, talk to them, take them to dinner, say hi to them when you come into Frost. Let's get on them to help us out.
            I love it! In all the struggles we have had over the last seven years this is the first time we have taken a good look at the baskets. SturgisJeff either your on something or your on to something!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

It's never been the same since we jilted the old-style baskets that hung down from the roof for those new-fangled floor jobbies. Maybe it's a karma thing.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

So who else do you want in there? Carlson and White are both freshmen (yes, Chad is a RFR) and they are in the rotation for Dale Moss and Clint Sargent. Chad is definitely the challenger for the starting lineup, but you are likely to see Chad and Brayden in there a lot in the substituting routine, especially when Chad was forced to the bench with two fouls in the first half. The other available bench player is Peyton Tivis. Carlson is going to be just fine (IMO) and will continue to improve as he gets playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  It's never been the same since we jilted the old-style baskets that hung down from the roof for those new-fangled floor jobbies. Maybe it's a karma thing.
                  I always like the hanging baskets. They had an old school feel to them. I feel from what I have watched at frost, its a lot of other teams letting things come to them compared to SDSu trying to force what they want.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I am very upset still about the NDSU loss. This game however I can point to us having a rough night shooting again which seems to be a problem after how well we started off from 3. Also the other team shot exceptionally well from 3. You avg out the teams 3 pointers to there season avg and we win this game. We gave up way to may points but stats wise we did a lot of other things well. Low TO, better rebounding effort etc.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I've always thought, very strongly, that our gym makes visiting teams feel like they are the best shooters in America. Frost Arena is a "shooter's gym," no question about it. I've had the luxury of playing competitively in Frost Arena when I was in high school. Whenever we came over our team agreed that shooting from the 3 point line in Frost feels like FTs in any other gym. For whatever reason, Frost Arena makes you feel like you are always closer to the basket than you really are. I might be crazy but I honestly think a team's confidence goes up when they show up at Frost and start shooting doing their shoot-a-round.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                        So who else do you want in there? Carlson and White are both freshmen (yes, Chad is a RFR) and they are in the rotation for Dale Moss and Clint Sargent. Chad is definitely the challenger for the starting lineup, but you are likely to see Chad and Brayden in there a lot in the substituting routine, especially when Chad was forced to the bench with two fouls in the first half. The other available bench player is Peyton Tivis. Carlson is going to be just fine (IMO) and will continue to improve as he gets playing time.
                        Aireus didn't play. I know Brayden is more of a shooting guard. Dale played limited minutes and who cares if Chad White had two fouls? The Jacks have enough depth that they can lose a player or two and be fine. Even in the second half Brayden was playing a lot while Chad or Dale could have been. I know he will get better but right now he doesn't deserve that much playing time (IMO as well).

Comment

I think one reason why Chad White saw limited minutes is because he is under the weather suffering from bronchitis for the past week and having a hard time catching his breath. Lets hope the Jacks can regroup on the road.

Comment

Working...
                          X