X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: smsu game

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Whatever.
    I thought this was a perfect reply to that portion of you post.

I agree, SMSU has more experienced post-players with bigger bodies. Doesn't mean we can't beat them on the boards, especially the defensive boards. Didn't help that they were hitting 3's which forces wing players and guards away from the lane to defend the 3-point line and makes rebounding more difficult.

I think other posters answered the question about the FT discrepancy. I really doubt the officials get together before the game and figure out a way to make sure the higher level team shoots 20 more FT's than the lower level team. Hence the curt reply. If you can't deal with it don't make suggestions you can't back up with facts.

Nice win, I'd like to see us shut teams down a bit more. Keep the focus on the defense and let the offense come, it will with the talent we have this year.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
      I had a good time last night. I really wasn't too surprised with the outcome or the way that that outcome was achieved. The score may have been close at times but the game was never close to being in doubt. SMSU was hitting a lot of shots, gotta give them credit for that. Student section was good; hopefully people are starting to realize that this team is good and really fun to watch.

I was impressed by Feigen's post game. Definitely more polished than Dykstra and Heemstra.

Stevensen looked really good. I'd only ever seen him in the exhibition and he didn't really do anything too impressive. Last night, however, he took and hit those 2 big three's when SMSU was closing the gap. Definitely like him coming off the bench.

Sarge's shot was off last night, but that's okay. I still can't believe how quick his release is and how he can square up so easily and quickly. Not worried, obviously.

Griff's on-ball defense was superb last night. He was just playing great D and working hard all night.

Good win, and I'm really not too worried about the rebounding.
      At some point it would be interesting to see Stephensen and Wolters in the game together,especially against teams that might use full-court pressure.. Might be a way to get a few more minutes out of Nate by reducing the stress of always bringing the ball up the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
        Most if not all schools play a couple of D2 teams each year
        Thus the comment about "knowing why" we do it. It doesn't mean "I" have to like it. You win by 15 and everyone wants to know why you played so poorly. You win by 30 and everyone wonders why you didn't win by 40. You lose, and well you know.

The one item I got out of this win came from RO's post. The fact that the game was never in doubt makes me think this team is capable of taking care of business against lesser programs. In the past few years I don't think we could have said that.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
          Thus the comment about "knowing why" we do it. It doesn't mean "I" have to like it. You win by 15 and everyone wants to know why you played so poorly. You win by 30 and everyone wonders why you didn't win by 40. You lose, and well you know.

The one item I got out of this win came from RO's post. The fact that the game was never in doubt makes me think this team is capable of taking care of business against lesser programs. In the past few years I don't think we could have said that.
          We cool

Comment

When is the last time we carped about a 3-0 team? Me likes the fact that expectations are getting back to normal.

Comment

Working...
            X